“It was a rebellion, it was an uprising, it was a civil
rights disobedience — it wasn’t no damn riot” -
DeLarverie- A bi-racial, lesbian drag king performer whose
activism and perseverance against the injustices imposed by police during the
Stonewall Riots, was the person who arguably provided the first blow which
sparked and defined the rebellion. Stormé was best known for being an essential core
of the Jewel Box Revue, performing as one of the only male impersonators who truly
renounced the constructions of gender imposed on women, and inspired many to
challenge the pre-determined notions of their identities. In later years, operating
as a singer, MC and bouncer for several lesbian bars among copious roles were
those that truly reflected her protective nature. Often, DeLarverie was someone
who sought out any bullying or intolerance occurring to the most vulnerable
LGBT+ people, truly embracing those so heavily marginalized into a loving,
unified community. Unquestionably, her actions during June, 27th, 1969 within Stonewall were pivotal and her responses to the homophobic slander
and violent attacks of the police were actions that were truly progressive. Furthermore,
it truly cements as her as a central core to the Stonewall Veterans Association
and to the foundation which has allowed queer rights to flourish.
“She literally walked the
streets of downtown Manhattan like a gay superhero; she was not to be messed
with by any stretch of the imagination.” – Lisa Cannicati, owner of
village lesbian bar, Henrietta Hudson.
Warnings: Crude Language. Swearing. Sexual Themes (No Smut).
Request: Hi! I have an idea for a one shot and you’re my favorite author, so I thought I might direct it here! Could you write one where the reader is Bobby’s daughter and dating Sam or Dean (you can choose)and TFW has to go to Bobby’s a s he walks in on them
AN: Woohoo!! This has been a long time coming; but I’ve finally managed to finish a oneshot :) I altered the request a tiny bit (instead of TFW coming along for the ride, it’s just Dean); but I hope you all enjoy it, regardless. I haven’t written a oneshot in quite awhile, so any constructive criticism, comments, etc. would be much appreciated. Let me know what you think!!
*Disclaimer* I do not have any affiliation with Heartland.
Growing up as Bobby Singer’s daughter had been… well, interesting to say in the very least.
Sure… he professed to be a salvager of sorts, owning and operating the Singer Salvage Yard; but in all actuality, your father was a hunter. And not the type of hunter who shoots at Bambi in the forest.
Liam Payne Facts: 24 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About The One Direction Star
Liam Payne turning up to support his bandmate, Louis Tomlinson, at Monday night’s Believe In Magic Cinderella Ball reminded us all just how much of a wonderful friend and person he is.
We mean, he effectively gave up a rare evening off - and thousands and thousands of pounds - to make sure that terminally and seriously ill children were treated to a fantastic night that made them feel like royalty.
There were far too many feels for us to deal with, tbh.
Anyways, in honour of the Payno, we decided to have a little dig and bring you 24 facts that you probably don’t know about the 21-year-old mega babe… Although we aren’t kidding ourselves and are more than aware you probs actually do know all of these.
But try and humour us anyways, yeah?
1. Liam has always had a pretty humongous heart, and if he wasn’t in the biggest band on the planet, or Batman, then he actually planned on being a firefighter because he “likes the idea of saving people”.
The star actually ended up proving his worth as a man in uniform too, when his close friend Andy Samuels caught alight during a freak accident at Liam’s home and the singer managed to save him from the flames.
Andy ended up suffering third degree burns and needed skin grafts, but if it wasn’t for Liam’s quick thinking and bravery then things could have been a whole lot worse.
2. Still, Liam hasn’t always been super cool, calm and collected, in fact, he used to be a bit of a nervous Nelly.
Speaking in an interview once he admitted: “When I was seven, a girl I really liked tickled me and I wet myself.
“Then she laughed, because she was a lot older, but I cried and it was terrible.”
3. And Liam’s uncontrollable bladder seems to be a recurring theme from his youth, with the star also revealing that he once weed all over his family’s kitchen floor after he sleepwalked downstairs in the night.
4. Payno is the middle child of One Direction - older than Harry Styles and Niall Horan but younger than Zayn Malik (we miss him) and Louis, still, everybody knows that he acts as the daddy of the group.
5. In fact, Liam is such a father figure that he even has those cringey dad jokes down to a T with him once replying to somebody who claimed that she was his biggest fan by asking “How tall are you?”
D’oh, daaaaaaddddd, you’re embarrassing us.
6. Liam’s sensible attitude is also renowned outside of the group, with Ed Sheeran previously admitting that without Liam, those cheeky 1D scamps would probs be in prison.
7. Liam auditioned for X Factor way back in 2008 when they lowered the entry age to 14, he got as far as Judges Houses before it was decided that he just wasn’t ready.
And thank goodness for that, eh? If he’d gone through then, he wouldn’t have ever become a member of the biggest boyband on the planet - everything really does happen for a reason.
8. When Liam’s 2010 X Factor auditioned first aired on our televisions, bookmakers made Liam the second fave to win the entire show, behind Cher Lloyd.
Fortunately for us, but unfortunately for the gambling types, he was put in One Direction before the live shows even started.
9. While we’re focusing on the early days, a fun fact is that Liam had just over seven minutes worth of solos on the band’s debut album, ‘Up All Night’.
Which was the second most behind Harry.
10. Let’s go even earlier; after falling ill as a baby, it was discovered that one of Liam’s kidneys was scarred and dysfunctional, with him having to have injections just to cope with the pain.
However, in August 2012 a miracle happened with the star tweeting: “Just been for an ultrasound on my kidney turns out its fixed from when I was a baby!!!
“:o so now I have two :) #weirdnewsoftheday [SIC]”
11. And that’s not all that poor little Liam had to contend with during his youth, with the crooner and mega babe being incredibly open about how severely he used to be bullied at school.
In fact, Li used to hate going in so much that he used to pretend that he was too poorly, and on his sweet 16 he threw a party but nobody showed up.
As much as it breaks our heart to think about, we reckon Liam definitely got the last laugh.
12. Still, he always had his older sisters, Nicola and Ruth, to play with - with him previously telling The Sun: “They used to try to influence my fashion a bit.
“Which you know… may have involved a heel or two.”
13. Before he quit the band, WELP, Liam had a pretty close relationship with Zayn Malik, with Zayn even admitting that if he had the chance to marry any of his bandmates, he’d choose Liam in a heartbeat.
There are too many adorable Ziam moments to mention here, and because they leave us emotional we are going to have to stop before we burst into ugly sobs…
14. …Okay, okay, one more - Liam reciprocated Zayn’s love for him by once saying that his fave thing to do was watch the Bradford Bad Boi sleep because “he looks adorable”.
IS ANYBODY ELSE DROWNING IN FEELS?
15. Ahem, moving on… We’re sure you know this but it’s a classic Payno fact - the star has a ‘fear’ of spoons; so much so that he actually eats ice cream with a fork.
16. Last year, a hardcore One Direction fan stole his boxers from his hotel.
Not cool, guys, not cool.
17. Did you know that back in the early days of 1D, Liam admitted that he wanted to name his first child ‘Taylor’.
We’re not sure how Harry’s ‘thing’ with T-Swizzle has affected these plans, but we know for sure that Louis wouldn’t be too happy with that choice in name nowadays…
18. Fun fact: Liam said he used to be mistaken for Daniel Radcliffe… No, we don’t see it either.
19. This one time, Liam was dawdling and ended up seeing the boys’ tour bus driving off without him.
Obviously he ran after them all screaming, and the boys thought that he was just a cray cray fan.
20. That’s not the only time Liam has proved to be a totally smooth operator, with the singer revealing that once he forgot the words to the song he was supposed to be singing, so rather than embarrass himself he just tapped the mic as though it wasn’t working.
Y’hear that guys? SMOOTH.
21. Apart from, he isn’t so smooth in dreamland, with the babe admitting that he has nightmares about being nakey in public places, he dished: “I dream of being back at school a lot and have been naked a few times.”
For the record, we see absolutely nothing wrong with that.
22. His first concert was Gareth Gates. #TheMoreYouKnow
23. He is such a lovely person that once upon a time he went to McDonalds and got given eleven chicken nuggets in his box of ten.
Instead of jumping for joy at his little victory, like us less lovely people would do, he actually went back to the counter to give it back.
24. And further evidence of his heart being made of solid gold? Liam ‘daddy’ Payne is the member of the band who always makes sure that he is there to support his boys.
On top of hosting his own charity gala for Trekstock earlier this year, Liam made sure that he attended Lou’s Cinderella ball and donated an arm and a leg in the process.
He’s also always there to cheer on the band whenever they take part in solo charity events because, let’s face it, he’s just an all round amazing guy.
Okay, so you definitely knew that one - but did we teach you anything new?
But how did myrcella and tommen end up as such sweet kids compared to the rest of their family?
There’s a couple of reasons for this.
One, of course, is nature. Perhaps Joffrey was born with a lack of empathy, or had some sort of mental defect that prevented him from recognizing other people as anything more than objects for his idle amusement. I won’t profess to be an expert in psychology or criminal profiling, but Joffrey exhibits many of the characteristics of a classic psychopath: cruelty to animals, provocation of people for his curiosity and amusement, charm to be used in deception, degradation of the individual, and an unmistakable brutal streak when crossed or slighted. It’s possible Myrcella and Tommen weren’t born with this.
Nurture, however, is another part of this. Cersei was noted to have doted particularly on Joffrey, and instilled in him his utter contempt for others beneath his station. While Joffrey may have sought desperately for Robert’s approval, Cersei was clearly the one most involved in the raising of Joffrey, so it’s no surprise that his pomposity, arrogance, and utter contempt for others comes directly from her. Robert was known as a skilled warrior and hunter, so it’s no surprise that Joffrey, imitating his father, attacks and kills a housecat as a natural extension of his curiosity about it having a litter of kittens.
By contrast, Tommen and Myrcella were raised by others. Maesters and septons, certainly, but other members of the royal household as well. The positive relationship that Tommen and Myrcella have with Tyrion suggests that he spent time with them, and undoubtedly he was a positive role model in their lives. Tyrion has enough tact that his sketchy deeds are almost always done outside of their perception (preventing them from picking up some of his more amoral habits like false flag operations and murdering singers). Tyrion also tells them a few dirty jokes, which the children would delight Tyrion for including them, as being included in adult jokes cam make children feel more mature and valued by said jokester. Without the pressures of being the Crown Prince, Tommen and Myrcella were free to develop under less stress, and that led to a happier, less troubled life for them.
Much of female education in Westeros is rooted in women being subservient (remember the Rule of Six from TWOIAF) and gentle in comparison to harder, martial men. The three feminine aspects of the Seven are expressions of gentle innocence (the Maiden), motherly love toward husbands and children (the Mother), and the carefully accrued wisdom that comes naturally after a long life (the Crone). None of these three aspects are particularly active the way the male aspects are, in war (the Warrior), judgement (the Father), and invention (the Smith). In royal tradition, the queen, consorts, and princesses are often used as political tools to beg for mercy. A male offering mercy could be seen as weakness, but if an important lady, a wife, daughter, or mother, begs mercy, and a man standing in judgement, be he husband, father, or son, grants said clemency, it is seen as devotion and duty toward a beloved woman, which changes the context of the action. A man showing mercy could be perceived as weak, but granting mercy to his beloved is seen as an act of magnanimity and within the proper course of things. This is the environment Myrcella was raised in, the traditional art of feminine subservience.
Tommen seems to have taken Robert’s genial nature to heart (even if he couldn’t quite understand it), which, given that he’s a gentler sort, seemed to be the aspect of his ‘father’ he gravitated toward, while Joffrey focused on Robert’s skill for violence. Tommen sees his ‘father’ win friends so easily (Tommen never witnessed the wrath of Robert in regards to the Targaryens) that he sees that winning friends is the key to Robert’s success, so he imitates that by always looking to win friends. His diligent, optimistic nature comes from his upbringing as a second son. Like Bran, who expects early in life that he is to support and help Robb in all that he does, Tommen believes that he will need to be a diligent and content man, in service to Robert and later Joffrey (who’s bullying of him changes his mind right quick).
So with a little bit of nature, and a little bit of nurture, we can see how Joffrey develops a wildly different personality and outlook on others than his siblings.