Rules: List 5 OTPs from 5 fandoms, then tag 10 people to pass it on.
@the-cryptographer tagged me for this, and since I always love talking about my ships, I’ll gladly partake.
1. Polarshipping: OMG, what can I say - they might be my most consistent ship of them all. I’ve already talked about why I like them so often, this might sound repetitive^^” I like the dynamic between them, and how they balance each other out. Jou is just very open and straight-forward about liking her (until it actually gets serious and he panics). Mai on the other hand, is this older and worldly person who thought that nothing could throw her - until this dofus comes along. They start out at opposite ends of the spectrum, with Mai being independent to the point of isolation, whereas Jou has this really tight support system that sometimes tends to hold him back. They get to know, and to help each other, by venturing out of their respective comfort zone. The result is a somewhat shaky but deeply caring and passionate relationship. For further gushing/headcanons/fanart, see my polarshipping-tag. :-)
2. Cangel Probably my oldest OTP (after Spuffy fell through on account of careful-what-you-wish-for) - Cordelia Chase and Angel from the latter’s own BTVS-spinoff. They’d be the classic combination of The Bubbly and The Broody - except they both already come with a history from the original show. Cordelia IS the heart of Angel Investigations, but at the same time retains some of the snark and the sassyness she was notorious for in high school. Angel, on the other hand is still rather reclusive and tends to brood about things rather than share, but over time, he inevitably learns to get along and work with other people, and to fit in with them. And Cordy is a big part of that development. She knows about Angel’s history (with Buffy) so she gets some of his quirks without having to be filled in. On the other hand she doesn’t let him stew in his self-pity but has the guts to drag him out of it. She grounds him and brings him closer to humanity, without all the drama that went on between him and Buffy. Angel, and the work she does for him grounds Cordy too, but in a different way. She learns to genuinly care about other people, and become a champion in their own right. All of this sounds very heavy, but ironically there is a lightness that was never there in Angel’s relationship with Buffy because of the star-crossed lovers approach. Angel und Cordy are friends first and foremost, they have inside jokes, they argue and they help each other through the craziness that is their daily feat. And then… season 4 rolled along, and everything went to shit. I’m still not over this and probably never will be. Cordy got a beautiful closure episode later on, but overall, I’ll be forever bitter about what was done to her character and legacy ;___;
3. SwanQueen As cryptographer has already guessed, I have much love for this ship in spite of the trainwreck Once Upon A Time has become by now. Emma and Regina are the biological and adopted mother of the same child, and apart from being fairytale adversaries (The Saviour and The Evil Queen), their dynamic mostly stems from being forced to co-parent and from gradually growing to accept one another and then become friends to the point of major sacrifices and grand gestures (rescuing/helping/coming through for one another, self-sacrifices, compromising one’s own happiness…). If they were of opposite sex, they’d be a couple by now, I’m sure. As it is, they both have (had) eyecandy boyfriends that fool no one, while making killer magic happen together. But of course, they’re only gal pals… <__>I’m very doubtful about Swendgame by this point, but the next example shows that it’s never too late to hope.</__>
4. Korrasami The first confirmed homosexual f/f couple in a western animated show aimed at children? I’m pretty sure… They only sailed at the end of the very last episode, but in this case I can see Bryke’s point about being restrained by the network and it’s inhibitions about the target demographic. Nonetheless, it was well-hinted, transitioned beautifully from platonic friends (and rivals), to a deep connection, to blossoming romance. Also, it was a very satisfactory up-yours to love un-triangles and their usual resolve. I’m really looking forward to the post-series comics and seeing these ladies kick ass as a couple! :-)
5. Sarah/Chuck(/Casey) Charah are already my OTP since the first time I binged CHUCK. Recently I have kinda started shipping this as a triad and I’m blaming cryptographer and improfem for this entirely by infecting me with poly ships. Sarah and Casey as Chuck’s handlers form a very tight support system with him, but also with each other. They are both spys and share many similar experiences and outlooks on things. This makes their gruding respect-turned-budding friendship one of my favourite things on the show. Still, they deal with different complications and moral questions differently. Sarah is pragmatic and very guarded with her emotions. Nonetheless, she deals with Chuck better on an emotionally level, being more patient with his freak-outs about being an intellegence asset, but at the same time fussing over him. Casey is older, and as such, more hardened and emotionally stunted as an agent than Sarah. He takes time (a lot of it!) to warm to Chuck, but once he does, is fiercely protective of him. On the other hand, he also challenges Chuck to leave his comfort zone, first by openly doubting him (and being very vocal about it), and later by pushing him towards reaching his full potential as an agent. Chuck, meanwhile, becomes Sarah’s and Casey’s moral and human anchor. He is increasingly involved in their secret life, but also trapped in the mindset of a civilian who never wanted any of this. As a family person, he is concerned with their mental well-being and kinda adopts them into his support system, providing them with the concept of a home. They are such a cute example of found family in how they always have each other’s backs and growing close with each other and the people around them
So, I just rewatched AtS and I’ve read probably twenty fics (of which 2 were good) and I am seriously craving some more good fics. If anyone that’s been in the fandom longer or knows of any really good fics, please feel free to recommend them and I will love you forever and ever.
I HAVE SO MANY ANGEL/CORDY FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sjbasashgajnjkashjbv all the scenes of the last episodes akjsbasgvag HOW WORRIED HE WAS WHEN SHE WAS TRAPPED IN THE WORLD OF LORNE NASJBAHV “It’s Cordy” LIKE THERE’S NO OTHER EXPLANATION POSSIBLE, IT’S HIS GIRL AND THAT’S IT
Also in the season finale when Cordy said “I love him” referring to that Groo guy and he was all hurt like BUT NOT ME?!
AND AND IN 3x01 WHEN HE GOT BACK THE HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEIR SMILES THEIR FACES I CANNOT AND ALL THE MOMENTS THROUGH THE EPISODE, HOW THEY WERE HOLDING EACH OTHER ALL THE TIME *_____*
AND IN 3x02 HE WAS ALL WORRIED ABOUT HER AND HE GOES TO THIS DEMON DIMENSION KNOWING HE COULD DIE JUST TO SAVE HER ABSAHVJASHAV AND SHE WANTED TO KEEP THE VISIONS CAUSE SHE THOUGHT HE WOULDN’T NEED HER ANYMORE BUT HE NEEDS HER SO MUCH JUST BECAUSE WHO SHE IS AND WHAT SHE MEANS TO HIM <33333333333
ALSO “Don’t you come at me through Cordelia ever again. You play that card a second time, and I’ll kill you” IF THAT’S NOT LOVE IDK WHAT IT IS TBQH
AND THE ENDING SCENE THEM TOGETHER SMILING AT EACH OTHER AND EATING AND CORDY SAYING “Angel, what you did for me was incredibly brave, and selfless and amazing” AND HIS SMILE AND HER SMILE AND THEY’RE KILLING ME MOTHERFUCKING SHIP YOU ARE SO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER IT PHISICALLY HURTS