A scientist will tell you that our cells are powered by combustion reactions. Combustion is just another word for the reactions involved in Fire.
A scientist will explain that your blood is the same salinity as the oceans were 3.6 billion years ago, when living creatures first incorporated circulated Water into their basic structure - the precursors of blood.
A scientist might teach you about the millions of tiny chambers in our lungs called alveolar sacs that inflate and deflate every time we breathe, allowing our blood to mix with Air to feed our cells.
A scientist could tell you about the many minerals and metals that make up our bodies, from the metal in our bones to the phosphorus in our DNA, constructing our bodies out of Earth.
Our bodies are made of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit - the Elements of Magick
They’re also made of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorous, sulphur, iron, chlorine, potassium, sodium, and a million other elements and compounds - the Elements of Science
The Elements of Science and the Elements of Magick are not mutually exclusive.
Science and Witchcraft are not mutually exclusive.
You can be a scientifically-minded Witch, or a Witchcraft-practicing scientist, or anything in between. Your magick does not have to conflict with your science, and your Elements of Magick can be the same as your Elements of Science.
Illuminate the worlds of science and Witchery with your knowledge and your light. Let yourself shine, a beacon of bright knowledge and wisdom in the night of ignorance and fear.
You can easily use the 4 Earthly Elements to cleanse and charge yourself whenever needed.
- Take a walk with no shoes; Let the sunlight cleanse you from above, and the earth charge you through your feet
- Lie down in a field of grass; ground yourself and absorb the earth’s energy
- Visit the forest; talk to the trees, keep a watch out for pixies and other playful fae
- Keep a nice, smooth stone in your pocket for grounding and smoothing sharp emotions
- Dig up a handful of fresh earth; breathe in the scent, crumble it through your fingers, take note of the energies
- Spend time in a garden
- Find a windy place. Let the wind sweep away all negativity from you, and take in the excitable, playful energy of the breeze. Especially note how the wind ruffles through your hair
- Take deep breaths. with every breath out, exhale negativity; every breath in, feel the way your lungs expand as the fresh air stimulates your life force
- Light an incense
- Go on a speedboat and enjoy the rush of the wind as you travel over the water
- Talk to the wind: it’s a wise listener
- Take a shower; visualize the water washing away the negativity to show the shining positivity underneath
- Go swimming; submerge yourself in calm water, let the surrounding water cleanse you. think of yourself like a negative little teabag
- Stand in a (safely) rushing stream. Force your negativity through your feet and let the water take it far, far away
- Drink water. It is the essence of life and will cleanse you spiritually and boost your mood and health
- Play in a sprinkler; enjoy the beauty of flying droplets of water. make a ritual out of hopping back and forth through the sprinkler
- make a Cleansing spray; combine water, and the appropriate crystals/herbs/whatnot. contain in a water bottle and spray whatever needs cleansing or charging
- Light a white candle near by
- Meditate while gazing into a bonfire. Let the heat warm you and fill you with happiness
- Burn a cleansing bundle (sage, juniper, lavender…)
- Dance around a bonfire; go wild and release your negativity through song and dance
- Take something that represents negativity in your life and burn it (be safe.)
- Light a couple more white candles
- Light a scented candle
- Light some herbs on fire
- Please don’t light yourself on fire
Pay attention to elements that you feel the most attracted to. Sometimes, you are attracted to them at certain points in your life because that is the elemental attribute you are lacking, therefore being unbalanced. That element is seeking your attention for a reason.
What I really mean: Get the hell out of here with this 13th zodiac bullshit. My sign isn’t changing because of some random assholes thinking to themselves “hmm let’s fuck shit up” No! I won’t stand for this! I’m still whatever sign and element I am! Plus, having the Ophiuchus in the list would fuck up all the elements. There are 3 earth (Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo), 3 air (Aquarius, Libra, Gemini), 3 water (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio), and 3 fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius). Ok? Adding a new one would unbalance the elements. You don’t unbalance the elements.
Many traditions hold a belief in the five classical elements, although they are seen as symbolic as representations of the phases of matter. These five elements are invoked during many magical rituals, notably when consecrating a magic circle. The five elements are air, fire, water, earth, and aether (or spirit). Aether unites the other four. Various analogies have been devised to explain the concept of the five elements; for instance, the Wiccan Ann-Marie Gallagher used that of a tree, which is composed of earth (with the soil and plant matter), water (sap and moisture), fire (through photosynthesis) and air (the creation of oxygen from carbon dioxide), all of which are believed to be united through spirit.
Traditionally in the Gardnerian Craft, each element has been associated with a cardinal point of the compass; air with east, fire with south, water with west, earth with north, and the spirit with centre. Other Craft groups have associated the elements with different cardinal points, for instance Robert Cochrane’s Clan of Tubal Cain associated earth with south, fire with east, water with west and air with north, and each of which were controlled over by a different deity who were seen as children of the primary Horned God and Goddess. The five elements are symbolised by the five points of the pentagram, the most prominently used symbol of Wicca.
earth signs are so practical and down-to-earth. they are realistic, they know how the world works.
but the grand irony of earth signs is that although they are practical and they know the ways of the world, some of them can’t wrap around the fact that life is not just made of simplicities that are supposed to make sense. the world is more than that, and the earth signs are often baffled by such complications. taurus clings onto what they know, virgo works to create order, and capricorn tries to make a mark in the world that makes sense to them.
and that’s where the water signs come in. they embrace the beautiful, unrealistic nuances of the world. they may not understand how the world works, but why it works. cancer feels the world, scorpio investigates, and pisces embraces it. they embrace everything they see, but with all that acceptance, they can get lost in their emotions.
and that’s where the air signs come in. they make sense of the messy acceptance the water signs are lost in. gemini makes sense of spoken words. libra makes sense of people. aquarius makes sense of society. they place the stabilizing logic that emotions can’t establish. the most beautiful thing is that this logic is smart, but also open. however, logic can’t always show everything, and the drive of the world is absent.
and that’s where the fire signs come in. they ignite and drive the world to move. they burn and break what is known and established - they rebel against what is know and ignites passion. aries starts the fire. leo dominates the world in its flames. sagittarius observes the ashes afterwards and creates millions of possibilities.
and then it starts all over again. the four elements are very much distinctive, unique, and powerful in their own ways, but they can’t live without the other.