Why do you you like Diomedes and Odysseus so much? (Please be very detailed, I'm really interested in this ship!)
oh man i took FOREVER to reply to this, i needed time to prepare myself for talking about these two.
- they drowned a guy on their first date
- they make each other worse. on their own, diomedes is pretty chill and odysseus isn’t the worst, but together they kill dozens and loot their bodies
- they’re both favorites of athena, my fav goddess
- they make a damn good team. together, they found achilles, killed the king of thrace and stole his horses, stole the palladium, and got pyrrhus and philoctetes. they get shit done.
- i really love characters that are kinda awful and these two definitely fit the bill
- the end of book 10 of the iliad, because they literally take a bath together and then get dinner, which would be cuter if they hadn’t just killed a dozens guys
- they’re both really smart and i love smart characters being smart at each other
- all of the vases with them is HILARIOUS
- they are literally burning together in hell according to dante, how could you not ship them???
- usually diomedes has a pretty firm moral compass, but he throws that out when he hangs out with odysseus
- they really seem to think highly of each other and like working together
- diomedes is probably shorter than odysseus
- please imagine penelope and diomedes making fun of odysseus together
- basically, they’re terrible and i love them