LATEST #NORBURY UPDATE:
In 1893 ACD killed off Sherlock Holmes at the Reichenbach Falls and as a result induced mass fan outrage with over 20,000 people cancelling their subscription to The Strand magazine.
After being absolutely bombarded with complaint messages (and people literally taking to the streets wearing mourning clothes) however, Doyle revived Holmes in “The Hound of the Baskervilles” and then properly in “The Empty Hearse”.
Now it seems we have our own “Final Problem” to address. If it’s an ARG/meta-narrative Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss want, it’s what they’re going to get.
LET’S GET #NORBURY TRENDING.
Set your alarm. Save the time.
- Keep it classy. Pithy arguments, thought-out responses. No cheap insults/name-calling etc. We want to start a conversation.
- Best not to @ Mark Gatiss or any other members of the cast/crew of Sherlock. If you really want to tag someone I suppose BBC One is a possibility.
- Using old Twitter accounts is better than new ones because your tweets may be invalidated/not counted towards the trend.
- It’s more likely that tweets will count towards the trend if you have a full twitter bio/profile picture/are following people/have mentioned and replied to tweets before.
- We need over an estimated 1700 tweets to trend during this time.
- The more people involved, the better. Message your friends! Spread the word.