passed-out

Wednesday

Have I got a story for you! After I went to McNally Jackson to buy some books for my trip, I decided to treat myself to a pre-Birthday movie. My friend is a critic in Boston and he told me I should check out ‘Raw.’ However, he warned me, “Bring a barf bag.” I him saying that and I thought, “Pssh! It’s probably not that bad.” Well, guess what? It was!

As soon as the main character *spoiler alert* ate her sister’s finger after she cut it off during a freak Brazilian wax accident, I felt myself getting lightheaded. I got up, walked to the door, which I had a hard time getting open (because this is where everything started to get fuzzy), walked out into the lobby, and—you guessed it—passed out. When I woke up, I was surrounded by some members of the staff and a couple of kind, caring moviegoers. They helped me into a chair, gave me a free candy and soda, as my blood sugar was waaaaay low, a voucher, and checked in on me every five minutes or so.

I was so embarrassed, but I should have known better. This has happened before: I passed out in my evolution class during a screening of a hand transplant. I just didn’t think it was going to be that bad. People seem to be divided on the gross factor of 'Raw.’ I guess it depends on the person and how much they can stomach.

I will say this, of the 30 minutes I was able to get through… WOW. Beautifully written and incredibly well acted. Maybe I’ll give it another go when I can rent it or stream it, I mean, at least then I can pass out in the comfort of my own home.

So how was your Wednesday? 😝