coffee shop au and/or bodyguard au !!!!!
!!!!!!!! bodyguard aus are my shit !!!!!!!!!!
- Steve’s the son of a presidential candidate and has a habit of not being able to keep his mouth shut and his temper down, especially not when his mother’s far right-wing opponent starts spewing sexist, misogynistic bullshit about her right in front of him. But, really, if you’d heard his speech you would’ve punched him just as hard.
- The piles of death threats quickly become too much - a few people even tried to attack their car while on the way to an event - and Sarah insists on hiring a bodyguard service.
- Bucky’s tired of all of these rich boy stunts, even if they pay the bills. When Natasha gives him his new assignment he has to focus on the number of zeros on the paycheck to stop himself from giving it to Sam instead. Another spoiled hothead, great.
- The first thing Bucky notices is that Steve is huge, two heads above his mother and twice as wide. The second thing he notices is the faint bruising that still surrounds his knuckles almost a week after the incident. He also notices just how perfectly angled his face is and how blue his eyes are but he brushes it off. Steve probably prides himself on his looks and Bucky won’t give him the satisfaction.
- Steve immediately dislikes Bucky. The slicked back hair, obnoxious ear piece, and crisp suit are bad enough but the dark sunglasses he never takes off are the cherry on the douchebag sundae.
- Things are tense between them. Steve tries his best to subtly get rid of Bucky at every opportunity and Bucky finds him in less than ten minutes without fail. Bucky is strict and doesn’t indulge Steve when he tries to strike up a conversation, only occasionally sharing something about himself.
- Sarah, tired of watching the unspoken conflict, gives Bucky the weekend off and throws a party on that same weekend, sending Bucky an invitation without telling Steve in hopes that they’ll like each other more in a non-professional setting.
- Steve almost drops his wine when he sees Bucky walk in sans suit and sunglasses. His black shirt is unbuttoned at the top, revealing a long neck, and the sleeves are tight around his biceps, stretching with his movements. His hair is tied back in a loose ponytail and a few strands of hair frame his face,exaggerating his cheekbones and making his eyes look even paler. His usual sour expression is replaced by an easy smirk and a genuine smile to the waiter offering him a drink. The smile tightens when he sees Steve but he nods in his direction and raises his glass before taking a sip.
- They end up standing together against the wall, sipping their drinks in awkward silence. Steve makes a crack about the senator’s very obvious toupee and Bucky busts out in surprised laughter. From there conversation flows (and so does the wine), still awkward in places but for once they’re being friendly to each other and as the night goes on each starts to think maybe the other isn’t so bad.
- Too much alcohol. That’s the only real explanation for why it is now the morning and Steve is naked in his bed, which wouldn’t normally be a problem except normally there isn’t a naked bodyguard next to him, snoring away into one of Steve’s pillows.
~Send me an au for my headcanons about it!~