This book is not only theory based but also practical. It is also packed with many powerful scales along with breathing techniques which will aid you to ‘sing in style.’ This book has also has been written in such a way that you can monitor your progress as you work through each exercise. Singing lessons can be expensive. Within this book it will teach you all the skills that you should expect from a vocal coach. This book contains dual tuition, while you are learning to sing; you will also be taught how to play basic piano to accompany your voice!
This publication also comes with clear illustrated pictures which you can follow in order to aid understanding and guidance. It covers many areas from:
· Vocal health and food to avoid.
· Singing audition preparation and how to avoid the pitfalls.
· Comprehensive breathing and diaphragm techniques
· Powerful scales which will create a forceful voice
i teach guitar, singing, and songwriting lessons! :-)
i have a few students that i’ve met off of tumblr and a few have been taking lessons with me for over a year now. i like to create a fun and relaxing environment in my home in la mirada to work on music with anyone who is interesting in learning guitar, voice, or songwriting. it’s been a really fun experience for the students i have so far and i am looking to expand and teach more people! no prior experience nessecary, and if you do, that’s awesome! i don’t charge much– only $20 per half hour and $30 for a full hour of learning and jamming. please send me a message or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested! :~)
“I used to have singing lessons where I’d learn mostly Disney songs and then sing them for competitions. I quit the lessons a while ago because I wanted to be more "mature” but I regret doing so because now I have no one to teach me songs and no stage to sing Disney on. I feel like I threw out a part of me that I still need"
On a lip roll- work through a comfortable octave of your voice start of the lower note and slide up to the highest and back down again while rolling your lips (like you may do to make a silly noise at a baby or if you were cold or mimicking a horse). This will loosen your lips and warm your voice out without putting an strain on your vocal chords but using lots of air.
On a Ah – now start siren-ing with your mouth open and using your voice. Starting on the lowest note you can produce working up to the highest make an Ah sound and slide your voice up and down, like an emergency siren! Push your voice further with each siren, starting a little lower and going up a little higher until your siren in longer and covering your whole range.
On other vowel sounds – do the same as with the Ah but work through the other vowels sounds. E I O U. Do not focus too much on these just perhaps one siren per vowel to get your voice and jaw working a little.
On a ‘NG’ – this may seem a strange and difficult noise to make but it is great for making a nice smooth siren and achieving a nasal tone.
10 interesting things to do on YouTube when you’re bored
When netflix gets boring, it’s raining, your friends are working and like me you have 4 months of summer vacation from school/university/college you need stuff to do. I was messing around on youtube and found 10 cool things to teach yourself when you’re bored.
1. Learn vocal riffs, runs and trills - with vocal coach Ginger Salem, there are lots of exercises and cool vocal tricks so this will provide hours of entertainment and it’s easier to do than you think! She has lots more tutorials for other singing tips so her channel is a must!
2. Learn the cup song from Pitch Perfect - This is the video i used to teach myself the cup song. It’s tricky but so satisfying when you nail it and even better when you can do the cup song and sing the words too!
6. How to cut your own bangs- whether you want to cut some in or just a trim! I do 100% recommend investing in hair dressing scissors, they are £15 from a drug store but they give you such a better finish!
7. 30 minute full body workout- If you can keep yourself motivated these youtube work out videos will save you a small fortune on gym memberships- just make sure to give yourself plenty of room!
I used to be part of the choir back in England, and believe it or not I was one of the top girls back at home but once I moved to the States and heard all the amazing voices around me, I stopped singing.
But now I’m wanting to get back into it, however I’ve forgotten all the breathing techniques and everything else that goes with it.
I was going to take a Musical Theatre Voice class in the Spring but I don’t have time for it but hopefully/maybe next year.
Oh my god! So I watched this video today (It’s like the one where Harry gets singing lessons) and I was like ‘Hey isn’t there a gif of this floating around on tumblr somewhere….’ and I found it on my dash!!!! His Jack Wills hoodie… something we’d all love to own.