Disclaimer: I don’t own the source material in this fanfic.
That’s to whatever company or person owns it. I would never claim to own it.
Notes: There are probable influences from fandom and whatnot
in this story. A prompt from @astridthevalkyrie when I asked for polyamorous
The poem that Fishlegs’ reads is not written by me, it’s Sonnet 18, by William
Shakespeare. This story takes place during Race to the Edge, at an unknown point after the events of Edge of Disaster
in season 2.
I would love it if you guys sent me a number and a ship!
1. Who is the early bird/ Who is the night owl?
2. Who is the big spoon/ Who is the little spoon?
3. Who hogs the cover/ Who loves to cuddle?
4. Who wakes the other one up with kisses?
5. Who usually has nightmares?
6. Who would have really deep emotional thoughts at the middle of the night/ Who would have them in the middle of the day?
7. Who sweats the small stuff?
8. Who sleeps in their underwear (or naked)/ Who sleeps in their pajamas?
9. Who makes the coffee (or tea)?
10. Who likes sweet/ Who likes sour?
11. Who likes horror movies/ Who likes romance movies?
12. Who is smol/ Who is tol?
13. Who is considered the scaredy cat?
14. Who kills the spiders?
15. Who is scared of the dark?
16. Who is scared of thunderstorms?
17. Who works/ Who stays at home?
18. Who is a cat person/ Who is a dog person?
19. Who loves to call the other one cute names?
20. Who is dominant/ Who is submissive?
21. Who has an obsession (over anything)?
22. Who goes all out for Valentine’s Day?
23. Who asks who out on the first date?
24. Who is the talker/ Who is the listener?
25. Who wears the other ones clothes?
26. Who likes to eat healthy/ Who loves junk food?
27. Who takes a long shower/ Who sings in the shower?
28. Who is the book worm?
29. Who is the better cook?
30. Who likes long walks on the beach?
31. Who is more affectionate?
32. Who likes to have really long (deep) conversation?
33. Who would wear “not guilty” t-shirt/ Who would wear “sin” t-shirt?
34. Who would wear “if lost return to…” t-shirt/ Who would wear “I am…” t-shirt?
35. Who goes overboard on the holidays?
36. Who is the social media addict?
37. Height difference or age difference?
38. Who likes to star gaze?
39. Who buys cereal for the prize inside?
40. Who is the fun parent/ Who is the responsible parent?
41. Who cries during sad movies?
42. Who is the neat freak?
43. Who wins the stuffed animals at the carnival for the other one?
44. Who is active/ Who is lazy?
45. Who is more likely to get drunk?
46. Who has the longer food order?
47. Who has the more complex coffee order?
48. Who loses stuff?
49. Who is the driver/ Who is the passenger?
50. Who is the hopeless romantic?
Day 1- Draw your OTP.
Day 2- Draw your OTP kissing.
Day 3- Draw your OTP with one of them crying.
Day 4- Draw your OTP as an au.
Day 5- Draw your OTP in bed together.
Day 6- Draw your OTP with one wearing a shirt that says: “If found return to ______.” and the other wearing a shirt that says: “I’m ______.”
Day 7- Draw your OTP on a holiday of your choice.
Day 8- Draw your OTP as animals.
Day 9- Draw your OTP with matching clothes.
Day 10- Draw your OTP meeting for the first time.
Day 11- Draw your OTP cuddling.
Day 12- Draw your OTP genderbent.
Day 13- Draw a screenshot of your OTP.
Day 14- Draw your OTP just hanging out together.
Day 15- Draw your OTP at a public place of your choice.
Day 16- Draw your OTP with one person carrying the other.
Day 17- Draw your OTP with one caring for the one that is sick.
Day 18- Draw your OTP arguing.
Day 19- Draw your OTP on a date.
Day 20- Draw your OTP sharing a hoodie.
Day 21- Draw your OTP flirting.
Day 22- Draw your OTP in the summer.
Day 23- Draw your OTP in the fall.
Day 24- Draw your OTP in the winter.
Day 25- Draw your OTP in the spring.
Day 26- Draw your OTP at least 8 years older/younger.
Day 27- Draw your OTP with switched clothing.
Day 28- Draw your OTP with one defending the other.
Day 29- Draw your OTP at a party.
Day 30- Draw your OTP sharing something of your choice.
No matter how many times they’re done, there are a few tropes I’ll read 100 times with the same ship, by 100 different authors.
Here are just a few of those tropes:
1. Fake Dating AU.
Whether it’s a short exchange with a stranger because there’s a creep who won’t stop hitting on them, or a fully planned out, year-long con to fool their family, I can never get enough of these.
2. Trapped in A Small Space Together
Freezing to death in an engine room. Hiding together in a closet to avoid being killed. Locked in a room, running out of air.
No matter the context, this one always makes my day, especially if one of the people trapped isn’t usually big on physical contact.
3. Taking Care of Children Together
Innocent little kids have a way of bringing out the soft side of even the fiercest characters.
4. Unnaturally Truthful
Truth serums, an excess of pain meds, and outside threats are just a few of the ways my beloved ships can be forced to admit things they never would under normal circumstances.
5. Amnesia/Forgetting The Other
Sometimes they hit their head. Sometimes they were brainwashed. Sometimes they died and came back to life.
Whatever the reason, one doesn’t know the other, and the other has to faithfully stick by them, and try to help them remember. (Or start from scratch, befriending them and falling in love all over again.)
6. Grumpy, Distant Characters Turning Into Human Puppies Around That Special Someone
This requires no explanation, I believe.
7. Everyone Knows One Loves The Other
Except, of course, the other.
8. First Kiss Forgotten
Maybe someone was under mind control when it happened, or maybe they just had a bit too much to drink, but Person A remembers Person B kissing them, and Person B has no idea it happened. (Or DO THEY?)