- Would 100% fight you if you upset one of his friends
- Is super forgiving even of those who don’t deserve it
- Deliberately invited the loners at school into his club and taught them to love themselves and to be kind to others
- Tries so hard to include everyone
- Puts up with the twins pranks because he loves them just as they are and wants them to be happy
- Immediately decides Kyoya is new best bro when he arrives
- WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HARUHI
- Gets depressed if his friends are sad
- One time when Hikaru nearly died on a ski trip ( the most heart stopping moment in the manga like holy shit we all thought it was taking a dark turn)
Tamaki is so distressed he drops everything he’s doing and rushes to the ski resort to be at Hikaru’s side and to make sure Kaoru is okay and is honestly the biggest mess the entire time.Kaoru ends up trying to calm Tamaki down. When Hikaru turns out to be okay besides a concussion, minor hypothermia , and exhaustion, Tamaki is so relieved and gets super emotional and it’s just such a touching scene I STILL get all weepy about it tbh
- LOVES ANIMALS
- Is so kind ??? Like he even recruits a kid who’s literally a future mob boss into the host club because he sees the kid is lonely and sad ??? And Casanoda is so grateful like Tamaki literally helped turn his life around
- HAS A DOG THAT HE LOVES WITH ALL HIS HEART
- Is so high key excited all the time that I honestly think he’s related to Victor Nikiforov ( NO BUT LIKE FOR REAL HE TOTALLY IS)
- Is actually so smart he reads really complex books in English even though it’s not his native language ? Like he learned Japanese within a few months when he moved to Japan I mean ???
- Is so culturally respectful ? He tries so hard to understand local custom and be respectful about it ? Like in the manga he’s always going on about historical Japanese traditions and famous Japanese people and begging Kyoya to visit historic places with him and honestly it’s the cutest thing to me that Tamaki throws himself into new cultures so purely
-No but he bonded with his grandmother because they both obsessed over this old tv series based in ancient Japan and TAMAKI LEARNED HOW TO PLAY ALL THE MUSIC THE SHOW EVER FEATURED and he plays it on the piano for his grandma
- TAMAKI GOT TO SEE HIS MOM AGAIN HE GETS HER BACK YOU GUYS
AND HE WAS JUST SO HAPPY SHE WAS OKAY
Like she’s crying because she thinks he’ll be mad at her because she was forced to give him up and he’s just like
“ Mom no , I’m glad you did it because I’m happier now and you’re healthy ”
- Hugs people a lot
-Always down for adventures if you want one
- Tries really hard to be liked by everyone
- Travels overseas to support his girlfriend??? GOALS
- Never pressures Haruhi into being ANYTHING other than herself , even though he comments sometimes about how he’d like to see her in feminine things , he never tries to force her to wear something she doesn’t like
- Thinks Haruhi is beautiful no matter what
- Gets super flustered when Haruhi gives him any kind of romantic attention
( she hugged him in public once and he blushed beet red and got all speechless it was adorable )
( BONUS- SHE HUGGED HIM BECAUSE KYOYA TOLD HER TAMAKI WOULD GET FLUSTERED, KYOYA YOU LITTLE SHIPPER)
- Is so genuine in his praise and it’s so pure ?
Like he’s not flirting he honestly does think every girl is beautiful
- So Extra about everything , no wonder Kyoya is so tired
You're so beautiful with the way your eyes shine when you're laughing genuinely. And the way your eyebrows furrow when you're thinking. And the way you try to hide the little snort when one of us tell a joke. You're beautiful when you're sitting here, supporting all of us. And yeah, you can get a bit overbearing but I'd rather have that than never having met you. You brought light back into my life and I will never regret letting you in.
Haruhi: How on earth do we have 3000 guests?! How many people go to this school?
Kyoya: Haruhi, don’t concern yourself with the school’s register. Most of the guests come from our school, but some have started coming over from the Middle and Elementary schools as well. Even the public has started to join in the festivities.
Haruhi: Whaaaat? How did I not notice?
Kyoya: *chuckle* Just think of it as an opportunity to increase your monthly payments on your debt.
Haruhi:*starry eyed* One day I’ll be free!
Tamaki:*Kill Bill siren* My baby girl would never run away from her daddy!