OKAY I HAD SOME IDEAS FOR A STAR WARS AU HEAR ME OUT
Vex and Vax
- Vex and Vex left their home planet as soon as they became legal adults by stowing away aboard a ship that was headed out from the Core towards the Mid Rim.
- Vex fell in love with flying while traveling through space, so at the first planet they reached, she split up with Vax and enrolled in a pilot’s academy. She was a natural and passed her certifications with flying colors. Eventually she managed to scrape together enough money to buy an old junker that she affectionately named “Trinket”.
- Vax, on the other hand, continued to planet hop, eventually getting involved with seedier and seedier company and picking up a few tricks. He began taking out bounties on low level targets, and scraped together a living.
- He became involved with a ring of bounty hunters who called themselves the Clasp, led by a notorious figure who called herself the Raven Queen. The Raven Queen took significant interest in Vax, and outfitted him with blaster resistant armor pieces and a set of vibroshivs. She paid him a significant salary, and in return he ran…errands for her.
- Eventually he and Vex reconnect, and she essentially flies the getaway ship when he needs a quick escape.
- Percy’s father Frederick was the senator for the planet Taldorei. He spent his childhood at Whitestone castle located on one of Taldorei’s moons, researching and developing better weaponry for Taldorei’s army.
- One time Frederick took the whole family to visit Coruscant when he had to attend Senate sessions for a full month. Percy enjoyed the enormous libraries located in the Capitol, but was otherwise relatively bored by all the politics.
- On the way back, another political family asked for permission to board their ship, citing mechanical problems with their own transport. Upon boarding, Lord and Lady Briarwood, Dr. Anna Ripley, and a few Taldoreian insurgents took control of the ship and kept the family on board for weeks, killing them off one at a time.
- Percy was kept alive because Dr. Ripley discovered his weaponry designs and believed he could be useful. Eventually he managed to free Cassandra and himself. As they were chased all the way to the escape pods, Cassandra was shot in the back and fell behind just as the pod was launched.
- For the next few years, he drifted through the galaxy, trying to scrape together enough information and make contacts to help him take down the Briarwoods, who took his father’s place in the Senate.
Scanlan, Pike, Grog
- Scanlan and Pike are from the same war torn planet. Pike worked for several years as an army medic, before she eventually realized that the civil war engulfing her planet would continue until both sides destroyed each other entirely.
- Feeling that her services as a well trained, highly skilled doctor would be better utilized elsewhere, she managed to get passage aboard one of the last transports off her home world.
- Scanlan became a slicer instead of a soldier. As the war progressed, he honed his ability to hack into all different sorts of technology until he was able to gain access to nearly any classified information he wanted.
- For years he played a double and triple agent for both sides of the conflict, crafting dozens of identities for himself and distributing information to the highest bidder.
- Unfortunately, his deception was almost simultaneously discovered by prominent figures on both sides of the war, and he only barely managed to escape with one last fake I.D. on board the same ship as Pike.
- After a few days of travel, their ship hit a gravity mine and was forced out of hyperspace. A band of enormous Goliath pirates led by Kevdak forced their way into the ship and proceeded to loot all the ships provisions. Whoever they discovered, they slaughtered. Pike and Scanlan ended up hiding in the same storage closet for hours before they were found by one of the pirates.
- When Grog saw the two small gnomes huddled in a closet, he couldn’t bring himself to kill them like he had seen his uncle do to all the others. Disgusted by his nephew’s mercy, Kevdak and the other pirates beat Grog to a pulp. Pike and Scanlan escaped in the chaos that followed.
- After thoroughly looting the transport, the pirates shipped out, leaving Pike, Scanlan, and Grog behind. Pike, who had worked with even more serious injuries in less favorable conditions, was able to stabilize Grog until an emergency response team picked up their distress beacon.
- They’ve been traveling together ever since, picking up jobs from Scanlan’s underworld contacts, with Grog acting as Scanlan’s body guard and Pike as the team doctor.
- Keyleth was born on Zethra, a planet beyond the Outer Rim and outside Republic jurisdiction. As a result, despite being born with strong Force abilities into a prominent family, she was never discovered by the Jedi.
- Her mother was also Force sensitive, and was also never discovered. When Keyleth was three years old, there was an accident involving a loss of control where her mother almost caused a pillar to collapse on Keyleth. Her mother left the planet to venture into the more populated areas of the galaxy, searching for someone who could help her get her abilities under control.
- Her mother left her a necklace with a green kyber crystal, which is all Keyleth has to remember her by.
- As Keyleth grew older, her abilities became harder and harder to manage, just like her mother’s. She could levitate objects and could sense the minds of the living creatures around her, but sometimes she would lose control of herself which often resulted in unintentional property damage.
- At her father’s urging, Keyleth took one of the planet’s few ships capable of space tavel and set off towards Coruscant.
- Along the way, she got into numerous scrapes that she just barely managed to escape from due to her limited Force abilities before being discovered by Vex and Vax and teaming up with them.