Behind the Medic: A Radical Diagnosis
- Cranquis, colleagues and staff are standing around the PACS (radiology viewing computer) looking at a foot xray
- Nurse: I don't see anything.
- Nurse Practitioner: Oh never say that about an xray in front of the doctors! At least say 'I don't see anything acute or abnormal' -- otherwise they start showing off.
- Doctor Colleague *showing off*: Well, I see a bi-partite sesamoid bone.
- Everyone: Ooooh.
- Cranquis *showing off even harder*: And I see hyperkeratotic enlargement of the ungual plates indicating chronic fungal infection.
- Everyone: WHAT?!
- Cranquis: Look, her big toenail has so much onychomycosis that you can see it on the xray.
- Nurse Practitioner *to the nurse*: Told you. And he's right.