This recipe is inspired by the exactly how I have been feeling this weekend. Wanderlust Festival 2012 has been an incredible experience so far and the day has only just begun.
Today I will be continuing my practice with Eoin Finn and doing an Awareness Hike with Clara Roberts-Oss so I was sure to once again make a grounding breakfast this time using quinoa (recipe to come).
For my mid-morning snack, I created these beautiful summer berry stuffed crepes to provide some extra energy after this mornings deeply releasing class. These crepes are using what I believe, are the last of the juiciest local, organic summer berries that BC has to offer and boy are the sweeeeeet!!
8 Organic Free-Range Egg Whites (¾ Cup Organic Egg Replacer)
½ Scoop Sun Warrior Protein Powder
¼ Cup White Canelli Beans
½ Tbsp Flax Seeds
1 Tsp Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (divided)
7g Unsweetened Coconut
11/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
½ Cup Organic Blueberries
1/8 Cup Organic Blackberries (I used freshly picked berries)
¼ Cup Organic Raspberries
¼ Cup Organic Strawberries
3-4 Organic Cherries
1 Tbsp Natural Berry Jam Of Your Choice (I use Raspberry)
½ Cup Organic Greek Yogurt OR ½ Cup Organic Cottage Cheese (fat free) OPTIONAL (I use a ¼ Cup combination of both)
5-10 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia (or stevia/sweetener of your choice) OR 1 Tsp Raw Honey
**For dairy-free version, omit yogurt and substitute for ¼ cup coconut milk + 1 Tbsp brown rice flour + ¼ Tsp corn starch + 5-10 drops vanilla creme stevia (stir together and set aside)
1. In a food processor or magic bullet, blend all ingredients for crepes except coconut oil and coconut flakes
2. Heat skillet with ½ Tbsp coconut oil and pour ½ of the mixture onto the pan. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until tiny bubbles appear and edges become slightly browned. Then flip.
3. Meanwhile, stir Greek Yogurt OR Cottage Cheese (or a combination of both) and/or vegan version with vanilla stevia/honey or sweetener
4. Repeat instructions to prepare second crepe and once the first is cooked, plate and then spread ½ of the yogurt mixture evenly over the crepe, sprinkle with coconut flakes and add ½ Tbsp jam of your choice and ½ fresh fruit. Roll the crepe
5. Repeat above step with the second crepe.
6. Sprinkle remaining coconut flakes over the crepes and top with maple syrup. Serve warm.