- They come into the world with a feeling of royalty or “knowing” and often act like it.
- They have well above average IQ’s, though may never fit into any group.
- They often tell the parents “who they are” or where they lived before and give parents life advice.
- They have difficulty with absolute authority and hierarchy - e.g. authority without explanation or choice, and will not automatically respect their ‘superiors’.
- They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line or following any kind of illogical rule is very difficult for them.
- They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented, are based on dull routines or don’t involve creative thought. They will ask “Why do I have to do this? It makes no sense.”
- They often see better ways of doing things, both at home, school, and later, at work, which makes them seem like "system buster”; they’re non-conformists to illogical pre-existing system or the status quo.
- They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inwards, feeling like no other human understands them.
- School is often extremely difficult for them socially. They may rebel against being indoctrinated and forced to do work that makes no sense to them.
- They will not respond to “guilt” discipline (“Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did”).
- They are not shy in letting you know what they need or what they think needs to be done.
- They display degrees of psychic ability, often having predictive dreams.
- They have a feeling that much of humanity is asleep and may, even at a young age, express how they do not understand how their peers can be so unaware.
- They may feel like tiny adults even when very young and don’t identify with peers. They may prefer being with adults, talking about adult things.
- They might be avid readers, reading material way beyond their age category.
- By mainstream society, they may be labeled as semi-autistic, self-important, antisocial, tactless, disorderly, bratty, stubborn, rebellious, or rigid in thought.
It’s just completely wild to me how pervasive it is for fields of research like parapsychology to be viewed as illegitimate when the few professionals in the field are being employed by esteemed federal government agencies for confidential research.
I would love to be a parapsychologist but I can’t stand the thought of not being taken seriously just because the majority of the population chooses to remain ignorant of these kinds of phenomena.
Kiddos, believers, and fans alike, welcome to a new tradition. Owlfest!
What is Owlfest, you may ask? Owlfest is like a parallel to The Mothman Festival. it celebrates the existence of the Owlman of Mawnan! Since its a parallel, it is also only hosted online, and it is also chocked full of exciting events, such as exclusive Q and A’s with popular Cryptotumblrs, and other social media paranormies alike, exclusive art, snippets of writing, extra content of the Owlman writing, and much more!
I am really excited to get this going, and I may be sending out my friends to ‘campaign’ for this event! Its gonna be ‘Yuge’!
If anyone would like to, you can ask me about Owlfest, The owlman, or simply show off art of the bloody thing! I hope the community will participate this year!
A recently widowed man took this photograph of his daughter playing with her new Christmas presents only to discover that the developed picture clearly shows a spectral figure crawling across the floor. His daughter seems to have noticed the ghost, as she is looking towards it, smiling. He firmly believes that this is the ghost of his dead wife trying to play with their daughter on her first Christmas without her mother.
Everything is in a constant state of change. The atoms in your body and everything around you and even the entire universe is never the same from one moment to the next. There is no state of being or plane of existence that is ideal and constant. If you believe in heaven, even that is in a state of change. Isn’t this a freeing thought?
* my philosophy/ poetry partner
* kindest human I have ever met
* says how he feels about you with violin
* decides whether you will be a part of his life upon the moment of meeting
* believes in the metaphysical and the parapsychological
* worries about you constantly
* you worry about him, too
* he worries about you worrying about him
* every sentence uttered is laden with metaphors or wisdom or both
* “It’s a pity genuine expressions are given the word ‘lame’, while superficialities are thought of as ‘cool.’”
* loves learning about other cultures
* perhaps too idealistic?
* definitely too perfectionistic
* a legit romantic
* broken inside
* still, you do not have the permission to worry
* my twin
* I’ve never known a boring moment with him
* we have the same thinking pathways– although usually mine end with “but no”, and his end with “but yES.”
* so many inside jokes
* secret smirks
* INFJ’s best friend since childhood
* and the reason for INFJ’s chronic sighing
* if you want to get on his good side, talk about the Fermi paradox
* complete physics geek
* acts like he doesn’t care
* cares very much
* cosplays as Tesla, for no reason at all
* steampunk junkie
* against modernization
* reinvents things
* quotes Harry Potter as though it was the sacred truth
* we differ so very much, yet get on so very well
* an actual artist, gathering inspiration from everywhere
* her paintings depict realities only few others see
* very attentive
* very sassy
* everybody wants to be her friend
* a rebel
* obsessed about aliens
* (has a crush on ENTP ehm)
* her style differs with her mood, and reflects it perfectly
* actually puts up with my ramblings
* my physics teacher
* the most badass person I have ever met
* I hold so much respect for her, I can’t even begin to elaborate
* listens to the petty spats and meaningless complaints of the class with endless calm, and ends them with a single look
* very open minded about new concepts/ unproven theories
* very articulate and concise
* sarcastic and funny
* “I don’t care.”
* she cares. She simply is not going to react immaturely
* “Would you, block of matter occupying space, like to contribute with an opinion?”
* changes interest every month
* obsesses like. no. other.
* charming and everyone likes him
* claims to dislike everyone
* “I’m not sociable, man.”
* is very sociable
* so very sensitive
* an actual paradox
* talks tirelessly and endlessly about whatever interests him at the moment
* tells me how I feel
* but never actually gets it right
* has very strong convictions
* that he alters all the time
* bless his heart
* very smart
* obsessed with books
* actually turned his bedroom into a library. He even took out his bed!
* judges you based on your execution of your ideas
* “how is this thing of use?”
* most likely to rule the planet
* very straightforward
* very independent
* is convinced I will get myself run over if she doesn’t help me cross the street (???)
* has an endless supply of ideas how you could actually achieve your goals
* will help you, whether or not you ask for it
* she and ENTP love to get on each other’s nerves
* INFJ’s girlfriend
* always neat and well-dressed
* very confident
* is not easily fazed
It had been almost four months since you had left the
hospital. Your apartment was oddly silent and you were starting to feel like
something was missing. There were days when you would catch yourself staring
into space, smiling, as if you were living another life in your head. A life
you didn’t have access to.
Your therapist told you to be patient, you had to let your
brain recover and adjust. It was a topic that even Peggy and Tony avoided. You
realised the past few months had been hard on them too, so you decided to
pretend everything was fine.