tagged by @flippyspoon thanks! 1. What was the last movie you watched? In theaters? B/one T/omahawk was my last… but in theatres it was… M/ad M/ax? Unless you count W/WE’s R/oyal R/umble lol
2. What was the last song you listened to? Stinging Velvet by N/eko C/ase
3. What was the last show you watched? B/99! Finally caught up
4. What was the last book you read? In full? Sacré Bleu. But I’m currently reading M/oby D/ick
5. What was the last thing you ate? ‘ZA!
6. If you could be anywhere else right now, where would you be? Somewhere warm under the sun, with a full itinerary to travel the world once winter shuts the hell up
7. If you could pick a decade to travel back in time, what would it be? None of them? I kinda like modern medicine, hygiene, the Internet, civil rights… If I could do a quick run down through all of them as a white, male aristocrat that somehow was immune to everything and was guaranteed to leave after 60 mins I’d consider it.
8. If you won the lotto and millions in cashmere what would be the first thing you do? First thing would be to PARTY! Then I’d sell all that the cashmere to increase my empire. With it I’d start a pretty high interest savings account, and from there start buying up real estate in my favourite cities to rent out when I’m not using them. Then I’d be laughing. LAUGHING.
9. Which fictional character would you like to hang out with for a day? MEH. All the people I watch/read about are fun but would I want to hang out with them? Nah.
10. What was the last fandom you joined? H/annibal? I mean, if that counts, like 2 years ago lol
Violent when roused, Vampire, Vicious in battle Loyal to those he loves Articulate Dauntless, Determined, Dominating, Indomitable will - by which he controls the thirst. Irreligious, Intelligent. Seductive, Suave, Sexy. Lustful, Loving - capable of it still. Amoral - has been Unforgiving Shrewd, Stern.
Homemade valentines might bring doilies and glue sticks to mind, but this classy upgrade is almost as easy as the elementary school version. Chocolate truffles are essentially ganache nuggets dusted with cocoa powder. Ganache is incredibly easy to make and dangerous to have in the fridge. This recipe makes a dozen (good sized) truffles, but you might want to double it in case you find yourself “testing” that ganache more than a few times as it cools. We used just enough of our Earl Grey Zephyr loose leaf tea, featuring real oil of bergamot, orange peel, and lavender, to subtly flavor the chocolate. Use more tea to further emphasize the flavor, or try it with our Lady Earl White or Royal Earl Grey Chai.
6 oz. fine-quality dark chocolate (we used 70% cacao)
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Bring cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in tea leaves and let steep 5 minutes. While the tea is steeping, finely grind chocolate in a food processor and transfer to a bowl. Pour the cream mixture through a fine-mesh sieve onto the chocolate, discarding the tea leaves. Whisk until smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
To shape the truffles, spoon even scoops of ganache onto a baking sheet. A melon baller or ice cream scoop can help create rounded, even scoops. Make sure your hands are cold (running them under cold water or holding a piece of ice first helps). Dry and roll each piece of ganache into a ball. Keep the rolling to a minimum to prevent the chocolate from softening. They don’t have to be perfectly round; after all, they’re homemade! Drop several balls at a time into bowl of cocoa powder and turn to coat. Transfer to an airtight container, separating layers with wax paper. Store for up to two weeks in the fridge, dusting lightly with more cocoa before serving if needed.