1. Character designs—go google Sakata Gintoki. Or Hijikata Toshirou. Or Okita Sougo. Or Kamui. Or Katsura Kotarou. Or Takasugi Shinsuke. Or Kagura. Or Tsukuyo. Or Kyuubei. Or any Gintama character for that matter.
2. It makes you laugh. And by laugh I mean desperately muffling your face in a pillow with tears streaming from your eyes at 2:00 a.m. because you’re watching Gintama’s Owee or Vacation Arc while everyone else is asleep.
3. It makes you cry. And by cry I mean desperately muffling your face in a pillow with tears streaming from your eyes at 2:00 a.m. because you’re watching Gintama’s Shinsengumi Crisis Arc or Beam Sword Style Arc while everyone else is asleep.
4. Characters and character relationships—tired of the same old Mary/Gary Stu? Watch this anime. Even a side character who only appears once or twice will be ingrained into your mind. All characters have multiple layers; there is no flat, boring character without depth. The relationships are solid, and the characters do not need to say “I love you” every 21 seconds to get the point across. Love is seen in their familiarity and actions.
5. It is a perfect blend of genres—want some sci-fi? Watch Gintama. Want some tragedy? Watch Gintama. Want some peak comradeship/shounen fighting? Watch Gintama. Want comedy? Watch Gintama. Want some historical Japan? Watch Gintama. Want samurai? Watch Gintama. Want action? Watch Gintama. Want slice of life? Watch Gintama. Basically just WATCH GINTAMA.
6. Soundtrack—so good. Go listen to any Gintama opening. The song will surely be stuck in your head.
7. It is unique and original. Tired of the same old shounen, with the underdog tween hero and the big dream, training montages, and unrealistically relentless determination? Gintama presents to you a fresh protagonist, Sakata Gintoki. If you can name another anime that has an arc based on a popularity poll then darn, you got me. If not, then GO WATCH GINTAMA.
8. There’s Elizabeth. That’s it. Just Elizabeth.
9. The stories are so beautifully told. In 3 episodes, it can convey the same messages and stories that another anime may take 20 episodes to tell. Are you busy? Can’t go on an anime binge? No worries. Just watch one of arc Gintama to pass your time. Maybe 2-8 episodes. Plus the backstories hurt.
10. Gintama blows everything out of the park. (You can trust me, as I’ve seen tons of anime but once I found Gintama it was like I found something I never knew I was looking for, as if this whole time I’ve just been watching anime in search of Gintama.) I can’t watch anything else anymore. It all seems mediocre compared to Gintama.
The OwEe arc is hands down the funniest arc in Gintama that I have seen so far. Heck it was one of the funniest episodes of the series, and possibly of any anime series I have ever seen! I’m really beginning to like Gintama! It’s growing on me! I wish you could equip elders in real life though!
Take Log Horizon/SAO type o universe, put Gintama, remember the Bentendo Owee & the other arc I forgot the name of and there! The speech: Alins had encoded the Eart has a server and everyone find suddenly themselves in a sort-of video-games :3
Kagura (GURA-SAN HAIR CUT) - Class: Force Master (Mainly hand-to-hand + some spells) - Tanky as hell
I told you that I know all about girl games. I know exactly what I have to do, even in the new ones. In this part, I’m going to meet the heroine by bumping into her. She’s going to have a slice of bread in her mouth and I’m going to see her underwear.