Hey! Love your blog. A question: out of all cockles panels (JIB & honcon) witch one do you think is the gayest?
This is such a tough question!
Since we’ve gotten to see Jensen and Misha’s relationship develop over the course of about ten years, there are a lot of flavors of Gay to sort through! And it’s so hard to pick a favorite!
Bad and awkward jokes, weird distance and stiffness, nervous fidgeting and adjusting, Jensen constantly reaching out for reassurance, basically “do you like me do you like me do you like me” on repeat, god he is so desperate, and a little possessive because it’s all just so new, Misha’s playing it cool but poking fun at Jensen is way too fun to pass up (he also does humor him quite a bit because, yeah, ok, he’s cute), tender, NEITHER ONE OF THEM KNOWS WHAT THEY’RE DOING BUT THEY’RE CLEARLY SMITTEN
- Onstage orgasm??? Jensen has NO idea what to do with his face let alone the uncomfortable boner he’s sporting? “Am I turned on? Am I afraid? What is happening?”
- THIS WAS THE BRACELET YEAR! They got each other matching jewelry? It’s so sickeningly high school I just - god, they’re so small. So innocent. So gay. Look at Jensen’s really bad hat.
It’s sweet and hilarious and also painfully embarrassing. Actual footage of Jensen and Misha today looking back on JIB2:
This was a weird one because it’s the first Cockles panel after the alleged breakup. It’s probably my least favorite because nothing really Gay happens, but I do have to talk about it a liiiitle. There’s some distance between them and some awkward fumbling, but Jensen is trying REALLY HARD TO PUSH THROUGH and he even puts his bracelet from JIB2 on again, he’s extremely masculine and a little cocky (it’s very hot), it’s one of the really rare moments when Jensen takes control of a situation and pilots with his stage persona? Lots of “just dudes being guys” moments. Misha slowly thaws out and the mood improves but they’re not quite at a strong level of comfort yet. Weird moment when they no homo away Destiel that drags on for way too long, almost overcompensating.
- Noteworthy: “We get a tingly feeling when we hear it so we know it’s you.”
Best possible improvement after JIB3. Soft friendship, lots of blushing and “ums,” real shy and tender and a lot of tension that sneaks out in laughter and bad eye contact, which promptly gives way to wild energy and close hovering, stuttering and big smiles and adjusting, awkward gestures, constantly making fun of each other, pulling on pigtails and clumsy teasing, a kind of self-consciousness runs through everything but they are sweet and steady and push each other past the discomfort, so much sexual tension
- THE WHOLE RESUME BATTLE DEBACLE???? Will there ever be anything more iconic than this? Utterly ridiculous, the ultimate flirty pigtail pulling
- Flowers??? Most gay.
- Honestly so flamboyant and funny this is where they start to really get comfortable with each other and it only gets better from here
SO VERY GIGGLY, really dumb gags, soooo smiley!!! it’s actually stupid!!!, bodies under extreme gravitational pull like seriously they are constantly moving into each others’ space, HIP CHECKS!!!, reminiscing onstage together, no blushing just chill and happy and playful and secure in each other and themselves, heart eyes to the extreme
mayday, mayday!!!! man down!!!!!!
other highlights include:
- THE ONSTAGE KISS THAT WASN’T EVEN PART OF THE COCKLES PANEL
- Actually, I forgot, there were TWO onstage kisses, the other one happened when Misha uninvited just hopped up on the stage with Jensen and kissed him right on the cheek
- It was so gay that I actually wrote a fic about it
- This has nothing to do with anything but they both look so good. Jensen’s hair and Misha’s shirt (the color!!!) and he’s tan and they color coordinate and they’re so happy and ugh I just love it. One of the most aesthetically pleasing panels even if Mish is a string bean
Comfort, easiness, not extraordinarily Gay™ but clear love there. Very family oriented with a hint of dirtiness? They keep the romance alive but their lives are so much richer and fuller and they’ve come together over it, you know what I’m just going to start listing things you’ll get the idea
- “My friend and protector”
- “Save it for when we take our pants off” *Jensen reaches for his belt*
- bulldozing and steamrolling over one another, Jensen flat out ignoring Misha for several minutes to talk about his own thing, much to Misha’s annoyance
- they literally go on for 15 minutes unprovoked in their own little world before realizing that they should probably take questions, “i think this is just two idiots up here talking”
- big laughs big laughs everything is hilarious jensen is such a disaster
- touching <333
- drinking “apple juice” with their faces on their knees side by side
- tum tum tum tum tu mtu tmutmtut mmm m SHOWIN’ OFF THE DAD BOD. JEN IS WELL FED AND GLOWING.
- Misha: “In one slight flip of the wrist, you just sold out Jus in Bello 2016”
- Misha leans in and smells Jensen’s armpit and Jensen just stands still? and lets him? what kind of weird domestic bullshit…….
- “Jensen doesn’t have any annoying qualities”
- Riding innuendos
- some actually really great JMDV content
- Dad talk! Talking about kids and poop! Together!
- Dad dancing, I’m cringing, I’m upset
A Good Mood, composed but really no fucks given, the throes of sexual passion have left them behind to be replaced by soft introductions and quiet comfort in each others’ space, overflowing compliments but also constant poking fun at each other, reading each others’ minds, silent communication, in sync and slowly getting closer and closer together, sass, innuendos like you would NOT BELIEVE and from MINUTE ONE, but then they also get excited talking about…. phone plans and saving money, commiserating about being old and bitter together, rambling, oh no, much more chill than last year
- Misha’s full bodied laughter, kicks his actual feet up in the air so we see the bottoms of his shoes
- Guitar playing :(
- Both influence and When Harry Met Sally making… a comeback
- Jensen swearing more than once, two F-bombs
- “I TURN MY BACK FOR TWO MINUTES”
y’all. listen. wild ride from start to finish. just watch it.
- Jensen got drunk and flashed Misha onstage what more do you even need to know
- he was a gOD DAMN MESS it’s SO GLORIOUS
it literally just happened so bear with me if this is incoherent but we got about 40 minutes - not even a full hour!! - in which Jensen Ackles told the story of when he first realized he was in love with Misha Collins while wearing matching shirts that he bought for the two of them and it’s so……… unbelievable. i honestly don’t have enough critical emotional distance at this point to rate this in comparison to other cockles panels but i know without a doubt that this moment will go down in my book as one of the absolute best ones
So how is one expected to choose!!! They are all gay and all terrible!!!! We’ve gotten to see an entire spectrum of relationship development, from crush to starting over to securely together to honeymooned to new dads to Old Dads. It’s incredibly rewarding and all you have to do is pick out your favorite stage of the relationship to get your best answer.
Of all of these though, I have to say that JIB4 and JIB8 are probably my favorites, with JIB5 and JIB6 also being a very strong contenders. I like the panels that show off Jensen and Misha’s friendship first, the moments where they can really let loose and just be silly with each other without reservations, whatever form that takes. I live for that.
SORRY I DIDN’T REALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION AND I DEFINITELY WENT ON SEVERAL TANGENTS OH WELL