Hi guys :) Here are some of my tips on how to be productive & finish the tasks you set.
- At the start of the week write a detailed list of what you have to do, and add to it throughout the week
- Everything from homework to printing out lecture slides.
- Do this in either your planner/bullet journal or make yourself a Weekly Planner.
- Break everything in that list into small chunks
- i.e. For homework that has six parts, break that into six chunks that you can tick off when you finish it.
- Each day, set a number of tasks that seem achievable
- Knowing how much time each task takes is useful, but setting time limits can be overwhelming and counterproductive.
- Make sure not to overfill your day
- The key to being productive is knowing exactly what you need to do, whilst still having the motivation to complete the tasks.
Finishing the Tasks
- A popular method to help with time management is the Pomodoro technique, typically through the use of apps
- Pomodoro for iPhones
- Clearfocus for Androids
- Marinaratimer for web browsers
- If you don’t need to use the internet, turn it off
- Sometimes it’s nearly impossible to resist checking something online, so if you don’t need it, turn it off.
- Prepare to concentrate
- Eat well beforehand, have a water bottle with you.
- Make sure you have all of the tools you will need, so you don’t have to go searching for the highlighter that matches your sticky notes
- No motivation to start?
- Just start! Seriously, just do one of the tasks you have to do, take a break, and then do the next one.
- Motivation can be fleeting, so discipline is important.
My other masterposts can be found here.