Identity of The High Priestess
Before the new season of Samurai Jack started, I rewatched the entire series so that it was fresh in my mind, and one thing really bothered me. In the episode ‘Four Seasons of Death’, Jack meets Spring (I’m not sure if that’s actually what her name is…). Her character bothers me the most of any because she clearly had malevolent intentions towards him, but her motivation is never known (although you can probably assume its to do with Aku) and when Jack realises that something is off with her, he fights her very briefly, and then she seems to disappear. But that’s the thing, she didn’t disappear. After Jack goes off, she’s still there watching him and she smiles in this sort of way like she knows something or she achieved something.
So I researched a little more into her character cause she was on my mind, and guess who voices her? GREY DELISLE. THE VERY SAME ACTOR WHO VOICES THE MOTHER OF THE DAUGHTERS OF AKU. Now, my theory is that Spring and the Mother of the Daughters of Aku are the SAME CHARACTER.
I think this because:
1) Wel,l same voice actor
2) Her motivations were never clear but she clearly wanted something
3) We’ve been seeing a lot of old faces and considering point 2, I reckon she’s gonna pop up
4) We haven’t seen the mother’s face
5) When Jack was with her he kept getting visions of Aku, now there could be several reasons for this but one of them could be that she aligned herself with Aku and something, maybe his instinct was telling him to get away.
6) When Ashi cleans off her burns, she dresses in a spring sort of attire
Now these are all kind of loose links (especially the last point) but I feel like Spring is important, and it’ll be interesting to see if she does come up again, whether to confirm my theory of not.
But if she does turn out to be the mother, then it could potentially confirm the ‘Jack is the real father of the Daughters of Aku’…