Some less-known games (or series) that need love. If you get the chance to pick one up, totally do it.
- Shadow Hearts (PS2)
- Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)
- Shadow Hearts: From the New World (PS2)
- Digital Devil Saga and DDS 2 (PS2)
- Folklore/Folk’s Soul (PS3) - Action RPG
- Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) - Beat-em-Up Action
- Haunting Ground/Demento (PS2) - Evasion-based
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero (PS2)
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero: Crimson Butterfly (PS2)
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero: The Tormented (PS2)
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero: The Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Wii - not released outside of Japan, a translation patch exists).
- Fatal Frame/Project Zero: The Maiden of Black Water (Wii U - coming to the English-market soon)
- Parasite Eve (PS1) - Action/Horror RPG
- Parasite Eve 2 (PS1) - Action/Horror RPG
- 3rd Birthday: Parasite Eve (PSP) - 3rd-person Action Shooter (ala RE4)
If you want a creative game-play system: Shadow Hearts series (Timing-based Ring to determine success of Actions), Fatal Frame series (Photography-based Combat), Folklore (summon-based combat and Soul capturing), 3rd Birthday (jumping host bodies during combat).
If you want lots of funny: Shadow Hearts series, Lollipop Chainsaw.
If you want to be punched in the Feels: Shadow Hearts series, DDS, Fatal Frame series.
If you want something super-atmospheric: Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame series.
If you want something with tons of real-play value/Must Complete it!!: Fatal Frame series, Folklore, Lollipop Chainsaw.