Paris Jackson didn’t take long to weigh in on the baldly ridiculous choice to have Joseph Fiennes portray her departed father, Michael. Joseph Fiennes is a white man. Michael Jackson was a Black man. Though the movie, Urban Myths, is plainly a farce designed for the maximum ridiculousness, the choice is offensive in a way that’s only worse for being so blithe and intentional.
Adorable things we've learned from Paris' "Rolling Stone" interview
1) Michael teased her about a crush she had on a girl when she was young
2) I repeat, Michael accepted his daughter and her sexuality from the get go.
3) He frequently reminded her to be proud of her race and her blackness
4) Michael was a pretty strict parent (which we already knew but STILLL)
5) Prince and Paris know that Michael is and will always be their biological father
6) People tell Paris she’s so much like her dad it’s frightening
7) Paris has the same “weakness” as Michael- letting emotions cloud your judgement (according to Prince)
8) Prince and Paris believe their father was completely innocent
9) Michael used to cry to the kids at night because of how cruel the world was to him
10) While rehearsing for “THIS IS IT” Michael was so tired that Paris would encourage him to take a nap with her
11) Paris believes Michael was murdered
12) It took her until she was 10 to figure out that Michael couldn’t have a baby and so she had to have a mum
13) When she asked Michael who her mother was, Michael simply said “Debbie” (Goddamit Michael! How is she supposed to know who that is?!)
14) Paris was on the same antidepressants as Michael at one point
15) Paris explained that losing Michael was the worst thing possible so anything bad that has happened since has been nothing in comparison
16) She shrugged off just randomly finding a platinum album in the attic (I wish!)
17) Michael introduced her to tons of music, including classical and rap
18) Sometimes Michael would come into their home school lessons and when he did the kids knew they were done with school for the day
19) Michael read to them at night
20) When she was younger Paris used to think that all she ever needed was her dad and Disney channel
21) Paris has track marks from drug use, some of which, along with her self harm scars, are covered with tattoos
22) 11 of her 50+ tattooed are dedicated to Michael
23) Michael used to call her “Tinker Bell”
24) It took her years to figure out Michael had a name and wasn’t just called “Daddy” or “Dad”
25) Paris knew Michael loved Lisa Marie because apparently he looks “whipped” in the YANA music video
26) Michael taught her how to cook
27) Michael made amazing fried chicken (KFC?!)
28) Paris is scared for the coral reef
29) Paris only found out who her mom was after Michael died, because she looked it up on the Internet
30) Paris is a sweetheart who deserves the best of this world
Do you know what irritates me the most about people questioning the parentage of Michael’s children? People who claim to be fans always say “well it doesn’t matter if Michael’s the biological father! He raised them so he’s their dad!” It does matter because no one wants to believe a word Michael says, even when it comes to his children. Everything he says is apparently a lie. Paris has even been getting harassed for calling herself black, and it’s completely ridiculous.
If Michael says his kids are biologically his, why can’t fans just believe him? If Michael wanted “white” children so bad, he could have easily just adopted. He talked about wanting to adopt children plenty of times.
Micheal’s kids look like him and the rest of the Jackson family. There are plenty pf pictures online comparing the kids to various Jackson family members. Prince even has vitiligo patches like his father!
Also, it’s 2017 and people still refuse to believe that mixed race kids can favor one race. There are so many examples of black and white kids that are white passing. Genetics are SO diverse, and the Jackson family descend from Europeans, Native Americans, and Africans. It’s not surprising that Prince and Paris are white passing. The kids are black and identify as black. Stop trying to argue otherwise.