God help me I’m thinking about fucking self-indulgent/sadstuck soulmate aus for canon Homestuck like
Names show up on your arm in the appropriate color when you turn 6 or 13. If you’re a troll, you get five names. You don’t get to know which are which. It fucking sucks.
Terezi had secretly hoped Vriska would be her flushed match, but Vriska had hoped for Tavros because the Summoner and Mindfang were matched, and by the time Terezi and Vriska realized they were some kind of match, they had already gone through Make Her Pay.
When Vriska figures out Terezi is one of her matches, she redoubles her friendly flattering messages trying to get her back, because she’s not sure what quadrant she and Terezi are destined in, but obviously she’s going to collect all her soulmates and figure something out, because that’s her destiny.
Terezi licks her arm on her 6th wriggling day, smells blueberry, and then just fucking buries herself in the scalemate pile and screams in frustration for like a whole day. It’s a whole three nights before she even reads the other names.
Karkat has spent his entire life hoping that his matches are his age or younger, so he can find out about and subsequently silence those fuckers before they get his name on their arms in heretical red and decide to turn him in. He’s dismayed when he knows a few of the names. He’s even more dismayed when one of the names is also in red.
Kanaya is hella freaked out because she has a four letter name on her arm, in an off-spectrum unnatural lavender color, and does that mean she’s an alien fucker? (yes)
Okay but soulmate au where first words appear on your wrist but person A has nothing and is thinking they don’t have soulmate and person B has words but is mute and is panicking because they won’t be able to (vocally) say anything and they’re worried their soulmate won’t believe them
After a few months, the raging frustration at his position, the constant nightmares began to subside and Luciano came to accept as inevitable the fact that release would not come soon, that the appeals process would be a long one. He began to come somewhat to terms with his situation, particularly in the library. ‘There I was, surrounded by all them books and I started to think about Lansky—how Meyer was always walkin’ around with a book stuck in his back pocket and his nose buried in another one. The son of a bitch was always readin’, always learnin’ somethin’, mostly havin’ to do with numbers. That’s when I started reading.’ … 'I was reading so much that one day, when Frank Costello came up to see me and I started tellin’ him about all the books I’m reading, Frank says to me, “Charlie, you’re becoming a goddamn Sicilian Meyer Lansky.” Whadda you think of that?’
Soulmate AU: You summon your soulmate in a time of great need.
- Person A is taking a test and cannot solve one problem that will determine their grade, Person B gets dragged out of bed on her day off and teleported across the world to Person A’s location with no way home.
- Person B is getting attacked for some extreme reason (mugging, dragged off to a dark corner, killings going on in their city, ect.) and Person A is teleported to go save him/her.
- A natural disaster is happening in Person A’s area and Person B is teleported to them.
- It’s Person B’s first time alone in a thunderstorm and is terrified to death. Person A is teleported to Person B, to find them curled up in a closet.
- Person A has joined the military, and is about to go on a secret Special Operations mission. In all that terrifying fear, they accidentally summon Person B, who had been in the shower, and now has no clothes and no way home. What a pickle.
- It’s Person B’s first day of kindergarten and they’re is really bad at making friends. In the first couple hours everyone has already found a friend except Person B. They run off and hide in the bathroom, crying their eyes out, just to summon Person A, who’s in first grade.
- Person A is crossing the street, just at the last moment seeing a car barreling towards them, causing them to get hit. In that last moment of seeing the car, they summon Person B, who just got there in time to see them get hit. Now Person A is in a coma and Person B, who barely knows who this person is, is begging them to stay alive so they can meet properly.
- It’s Person B’s first day of high school, but they end up getting picked on and bullied, which continues through out the school year. One day, Person B ends up locked in the janitor’s closet. In a panicked state, they end up teleporting Person A to them, just for the two of them to both get stuck in the closet overnight.
- It’s Person A’s wedding day, except their fiance/fiancee is being an utter jerk to them, and suddenly Person A is not feeling much love towards this person at all. Once they are at the alter, all Person A wants is to not get married and just leave. That’s when Person B gets teleported, popping up at the alter eating a taco or something in less than casual clothes, wondering what is going on.