what makes namjoonie one of the best leader of all kpop group???
FINALLY. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO ASK ME THIS. THANK YOU. Hahaha!
Also, brace yourself. Incoming long post!
(1) THE AMOUNT OF DEDICATION HE HAS. Kim Namjoon started out as an underground rapper, and got into BigHit to a group called B.P.B (former/original would-be BTS group), along with other rap members… he was mocked for this choice, as idols aren’t really acknowledged in the hiphop scene. Especially idol rappers.. which is now what he is. They were promised that the group will be full on rap, no dancing/singing. But then later on they were forced to learn how to dance. One by one the members left, but Namjoon stayed despite it all. (No, he absolutely didn’t know how to dance, but you’d be surprised at how much he can now) Could you imagine how much dedication that took to stay when you see your group members quit and leave you behind + you’re forced to do something you can’t do and wasn’t promised to you in the first place?
If I’m not mistaken, Namjoon was one of the original BTS (B.P.B) member left. Later on, Suga and J-Hope came in the company, followed by Jin, Jungkook, V, and Jimin. The BTS we now all know was formed this way.
He is always in the studio producing, producing, producing for the group. If not, he’s writing lyrics. Even the members admit, he almost never sleeps because he is always constantly working on their music.
As I mentioned before, he previously doesn’t have a dancing bone on his body… AT ALL.
But BTS is famous for their hard-hitting, tough choreographies… and after watching him for the past year, I’ve seen him improve so SO much in dancing.
Watch him on their dance practice to their Intro Performance (he’s the guy with the D shirt. Usually placed at the back for this very reason too) then watch him on I NEED U. I’m very proud of him for improving a lot within a short span of time.
/this may be because I really relate to him on this… I previously do not know how to dance at all, and now… I’m actually in a dance crew and I’m continuously improving myself with dancing.
He recently released a vlog saying his current thoughts about his solo mixtape that he finally released which was 7 years in the making, as well as working on the new BTS album. That alone shows how dedicated he really is.
(2) HIS LOYALTY TO BANGTAN. I have a feeling… that because he was left behind by some of his friends during his B.P.B days. Namjoon treasures his BTS members a whole lot. If you watch his episode on the 4Things Show, he was tested through a hidden camera by being offered by their CEO to go do a solo career. (That way, he can finally establish himself fully as a rapper) Not a split second passed, without hesitation he said he chooses to be in BTS.
I’ve seen a lot of times he showed how much he looks out for the rest of them. Although the members make fun of him a lot, I can see that they really look up to him (especially the maknae line), and he gives so much love back to them.
(3) HE’S NOT AFRAID TO SHOW HIS WEAKNESS/GIVE HIS HONEST THOUGHTS. (In a mature, and intellectual way)
He admitted to being hurt by how he was always mocked as an idol, artist, and as a person. He admitted he still lacked in many aspects, and suffered through a slump. He admitted to not knowing who he is and what he wanted to do. He also came into his own turning point about not giving a sh*t about what people say about him or what label him as anymore.
Please have a read through this previous post I made about Namjoon for a back story to that. (That was also first time this guy honestly moved me). He also relies his own thoughts through his lyrics and music. May it be talking about struggles, to talking about sex, to fighting for his right to vote. (lmao. yes that happened)
Even now, he shares his honest thoughts to us from time to time. (Through his personal vlogs, and some of his tweets)
(4) HE IS AN ACTUAL GENIUS. During his days as a student, he ranked top 1 in terms of school grades in the WHOLE FREAKING SOUTH KOREA.
He taught himself how to read, speak and write English fluently. A language Koreans generally have a hard time learning, let alone on their own. He can make up lyrics on the spot, just give him a few seconds and he’ll be able to deliver a rap immediately. An average intellectual person has an IQ of 95-105. Namjoon’s IQ level is 148.
(5) WITH THAT, HE IS AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT TOO. As much of a genius as he is, he is pretty much clumsy on other things. He’s named god of destruction because he always breaks/loses things without meaning to.
They say it’s because his mind is always contemplating about heavy thoughts, that he’s flimsy on the little things. Hahaha! Another charm of the dear leader.
(6) HE NEVER FORGETS TO STAY HUMBLE. I have met Bangtan in person, and Kim Namjoon stood out to me the most (at the time he wasn’t even my bias at all) because he gave me (and all the other fans) his absolute sincerity. I actually gave him a 90-degree bow during the hi-touch event (a gesture of high respect, because I sincerely wanted to specifically greet him that way), and he gave it right back to me… which actually surprised me a lot. Aside from that, along with all the Bangtan members, he never forgets to thank ARMYs regardless whether they win or lose on shows. Even on some of their vlogs in Youtube, you can sometimes see him casually busy at the back reading fan letters while the others are fooling around the camera.
Also, he has been rising in popularity lately, established himself in the U.S. and worked with American hip-hop artists Warren G, and Krizz Kaliko; released his solo mixtape, which was applauded by hiphop artists even outside South Korea, but he always always always never forgets to mention how thankful he is because of BTS and owes it all to them.
And probably the best reason of all…
(7) HE DEALS WITH ALL OF THIS.
I know Bangtan Boys are all really rowdy themselves. I can’t even imagine myself being able to have the patience and will to lead with all their strong personalities clashing, but he can. And he does it perfectly. If that is not reason enough, then I don’t even know anymore.
Though I cannot vouch for him being the best leader of all kpop groups, I can straight up tell you that he really IS the perfect leader for Bangtan. He has all the makings of a great leader, and I think no one else can lead BTS better than he does.
Thank you, and goodnight! Haha