Modern AU but instead of a dog, Rover is a tiny micropig!!!! :D
an excellent concept. i apologize for how i’m about to ruin it.
- [keith and pidge sneaking onto a farm for their supernatural-hunting youtube channel]
keith: what was that noise??
pidge: !! i bet it’s an alien!!
tiny pig: [shuffles out from behind a bag] :0)
keith: damn, false alarm. let’s– pidge, no.
pidge: [shoving the pig into her messenger bag and opening a bag of chips for it] their name is rover and they’re my new best friend
- i’m aware that micropigs probably aren’t found on farms, but listen. pidge straight-up stealing rover is an important part of their relationship.
- matt: katie, what on earth were you thinking?? there’s no way mom is going to let you keep a pig!! that you stole!!
pidge: ok but dad totally will
matt: …goddammit. you’re absolutely right. he will.
- mama holt: don’t be ridiculous, katie. you’re returning that right now.
pidge: [turns to dad with a sad puppy face]
dad holt: …now hold on one second, colleen, maybe we should think about this.
- she gets to keep it
- [at school]
hunk: hey, what did you guys do this weekend?
pidge: trespassed on private property to search for aliens
lance: oh, so the usual then
keith: pidge stole a pig
hunk: you what??
rover: [peeks out of pidge’s bag] :0)
lance: oh my gosh, hi little buddy!!
keith: you brought it to school with you?? pidge!!
hunk: [petting rover furiously] let her live, keith
lance: [feeding rover his breakfast] yeah keith, back off
- teacher: katie, where is your homework?
pidge: my pig ate it
teacher: you get brownie points for originality, but–
pidge: [holding up rover, currently chewing on her worksheet] maam i’m serious
- teacher: …katharyn, you cannot have that in here
pidge: it’s my seeing-eye pig?
teacher: please go to the principal’s office
- [allura’s birthday party]
lance: [leaving the kitchen with coran] oh man, this is gonna be great
tiny pig: [passes by]
lance: oh, hey rover
lance: wait…where’s pidge?
- he runs back into the kitchen, but the birthday cake is gone, and so is the mysterious pig
- hunk and coran have to make a new one
- lance sulks for a while because he worked really hard on decorating the cake. keith has to hug him to cheer him up.
- teacher: i finished grading your tests, and all of you did terribly.
lance: so that means there’s a curve, right?
teacher: i haven’t entered the scores into the gradebook yet, so i’ll hand them back briefly, but you won’t…
pidge: is everything alright, mr. haxus?
teacher: [lifts up rover and the remaining scraps of the tests] katharyn holt, take your pig to the office for the rest of the day. if you bring it in one more time, you will get a suspension.
lance: [whispering as she passes] the sacrifices you two have made will be remembered for generations to come