- Disney has cut ties with Swedish YouTube mega star Felix Kjellberg, better known as PewDiePie. Kjellberg has 53 million subscribers.
- The split came after he posted a series of videos that contained anti-Semitic images, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.
- Disney’s decision to part ways came after the Journal reached out to Disney to inquire about nine troubling clips from Kjellberg’s videos dating back to August 2016.
- The Journal noted that in one since-removed video,
Kjellberg shows a man dressed as Jesus and saying “Hitler did
absolutely nothing wrong.”
- But it’s the video wherein Kjellberg hired two Indian men to hold up a sign that reads “Death to all Jews” that reportedly prompted Disney to pull the plug. Read more (2/14/17 10 AM)