I’ve seen a lot of curious people wanting to dive into classical music but don’t know where to start, so I have written out a list of pieces to listen to depending on mood. I’ve only put out a few, but please add more if you want to. hope this helps y’all out. :)
- Just because it starts off slow and pretty doesn’t mean it’s not going to get seriously intense later on. In fact, there’s probably more of a chance.
- Most pieces average about 8-15 minutes long. Entire symphonies can last roughly an hour, but you can always find separate movements. Be patient and wait. Even if you already know it and just want a specific part, just enjoy the build-ups, man.
- There’s all kinds. Anything from dark Russian waltzes to peppy English marches, to thousands of symphonies by various composers. Even if you don’t like a certain tone, there’s always more and if you find something you like, and if you listen on YouTube, the recommendations are pretty good at linking similar styles.
- Non-lyric stuff is great for studying, relaxing, or just spacing out.
- In the quiet parts, try to avoid turning up the volume too loud (but of course if you need to, then 2 clicks or so should do), unless you want to jump a foot out of your seat when the dynamics suddenly change.
- Cool stuff to get you started that you might recognize from cartoons or movies or something:
C, E-flat and G walk into a bar. The bartender says, “Sorry, but we don’t serve minors.” So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.
D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, “Excuse me. I’ll just be a second.” Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, “Get out! You’re the seventh minor I’ve found in this bar tonight.”
E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, “You’re looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development.” Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit and everything else, and is au natural. Eventually, C, who had passed out in the bar the night before, begins to sober up and realizes in horror that he’s under a rest.
So, C goes to trial, is convicted of contributing to the diminution of a minor and sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an up scale correctional facility. The conviction is overturned on appeal, however, and C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.
The bartender decides, however, that since he’s only had tenor so patrons, the soprano out in the bathroom and everything has become alto much treble, he needs a rest and closes the bar.
uwaaaa! 1k+ followers?? THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! ;7; I decided to host an ART RAFFLE FOR ALL OF YA! MMMM, DATS GONNA BE FUN!!
🌟 1st prize: fullbody, 1 or 2 characters. full colored + bg. (1 winner) 🌟 2nd prize: halfbody, 1 or 2 characters. full colored + bg. (1 winner) 🌟 3rd prize: headshot, 1 character, flat colors sketch. (3 winners)
R U L E S:
✦ reblog or like to enter. Like = 1 entry, same for reblogs. Multiple entries are counted, but you can get only one of the prizes. (✧ω✧) ✦ be my follower. This raffle is my thanks to my followers. Newcomers are welcomed, but don’t enter only for free stuff. (⇀‸↼‶) ✦ keep your ask box or chat thingie open. I will message the winners. If I get no reply within 3 days I will have to choose another winner. ╮( ˘ ､ ˘ )╭
✅ I will draw only Undertale related stuff (OC’s, fan characters, couples, etc.) ❌ I won’t draw mecha, animals, nsfw and anything that makes me uncomfortable.
me as a beginning musician:
wow, that actually didn't sound as bad! I'm super proud of myself!
I've played this one phrase twenty times and something about the musicality still isn't right. I'm putting too much emphasis on the e flat and my marcatissimo sounds more like a staccato so I'm basically a failure