And there’s another little gift I made for @blacksmiley-c Making this one was fun, you should’ve seen me in the art shop where I bought tons of decorative paper like *holly and this and this and this why can’t I handle all these papers*
i rly srsly have a problem with this especially after school ))): like im always on tumblr or something so i never get anything done rip
so im gonna try to practice what i preach from now on!!! lets get into it!
preparing for productivity
when you get home from school or work, give yourself a 20-50 minute break. lets be honest we all have those days when we try to jump right into doing whatever the heck you need to do right when you get home but after like 20 minutes you’re distracted and a mess and not getting any work done. the easy way to prevent this is to give yourself time to do all of that before you start your work so you’re not distracted later (give urself an hour if its been an especially long day). eat a snack, wash ur face tbh, whip your hair, idk what you crazy kids do but do it. srsly. just get it out of the way.
get everything ya need in one place. this is kinda a no-brainer especially since it’s all over tumblr. but srsly why get up every 5 minutes to get a pencil or something? just have it all in the first place. ez.
turn off your phone or put it in airplane mode. personally i like to pretend like im so determined and focused but every time i see the little t at the top of my phone im just gone. don’t let it distract you. if you need the internet, use your laptop/computer for less distractions.
set the mood. idk what you do, whether thats playing the moana soundtrack hanging up fairy lights, putting on your diffuser or playing rap music; idk man! do it.
actually doing the thing
alright so now u got ur fairy lights, ur mildliners, ur face washed, and ur apple juice (??? apple juice is lit???). now throw yourself into it. literally just force yourself to do it. don’t know how??? welll!!! not sure how to help you! (no im kidding don’t leave yet pls)
use the touch it once rule. this is a favorite of the studyblr community. it means that everything on your to-do list, everything you know you need to accomplish– start it. just tell yourself “i’ll only do 3 math problems” or “i’ll only work on this resume for 5 minutes”. they say the hardest part is always starting. chances are, that unfinished worksheet is going to really bother you and you’ll end up finishing it. if not, then just come back to later and touch it again and again until you finish it. tedious, but it works.
use the “two minute rule”. i got this one from @emmastudies! this rule means that if anything on your list takes 2 minutes or less to do (checking your emails, checking your tumblr inbox or something), do it. just get it done.
keep it balanced. do like one easy task and then one hard task so you’re getting everything done but not overwhelming yourself either.
break down your tasks. don’t just look at a giant task like “write a 3-page paper”. break it down into smaller subtasks like “plan paper. draft paper. edit paper. type and print paper.” its much less scary to look at.
visualize procrastination as a monster. i do NOT take credit for this one; i saw it in a masterpost somewhere so this isnt mine!!! but basically i read that you should look at procrastination as a scary opponent ready to eat you alive (and honestly it is). tackle it. don’t let it attack. be so scared of it that you don’t let it get anywhere near you.
honestly just do it and keep at it. stop letting procrastination kick your ass so that you can be productive and stay productive. the work is it’s own reward (:
(Subtitles available in Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian and Polish. English subtitles are not totally correct, I’ll add a new version of English subtitles later. In the meantime, I have translated a few highlight points below.)
Update: Added English subtitles (choose English (United States) to turn on).
(The video features 2 Korean reporters, reporter Jung Hyung who is currently an entertainment reporter, and reporter Kim Hyung - a former entertainment reporter and is currently a movie reporter.)
1. Jung Hyung: “I interviewed BTS before and also after they became this popular, and recently I came to their concert too. At the press conference, Rap Monster said that they want to go on an US stadium tour next time, and they want to invite the reporters who have been watching their growth to the stadium.”
2. Jung Hyung: “I talked about this on our channel once before. There’s a really cute story which is, BTS couldn’t get first place on music shows for a while. So before they release ‘I Need You’ and ‘Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa’, they said it’s their wish to win first place on a music show. I asked them “If you win first place, is there anything you want from your agency?” and they answered that they want to have a foot bath massager. They said if they win first place this time, the company must buy them a foot bath massager. And after that BTS really won first place with the album.”
Donggun: “Did they get it?”
Jung Hyung: “They didn’t. But I guess they can buy one with their own money now.”
3. Jung Hyung: “BTS is one of the groups that make us happy as we interview them. Especially Rap Monster and Suga, these two talk about music a lot. It’s not easy to keep on talking about music when interviewing idol groups. Because idols overall are like works, their visuals, from top to toe. Normally there’s quite a lot of things to talk about besides music, so we don’t really talk about music much. But since BTS produce their own album and write their own songs, they really love talking about music.”
4. Jung Hyung: “There’s a thing that made me impressed. The recent press conference took place when BTS was caught in many issues, like the ‘Not Today’ lyrics controversy. They must have predicted that there would be questions for them, so they prepared this much A4-paper document. (3:09).”
Donggun: “Who? Which member?”
Jung Hyung: “Rap Monster.”
5. Kim Hyung: “Surprisingly, entertaiment reporters get boycott a lot too. Like we are asked not to ask this and that kind of questions even at press conferences. Or if they feel like a question will be asked, they avoid it and act according to the script. The MC would pass that question and the celebrity would use a prepared speech. Or they tell the reporters before the press conference. Even though BTS became world stars, they prepare so eagerly for questions that bring them disadvantages. It’s hard to see such case.”
6. Jung Hyung: “One of the reasons that BTS win favor from people in the industry and reporters is that they understand the relationship between celebrities and reporters are like partners. Some people think reporters attack them, but BTS understand and think of reporters as the ones who help them. With that kind of partnership, as they grow bigger and bigger, us reporters are proud too.”
7. Donggun: “Is there any group that can receive high praise for their personalities like BTS?”
Kim Hyung: “I don’t think there’s anyone like BTS. I mainly work with the movie field, so when I heard today’s topic is about BTS, I asked the music field reporters, BTS fans and my friends ‘Why do you like BTS?’. The first thing they replied was because BTS are kind. You know they are a group known for their performances, but the first thing people answered was that they’re kind and have good personalities. They said BTS are so pure that they can’t be called top stars, and that it’s their charming point.”
Crash course Is an excellent way to prepare for your paper 3 examine, plus a helpful reminded.
IB will cover anything from technology advances from World War 1 to World War 2. With this being said, for example during WW1 it was considered more of a trench warfare unlike during WW2 air crafts and other forms of methods of travel became more available.
Know the difference between Single Party States and Multi Party States
Understanding the difference between foreign intervention, two great Civil Wars that demonstrate this the most is the Chinese Civil War or the Spanish Civil War
During WW1 the Soviet Union (Russia) was not heavily involved unlike during WW2
Gather Historian views such as AJP Taylor who wrote the Origins of the Second World War, even just one historian will show you understand the topics
Gather old IB examines and choose several questions from each topic to work out and gather more information
Choose something you’re passionate about, when I took my examine I studied China a lot so I could write about Mao Zedong’s rise to power, the Chinese Culture Revolution, or even the the Great Four Leap Forward
When Talking about Multi Party or Single Party states, look up how each one for example Germany Vs China treated women, education, etc
Be able to tie in anything including how the person who was head of the state lived, for example Mao grew up on a farm or Juan Peron married Evita who helped bring in social reforms and women’s rights which guaranteed him his presidency.
I just felt like drawing some skellies last night. I had a lot of fun, so I’ll be doing this again. :3 I’ve been meaning to draw Paper Crane and Zigzag for a while now, so I’m glad I got around to it, even if they’re just simple doodles. 10/10 would draw again
Uncle Asy, Kid!Fresh, Kid!Decans (Momma CQ) and Zigzag @alainaprana