6 things i stopped buying: minimalism journey (+ reduce waste)
1. Makeup Remover Wipes: instead, use a washcloth (preferably black) and apply coconut oil or almond oil to the cloth (or face), then use the cloth to wipe your entire makeup off until satisfied. *(continue with face wash routine or face mask)
benefits: reusable // machine washable // save money // gentle on the skin // effectively removes makeup
2. Plastic Toothbrushes: instead, buy a pack of bamboo toothbrushes on amazon or a general store. use these brushes as you would any other brush and thoroughly brush to improve oral health.
3. Multi-Step Facial Cleansers & Name Brand Body Washes: instead, use African Black soap for both your body and face with your preferred method of washing (electronic brush, hands, or wash cloth). for more simple face washes, consider using vegan and/or organic facial washes that work for your skin type.
benefits: multipurpose // improves overall skin health // all skin types (especially acne prone or oily) // single-step process // organic // save money
4. Plastic Water Bottles: instead, use a simple stainless steel bottle that you can refill throughout the day and keep up with.
benefits: reusable // washable // aesthetic // easy to monitor and handle // eco-friendly
5. Face Moisturizers: instead, use carrier oils (such as coconut oil, argan oil, almond oil, castor oil) that work with your skin type/skin needs *(you can try combining them with essential oils such as tea tree oil, lavender oil, etc.)
benefits: organic // improves skin health // no harsh chemicals // save money // longer lasting // multipurpose
6. Animal Cruelty Makeup: instead, buy makeup products that you truly need (wear daily)from companies that are Animal-Cruelty FREE and/or vegan. do your research and spend your money wisely. some may seem expensive, but consider how much some high-end brands benefit from not being animal-cruelty free *(invest in vegan and/or organic products too).
I would reccomend this if you enjoy the smell of roses. The scrub not only smells great but it’s super cute. I love using this scrub before a day out in the sun or even a night out. The baby oil makes your skin so soft and there is a light fragrance of roses. I prefer using brown sugar instead of white simply because the brown sugar serves as a better scrubbing agent. White will do just fine, it will simply be less coarse against the skin. Dig en and enjoy!
What you’ll need:
• Rose petals from 2-3 roses
• 1 cup of sugar (Brown or White)
• 15ml baby oil or coconut oil
• A blender or food processor
•A jar to place the scrub in
Pour all the ingredients into the food processor and blend. Continue doing so until the ingredients are mixed well. Spoon the scrub into a jar and enjoy a rosy heaven.
While using avocado directly on the face is a popular natural beauty treatment, many people have found that just eating avocado regularly can
do wonders for their complexion. Avocados are rich in healthy fatty
acids, vitamins and antioxidants that can improve your skin from the
Here’s one of our favorite recipes: Creamy Avocado Pasta, Yum!
Avocados add a silky consistency and cheese-like richness to this dairy-free pesto recipe. Ready in only 15 minutes!
Ingredients • 1 large bunch fresh basil • 2 ripe avocados • ½ cup walnuts or hemp seeds • 2 tablespoons lemon juice • 3 cloves garlic • ½ teaspoon fine sea salt • ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil • Ground pepper to taste
Strip basil leaves from the stems and add to a food processor along
with avocados, walnuts (or hemp seeds), lemon juice, garlic and salt;
pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and process to form a thick paste.
Season with pepper and toss in pasta. Enjoy!
Keeping your face clean is very important if you want your blackheads to disappear or to prevent pimples from popping up now and then. A clean face is also crucial if you want your makeup to look neat and fresh. Flaky skin appear even more flaky if you put foundation over it. That’s why you should wash your face every day to get rid of dead skin cells and other impurities! I only use items that are locally produced (if possible) an only items that you can find in any grocery store or pharmacy!
In the morning!
1.Cleanser. To clean my face, I use crystallized honey. One tablespoon is more than enough! The honey I use is rather thick, so I always wet my face with water before I rub it on my skin. But why honey then? Honey is naturally antibacterial, which helps to reduce and prevent skin problems. It’s important to use a honey that has sugar crystals, because the sugar acts as an exfoliator to help remove impurities. Honey opens up the pores, which makes it easier for the crystals to do its job. It’s also full of antioxidants which slows down the aging process. Further benefits to clean your face with honey is that it moisturizes, leaves the face radiant and smelling great!
2. Toner. The reason to use a toner is to balance the pH level of your skin, which gives the skin a more smooth appearance. It also removes any further impurities, and reduces the size of pores. I have my own special toner recipe that does wonders to the skin:
½ of apple cider vinegar
½ of rosemary water
Boil a half of a deciliter/a fourth of a cup of water and add about a teaspoon of dried rosemary. Let it soak for 30 minutes and then filter the water into a bottle. Then add the same amount of vinegar. Store the bottle in a dry, cool place. The toner needs to be replaced after some time, or else it goes bad.
Both rosemary and apple cider vinegar reduces redness, prevents aging and does wonders for acne-prone skin. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to test the toner on the inside of your forearm before applying it to your face, so your face doesn’t swell up and explodes in an allergic reaction. Don’t worry about the smell of the vinegar, it disappears when it’s dried.
3.Moisturizer.Almond oil makes anyone’s skin as soft as a baby’s tushie. It’s packed with vitamins such as vitamin A, B, D and E which gives your skin that healthy glow. You might think that oils are only suitable for people with dry skin. But think again. Almond oil works for any skin type, even sensitive skin(with some exceptions of course. No product is bullet-proof. Don’t use this if you’re allergic to nuts!!!), because it doesn’t clog up the pores! It prevents aging, calms irritated skin, reduces dark circles and evens out the skin tone. I use 2-3 drops of the oil every morning, let it sit on my face while I eat breakfast and then just dab off any excess oil (usually not necessary!) before applying makeup. Oh, and don’t fear walking around smelling like marzipan (although marzipan smells great in my opinion), because it’s nearly scent-free!
In the evening!
1. Makeup remover. Almond oil dissolves even waterproof mascara and is great for the eyelashes! Apply a generous amount on your face, start working it in around the eyes at first. The continue with your face, massaging for a couple of minutes before wiping it off with a paper towel. Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Cleanser. Again, use your crystallized honey. Or make a facial scrub, what you’ll need is:
1 teaspoon of honey
1-2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal
a few drops of water
Mix it all together and scrub away! I use this scrub 1 to 2 times every week to remove any stubborn skin cells and filth. It’s the “facial spring-cleaning”!
Oatmeal is the wonder-child of cereals. It redeems any type of skin problem, it treats dry, oily, itchy and even aging skin! Love oatmeal, and it shall love you back!
3. Toner. Use the Apple cider vinegar-rosemary toner again. Radiant face? Cheeeeck!
4. Moisturizer. Apply a few drops of almond oil onto your face and neck again, and if you have dark circles, massage an extra drop of oil around your eyes every night before bed. Almond oil has lightening properties, so give this a couple of weeks, and you’re almost guaranteed to see a difference!
5. Pimple fighter. A dab of tea tree oil with a cotton swab on each red little sucker will make them squeal in agony and disappear off of your face faster than you can say synchronous diaphragmatic flutter. But be careful if you’ve never used it before, because it’s very strong and can cause allergic reactions etc. So try a teeny tiny drop of the oil on the inside of your forearm before you put it on your face. And don’t eat it. Because you’re not supposed to. And if you’re pregnant or breast-feeding, avoid using this.
So why should you use food instead of skin products in the hygiene section? 1. It’s much cheaper and lasts longer. I bought a new bottle of almond oil for about £7 in October, and it’s 2/3 full. 2. It’s nicer on the environment. No chemicals! 3. It’s nicer to you. No more rubbing chemicals on your delicate skin! Hope this helped you, and please, ask me if you have questions!
“Her favorite book is actually the story [Belle]’s going to live,” Lin-Manuel Miranda added. “So there’s this crazy bit of foreshadowing that’s happening, but it’s also that interrupting your thought to say how excited you are, is the kind of sophisticated, character-revealing lyric writing that [lyricist and Menken collaborator] Howard Ashman was so good at.”
aloe! i love her 💕 i use aloe every so often, usually when i have deep and inflamed acne because it reduces inflammation a lot. i’ve only ever used fresh aloe and i recommend it 110%! i know it can be difficult to find in many places, but i purchase aloe leaves (is that what they’re called?) from my local mexican supermarket. i just cut slices like the picture and use my fingers to get out the gel and spread it on my face. once it dries it tends to leave white residue, so i only apply it at night. one last thing, fresh aloe does have an unpleasant scent!
If you have been suffering from skin discolouration, this remedy will bring you great benefits. I discovered this amazing remedy while studying how to make natural skin care and let me tell you it works amazing. It may take a few weeks for you to see dramatic results but in the end it is safer and it works just as well as the over-the-counter creams.
The best thing about this remedy is that it is all natural and free from synthetic ingredients that may harm your skin. Most skin brightening products contains Mercury or Hydroquione which increase your chances of developing Cancer. My recipe is an all natural remedy that will help you remove any Acne Scars, Age Spots, Pregnancy scars or any other discolouration you might have.
This recipe is normally applied to face but it can also be used on the entire body to enhance and brighten one’s complexion.
ALMOND OIL (Almond oil is a bit expensive, therefore, Coconut oil is a good substitute) Almond oil and Coconut oil has strong moisturizing content which helps to keep your skin looking younger with its high moisture content. It also reduces the appearance of fine-lines and wrinkles while penetrating beneath the deep layers of your skin which helps to enhance skin’s volume and elasticity.
TURMERIC This is a natural skin lightener, which also helps in getting rid of acne and age spots. This is an ingredient commonly used by Indian and East African women.
YOGURT: Yogurt has strong moisturizing content that helps to fight aging and helps to soften skin naturally. Mix the ingredients together in a Jar. You may add a bit of lemon juice if you want to enhance the overall strength of the recipe. Exfoliate your skin with a gentle cleanser then apply the mixture to the affect areas. Let it remain on your face for 10-15 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. Use at least once a week for best results.