>We asked the teachers on our Facebook page to share some of their most awkward moments in and out of the classroom. Here are a dozen of our favorite cringe-worthy scenes.
That awkward moment when…
1. "…another teacher mistakenly thinks you’re a student and tries to give you detentions for being out of class. And when you try to explain you’re a teacher, she snorts and says ‘Good try!’“—E.M.
2. ”…when a student asks 'How old are you Mrs T?’ and then guesses something closer to your grandma’s age.“ —P.T.
3. ”…you’re on a first date at a nice restaurant and the parents of one of your students are sitting at the next table.“—B.B.
4. ”…you run into your teenage students while buying bras at Victoria’s Secret and blush redder than they do.“ —R.T.
5. ”I turned my ankle on a rock on the playground at recess duty on a day I wore a skirt and went head over heels. My fourth-grade boys came running across the playground to make sure I was ok, to help me up, and to inform me that they saw my underwear.“—L.H.
6. ”You’re coming out of an adult store with a phallic-shaped cake pan for a friend’s bachelorette party and a student excitedly shrieks your name and pulls her parents across the parking lot from their restaurant to introduce them to you and then ask about an upcoming writing project.“—E.G.
7. ”I met a new student with his parents and sister at open house. I asked the student to introduce his sister. It turned out to be dad’s second, much younger wife.“—S.A.
8. ”… twice, I have seen parents of my students out (and *affectionate*) with someone other than their significant other. Makes conferences super awkward!“—J.R.
9. ”…You walk out on your balcony in Mexico for your holiday and a family from your school is in the adjoining room!“—L.D.
10. "The store security alarms erroneously goes off as you walk out of store. You look up and it seems half your class parents are walking in at the same time.” —A.D.
11. "…threw on a t-shirt in the dark one morning. Put sweater over it. During the day, it got hot. I took off sweater and there was a big hole in middle of front of shirt.“—S.L.
12. ”… on a date with my husband at a crowded winery and end up sharing a table with a mom of a student and her blind date.“—D.K.