- we are valid no matter what just remember we are valid, the world always acts as if any queer ship is a crack ship. They act as if LGBTQ people are 1 in 2000 when in reality it is 1 in 10.
- casts tend to treat it as though it is a complete joke that can be tossed around, that it means nothing to anyone. Yes it is a fictional couple but for some of us it can mean a lot especially those in the LGBTQ community.
- we are here we are real, and hate happens and it needs to stop because wether or not people know it affects us it hurts it stings. And it brings us down.
- WE KNOW THAT IT IS UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN but maybe just maybe it could and for some of us the only way we can be in a community that accepts us is through that fandom.
- it is just a fictional couple but there is so much more to it, especially when it is a queer/ gay couple. They give us hope and make us smile so maybe just maybe we should stop being the butt of every joke.
i hate getting seriously involved (read: not in meme form) in drama but can i just say that Jeremy Jordan’s apology is so fucking unapologetic. First of all, calling everyone kids is THE MOST CONDESCENDING THING I’VE EVER SEEN. I don’t care if it’s in a joking way, don’t start an apology like that.
Secondly, if he - a grown man - can’t understand that as a person with a platform his words have legit meaning then maybe he should stop speaking altogether. Because all I hear from that “apology” is ‘I SAID SHITTY THINGS AND YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKING ME FEEL BAD ABOUT IT AND I DONT LIKE THAT SO PLEASE STOP MAKING ME FEEL WHATEVER SEMBLANCE OF GUILT THIS IS’
anyway it was a dick move and why can’t people just own up to their mistakes and apologise and realise that what they say affects so many people outside of that damn interview room.
All this year people has been disrespectful to Floriana Lima. Questioning her casting process, her ethnicity, insulting her skin color and criticizing her private life (I’m not going to get into that discussion again).
Despite of all that, SHE NEVER, EVER!!! has been rude to fans, she has never made fun of them, she is always serving the fans nicely with that characteristic smile and she cares about the LGBTQ fans, unlike other cast members who have been treated much better than her (Jeremy and Melissa).
All this kindness and gentleness of her, after all that bullying she has experied, makes me appreciate her, admire her, protect her
and love her even more. Thanks for include Floriana Lima as SANVERS 50%. We were so lucky to have her.