WRITING RESOURSES: SOME CHARACTERIZATION THOUGHTS FOR CHARACTERIZING YOUR CHARACTER
1. what color are your character’s underpants? if your character doesn’t wear underpants, when and why did they turn away from the light of the lord?
2. how does your character’s “that one uncle” feel about the federal reserve?
3. as your character, write a myspace blog entry from 2006
4. what kind of fucked up old person medicine did your character’s grandma always give them instead of candy?
5. is your character a cat person or a dog person or just a regular normal human person?
6. how does your character react to farts? from friends? from strangers? from their own butts?
7. how would your character react if, while they were going through some old photos in a beautiful album in the attic, they found a picture of somebody in a medieval plague doctor mask with a HUMONGOUS boner? somebody with the same belly button tattoo as their dad???
8. celeb crush!!! (1499-1999 celebs only)
9. using the formula 1ST PET’S NAME+3RD STREET LIVED ON+FAVORITE MEAT, what is your character’s soap opera name and favorite meat?
10. freewrite: 500 words on the confrontation between your character and the lady at red lobster who questioned their right to jam 8 cheddar bay biscuits in their pockets for later