Football Stadium Cookies
Yields 12 to 18 cookies
The things you’ll needIngredients
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) salted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Hand mixer with attachments
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Square cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap
- White royal icingn in a decorating bag fitted with coupler
- #2, #1 tips
- Green royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with a #2 tip
- Rainbow nonpareils
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk in flour, almond meal, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- On low speed, beat in the flour mixture until combined.
- Shape the dough into 2 discs and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
- Working with one disc at a time on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough ¼ inch thick. Cut out cookies using square cookie cutter and place them 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Allow to cool before decorating.
- Place batter into cupcake liners and bake at 350ºF for 20-22 minutes or a cake tester comes out clean.
Time to decorate!
- Use green royal icing to pipe a rectangle on the middle third of the square. Allow to fully dry.
- Pipe white royal icing with a #2 tip into rectangles above and below the green. While the white royal icing is still wet, sprinkle on rainbow nonpareils until covered.
- Add the yardline details with white royal icing and a #1 tip.
- TaDa! The crowds are roaring in these stadium cookies!