This playlist tells the story of K/S after the five year mission all the way up to the end of TMP. I chose the songs based on the lyrics. They’re all in sequential order. :D
01. Pink - Just Give Me a Reason Calm waters become stormy. Jim senses there’s something wrong with Spock which is affecting their relationship, but he can’t get an answer from him. The harder Jim tries to identify the issue, the more reserved Spock becomes. Even without fully understanding what’s happening, Jim tries to convince Spock that their relationship is worth fighting for.
02. Billy Joel - And So It Goes Spock nearly fully withdraws from all contact outside of his duty, despite all of Jim’s efforts. Jim wonders if Spock is thinking of breaking it off, but that couldn’t happen because what they have is too perfect…
03. Phil Collins - Against All Odds …….Spock actually left Jim to pursue Kolinahr. </3 His deep love for Jim convinced him that he was shaming his Vulcan heritage, so he set off to purge it in the only way that could possibly work…
04. David Gray - Sail Away Depressed and feeling alone, Jim tries to drown himself in his work behind a desk on Earth. It doesn’t help.
05. Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody Even after 2.8 years, the wound is still fresh. Jim is disgusted with himself when he thinks about how he still loves Spock. He wonders if he’ll ever see him again, if only to receive closure so he can move on.
06. Roy Orbison - Coming Home Spock fails his Kolinahr test and leaves to meet up with the Enterprise to assist with the V'Ger crisis.
07. Dido - White Flag Spock appears on the bridge, seeing Jim for the first time in years. He schools his expression to remain neutral and unaffected but, deep down, he can’t quell the desire to reach out and touch him. Instead, he disappears into the lift. It would do no good. It’s not logical for Jim to still love him…. even though love was written all over his face when their eyes met.
08. Roy Orbison - Crying Jim calls Spock to meet with him and McCoy in the officer’s lounge. Tension hangs in the air like thick fog because of the things left unsaid that desperately need to be spoken. Spock remains cold. Jim remains silent. They return to their stations just like this.
09. Daughtry - What About Now? This. simple. feeling. The scene.
10. Christina Perri - A Thousand Years With the crisis over, Jim falls into Spock’s arms in his quarters and they just hold each other tightly. They don’t move for several minutes in a silent homage to the years they both completely wasted running from each other. No more. That night, they’ll decide to form a bond which will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Okay so after Ragnar became earl in season 1 he started wearing a new arm ring right
which should look familiar because
But this isn’t a case of Ragnar having a matching or similar arm ring made for Athelstan, as I had always kind of assumed had been the case because ngl I didn’t pay attention to how often Ragnar’s had changed, but in early season 2 he is already wearing a different one…
Anyways if you pay attention you’ll notice most of the characters all wear slightly different ones, so it would have made more sense for Ragnar to have a completely unique one created for Athelstan if he’d had one made especially for him buttttt I don’t think that’s what happened and it is now my officially accepted head canon that the arm ring Ragnar gave to Athelstan in 2x02 is in fact his old one and I just???? Am I super late to the party here or???? Because this just adds so many more layers to the significance of it and I can’t deal…
And now I can’t stop thinking about the beautiful symmetry of Athelstan walking around wearing a piece of Ragnar’s old jewelry for the longest time, and then years later Ragnar finding himself in mourning and wearing a piece of Athelstan’s jewelry as a result… and I’m gonna go weep now bye.