1, 6, 23, 24, and 30 for wondertrev please!!!!!!!
Omg @justpond–eringtheuniverse thank you so much for doing this OTP question meme with me. You
have no idea how stoked I am. I love Wondertrev so much my heart could
implode and I have so much to say about them! Please bear
with me as this is going to be one hell of a long post and I apologise in advance for the overwhelming length.
The following answers are based on my head-canon, in which Steve somehow was resurrected and returned to Diana as an immortal (perhaps as a gift from the powers that be), soon after the explosion and defeat of Ares in 1918, and they have been living blissfully ever after.
I must emphasise the fact that I love fanfics that have Steve resurrected and become immortal in the 21st century as much as the next Wondertrev shipper, given the interesting role reversal and the fish-out-of-water situations that have Steve attempt to adjust to modern technology, but my heart aches whenever I try to imagine how excruciating and disheartening it must have been for Diana to live through a century without Steve. Alas, here we go:
1. Who is the most affectionate?
They are both passionate about each other but their upbringings make them manifest their love and passion very differently. She may seem reserved to others (with the exception of her original friends like Etta and the guys) but Diana is never one to hide her emotions and perpetually deep affection for Steve, in private or in public - she speaks her mind and put her words and thoughts into action, praising, complimenting, kissing, hugging, caressing and touching him whenever possible. Canonically speaking, in the movie, Diana was the one to hold his hand first and she made it clear that she wanted him to stay in her room in the inn in Veld and she even initiated the kiss. She is unfazed by the societal expectations, norms, customs and traditions of Man’s world which were holding Steve back occasionally. I like to think he is just as affectionate (and he certainly loves her as much) but he was also brought up as a gentleman and born in 1880s after all. At first he wasn’t too accustomed to public display of affection beyond hand holding, cupping Diana’s face, touching her hair and light kisses on her forehead or cheeks but eventually he became bolder and more relaxed in public with her, as they cherished every opportunity to be affectionate to their other half, especially after almost losing each other forever that night in the airfield in Belgium in 1918 and the societal standards changed gradually over the century they have been living in as a couple. It also had something to do with how Diana was rubbing off on him with her Amazonian ways. Steve is also the one to shower Diana with surprises whenever possible and mostly something non-materialistic as he knows well enough the preferences of his goddess. At home or in private they are very on par and in sync in terms of affection, although Diana would be more verbal about everything and Steve tries his best to catch up. They just love each other with every fiber of their being.
6. What is their favourite feature of their partner’s?
Diana’s favourite feature(s) of Steve would definitely be his mesmerising and bright cerulean eyes which remind her of the tranquillising blue waters of Themyscira. A close second would be his ash blonde hair (and he’s been keeping the same haircut from 1918 to 2018, as it never goes out of style), followed by his physique. She is just so pleased with his well above-average overall physical appearance and vigour and there is nothing she would find undesirable. To Steve, Diana is his angel (and actual goddess and salvation) and his love for her is a combination of utmost respect, devotion, admiration, affection, adoration and romantic attraction, thus to him she is simply perfect in every sense and it may be hard to pinpoint a feature but if one must ask he would say her eyes can reach one’s soul and her lips hold all the truths in the universe and he would never get tired of savouring her ethereal beauty.
23. Who comes up with cheesy pickup lines?
Gotta hand this one to Steve. His dry and sometimes cheesy humour is incredibly endearing to Diana and when the pickup lines are embarrassing he blushes so hard and Diana would first chuckle and then kiss him. Every now and then she turns the table on him and be the one to say them and for him it is always part hilarious and part enticing. Both of them can be goofy at times and they always end up laughing at the lines together lightheartedly.
24. Who whispers inappropriate things in the other’s ear during inappropriate times?
Both, although Diana instigated this. In the beginning, she didn’t even realise these things and circumstances are inappropriate because they seemed normal on Themyscira. It certainly had him very flustered and made it difficult for him to keep his composure when she first did that. Eventually Steve was emboldened and she knew he could handle this and they frequently do this to each other.
30. One headcanon about this OTP that mends it
This is by far the best question and I could talk about it all day. And if I were a better writer I would turn this into a fic (I actually tried and am still too ashamed to publish it, seeing there are so many brilliant pieces already, or perhaps I will, when I finally have mustered up enough courage to do so). Humour me, yeah?
Essentially, the major headcanon - shortly after blowing up the German bomber plane with himself in it, in Belgium, 1918, Steve was resurrected and returned to Diana as an immortal and they have been living blissfully ever after - encapsulates numerous minor headcanons:
1918 to 1940s:
- a month into their reunion, Steve proposed to Diana and she
immediately said yes; marriage might have been a foreign concept to her
at first but after having been through so much in terms of life and
death, they couldn’t and wouldn’t be separated again, and matrimony
became very justified ; they wanted to hold, cherish and love each other
more than anything and they intended to spend the rest of their
eternal(!) lives together
- Diana and Steve had a simple yet blissful wedding ceremony at the
City Hall, attended by Steve’s only and elder sister Tracy, Etta,
Charlie, Sameer and the Chief and their family members (Steve’s parents
passed away before he joined the US Army)
- Steve was in his US Army military uniform and he was stunned by the
breathtaking sight of Diana when she entered the room, escorted by Etta
and Tracy; she wore an airy sleeveless and low-cut white silk wedding
gown that made her resemble the Greek marble statues and he was lovesick
and his eyes glistened with joyful tears and he grinned so hard his
cheeks stiffened, meanwhile she was blushing and smiling like he was the
most precious being in the universe
- They were now Steve and Diana Prince-Trevor; Diana thought she liked
the sound of Mrs Trevor, there was a nice ring to it, however, out of
respect, Steve said it was up to her to keep the surname he crafted for
her, and they decided on hyphenating them
- British Intelligence learnt of Steve’s immortality and his profile
became top secret; due to his physical advantage over other officers and
criminals, he was assigned special ops and high-risk rescue missions,
much to Diana’s dismay (”Steve, you are not invincible, you could still
get hurt,” sighed Diana), but Steve wanted to help more people, so he
assured her that he would take proper care of himself and if she wanted
to help him he was more than content to have her by his side; British
Intelligence obviously knew about Diana and her identity as Wonder Woman
by now and they condoned this
- Diana received a degree in ancient art history and archeology from Oxford, completing the courses in less than 3 years, which wasn’t surprising to Steve at all; she speaks hundreds of languages and has an eidetic memory, for starters, and she went on to become a curator of the British Museum
1940s to 1970s:
- They fought side by side during WWII and helped the allies
tremendously in liberating concentration camps, pushing the frontlines
and gathering strategic intel
- After the war, Steve resumed his secret missions for British Intelligence and Diana also joined SIS, as her colleagues at the British Museum began to show concern for, if not suspect, her apparent lack of aging; the SIS continued to provide them with identifications that could avoid suspicion pertaining to their condition
- They visited Tracy and her family every now and then; she kept the
questions about his peculiarly youthful appearance to herself and Steve
was more than grateful for her understanding and she passed on at the
age of 70; her children were curious about their uncle’s secret too but
knew better not to ask
- They maintained their close friendships with Etta, Sameer, Charlie
and the Chief over the years, up until their passing, either due to old
age or illness; afterwards, Diana and Steve had a sabbatical and
travelled the world for several years, their wealth accumulated over the
years kept them comfortable
1980s to present:
- After their sabbatical, they parted with British Intelligence to
relocate to the US, and there they joined the CIA (the Agency knew
about Steve and Diana and their work from top-secret joint missions with
the SIS); they were living in the States only every now and then as
their operations required frequent worldwide travels; a decade or so
later Steve requested a transfer to a command and strategic position
based in the US as Diana became a curator for the Smithsonian
- Another decade later, Justice League was formed, and Steve has been
leading US government’s ARGUS since; Diana is Head of Antiquities at
Louvre when she isn’t busy saving the world as Wonder Woman
- 100 years later Diana and Steve are still living happily ever after and saving the world together
Throughout the years:
- They tried out various flavours and types of ice cream in countries
they visited but Diana’s favourite is always the homemade ones Steve
concocts for her
- So is breakfast, they certainly sampled numerous and miscellaneous kinds during their globetrotting travels, yet she always favours the Trevor special, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrown, baked beans and toast always all cooked just right and impeccable, prepared before she wakes up and served in a tray to be enjoyed in bed, and always followed by cuddling
- Steve’s missions always require him to pilot airplanes; despite knowing he is immortal, Diana still gets worried (but she doesn’t make a fuss about it and Steve really appreciates that)
- Diana and Steve didn’t always just work for the government, they make their
best effort to save people outside of the bureaus’ jurisdictions whenever
- Steve’s father’s watch is kept in a safe for preservation; Steve and Diana have been wearing matching watches (besides always wearing matching couple outfits, much to the amusement of their friends and acquaintances)
- They rarely argue, let alone fight, and if they did they reconcile soon after (Steve is always patient and understanding and Diana is very compassionate and caring)
- Diana is amused when she realised Steve actually needs glasses (despite his excellent marksmanship) and she chose pairs of them for him; although Steve started wearing contact lens once they were commercialised, he still wears glasses from time to time (think Chris Pine wearing glasses, *wink wink*)
- Steve is polylingual (English, French, German, Dutch, Danish and Swedish) and Diana is always there to teach him other languages, either for professional or personal/recreational purposes
- They always make time for vacation
- They visit Themyscira every 3 years (except during WWII)
- When they are at home they always find time to sway to some slow and soothing music