There's been a lot of solas negativity on my dash lately, so I was wondering if you'd balance it out with some positivity? A few thoughts on his character maybe, whatever you have time for
Here are some very positive canon facts about Solas from the game, pulled from the top of my head. Feel free to add more!
- When meeting Mother Giselle in the Hinterlands, Solas can be seen while using the flycam assisting some of the villagers hurt in the mage/templar conflict that occurred there.
- Cut dialogue of Solas calming the Inquisitor of a panic attack after the events at Therinfall Redoubt
- Solas comforts Cole, Blackwall and Iron Bull with their trauma in their banters.
- During a banter with Iron Bull, Solas expresses distaste at killing their enemies and remembers that each individual has a history and family.
- When finding the dead Inquisition soldiers at the Storm Coast, Solas will say in a regretful voice that their families will need to be informed.
- He wonders how Qunari get their shirts on
- He is respectful of the idea of the Maker, and admires the idea of a God that doesn’t interfere with its people (Cassandra banter)
- He coughs while in the Hissing Wastes and very politely excuses himself.
- There is some mythical ambient conversation that I have never gotten from Josephine that involves Solas being unshakably polite after a noble throws a glass of wine at him.
- The only time (afaik) he ever directly lies in the game is when he slips after Halamshiral and makes a comment about being at court. If the Inquisitor asks him when the fuck a wandering apostate was in court, he is forced to catch himself and lie, and it results in the only question you ask him that nets you disapproval points.