Dear “KuroMahi is pedo” faction
I’m not gonna pick a fight with you. I’m not even gonna talk to you long since I know you have no time to waste on opinions that aren’t yours, but allow me to steal one or two of your precious minutes for a short list on why you might wanna take a chill pill.
(Source: Merriam-Webster) Note: “a prepubescent child.” Mahiru is past that age. Calling Sloth Pair pedo would be a misattribution of that word.
2. “But Kuro is centuries old!” Yeah, and in Servamp the vampires’ mental and physical ages match. See: Subclass kids, Hugh etc. You wouldn’t ship any of them with teen/adult human characters even though they’re way older.
3. “But Kuro looks 18 and Mahiru is only 15!” Mahiru is 16 for the main part of the story, making it a physical age difference of a little over two years. I had age differences like that with some of my classmates in high school. Read: my peers.
4. Not everyone under 18 is automatically a naïve innocent angel and you don’t turn into an evil predator with your 18th birthday. 2-3 year age differences between couples are normal at that age. Kuro might not be really 18, but it’d still be natural for him to be attracted to someone who looks about the same age as he does.
5. “But the power imbalance! Kuro will take advantage of Mahiru!” Have you seen Kuro? As in, seen how he acts? I couldn’t think of anything more OOC.
6. Shipping Sloth Pair ≠ sexualizing Mahiru or the fact that he’s younger. For most people it’s about the emotional bond.
7. “It still seems creepy to me…” And that’s okie dokie! You don’t have to like the pairing or approve of it. You can question our standards all you want. But don’t think you’re a better person just because you call people out on having a higher tolerance for age differences than you do. The world isn’t black and white.
Sincerely, a disgusting and horrible person.