1. Your attitude dictates your experience, so start finding things to get psyched about.
2. Stock up on healthy snacks in your house!!! You’ll be glad you did when the study-munchies roll around (and they always do).
3. Invest in a good planner.Especially if you take part in multiple extra-curriculars, I can’t stress how helpful it is having a place to check back on deadlines and big events.
4. Write down all your teachers’ names and emails as soon as you get them, so you’re not searching for them when you’re absent.
5. No one is having as much fun as their snapchat story makes it seem.
6. Don’t believe what your peers tell you about tests they take before you, study how much YOU need to.
7. Be nice to your math teacher. Partial credit on math problems might save your grade.
8. Don’t throw out syllabuses/first day handouts!!!! Theres a good chance they have information on the late policy and a gazillion other helpful things.
9. In fact, try to hold on to as many papers as you can for when finals inevitably attack.
10. No one knows you wore those jeans yesterday.
11. Be conscious of how you smell. Don’t be B.O. kid, but also try not to suffocate your lab partner with the scent of artificial fruit/flowers.
12. That cookie in the cafeteria is probably not worth 95 cents. Pack snacks from home to resist overpriced school treats.
13. If you’re carrying around a travel mug of coffee, people will usually leave you alone.
14. Don’t spend more time planning your study schedule than actually studying. Just get your books out and do it.
15. Never underestimate the amount of motivation you can get from watching Legally Blonde (movie or musical).
16. Try to attend at least one school sporting event per season, even if thats not really your scene. Some teachers even offer extra credit for going to big games!
17. Don’t be that kid that asks the teacher when you’re getting your tests back. They have like a gazillion to grade. You’ll get them when they’re done.
18. Have a pump-up playlist for the ride to school and the walk to your first class. Nothing feels more badass than walking through crowded hallways while listening to Halsey’s “New Americana”.
19. Set up a back-up study zone for when you need a change of pace.
20. Don’t put off creative projects because you think they’ll be less time consuming. There’s nothing worse than glitter gluing a scale model of the U.S. Senate at 3 AM because you thought it would be quick and easy.
21. That extra 10 minutes of sleep is not worth the risk of oversleeping completely. Get up, splash your face with some cold water, and get this show on the road.
22. Find a school inspiration, whether it be a really hardworking friend or a studyblr you follow. Check their progress whenever you need motivation.
23. If someone only ever talks to you when they need to copy the homework, they’re using. Don’t indulge them.
24. Doing your own work is so SO important. Plagiarism can destroy careers.
25. Creative outlets can be so refreshing, like a diary, a private tumblr, a sketchbook, whatever floats your boat.
26. When all else fails, remember how lucky you are to be getting an education. School isn’t a punishment, its an opportunity for you to create a kick-ass foundation for the rest of your life.
171001 // sunday is weekly spread day 😊 I like to use the sunday for one or two hours for myself where I sit down with a drink to just work on my journal. A weekly spread gives me an overview of my upcoming tasks and goals which relaxes my mind.
When is your journaling-time?😘
《29042017 • Last Week of April spread • 🎧 : Wine - Suran》
I haven’t posted a new bullet journal spread in a while. So here’s this week’s spread. I’m very happy with how this turned out. It was inspired by @holylantern and spirited away. I’ll possibly do a my neighbour totoro spread in the future :’)
I finally got around to taking pictures of my desk to post!
I never had a desk in high school, so purchasing this one over the summer was honestly like a dream. I hunted for the perfect decorations and printables and organizers all summer, and I’m so happy with how it turned out!
I did a simple spread for once??? Well, as simple as my spreads can get. Also it was such a struggle deciding who to dedicate my spread to, when my bias’ birthday is the day after mine and BTS’ anniversary is the day before :’)) [open for better quality pics xx]