What do you love about Blue Diamond? :^>
OOOOOOOooooohhhHH did you just give me the opportunity to gush about my favorite SU character?!? ok
(i made a similar post a few months ago but that was before ‘The Trial’ so this is an updated list)
- The fact that her motives and overall character don’t really fit with the fact she’s an Active Antagonist. Usually, that type of character would be neutral or would side with the protagonist.
- I love how suspicious and curious she was during the trial. I think thats who she used to be before the grieving era: she doesnt seem like the type to let things go easily. You could tell thats the reason Sapphire was so afraid of a confrontation with her.
- She has so many sides to her. She shows a different part of herself to different audiences and it’s fascinating. By ‘The Trial’ she’s been in 4 episodes, and yet it feels like we know a lot about her character already. A cruel monarch, A reasonable ruler, and a crying mess.
- that thing she does where she comes way too close to someone’s face sort of like to see through them or something. I don’t think she even knows how terrifying this is
- The fact that she listened to Steven’s bullshit story with a straight face, jump kicks and all, and the only thing that bothered her was that he got the weapon wrong.
- Her interactions with Yellow Diamond. I said it on my old list, but again, we learned so much from ‘The Trial’. Like the fact YD is freakin WHIPPED LOL talk about a power bottom
- Seriously now, it’s really interesting to have two equal antagonists instead of one overpowered ruler. The dynamics between the Diamonds would be crucial to Steven when he tries talking through to them later on (or at least so i think).
- That thing when she talks and everything’s normal and then she drops like ONE WORD that makes you question your life for 2 seconds cause the accent is so off and then she goes back to normal. which leads me to
- Her VOICE. I love everything about it. Granted, it’s not like i knew who Lisa Hannigan was before she voiced Blue Diamond, but lemme tell ya, I listened to all her songs and interviews even since she was introduced on the show. she’s such a gentle soul. God bless her heart, talent and Irish accent (why can’t she fully use it on the show?? i’m legit so curious).
- SHE MUST HAVE A SONG SHE MUST HAVE A SONG SHE MUST HA