Egos, trips and tributes: 2015 BET AWARDS REVIEW
1. Dej Loaf looks good. I just wanted to acknowledge that. I don’t know what I was expecting from “Try Me”, but it’s not what I got. Her, her new management, and brother fought her old manager…she was suppose to perform. smh
2. Kendrick’s performance was really dope
3. Mama Minaj was on stage like “What do I do now? Do I stand like this? No…How about this? No…ok…me stand like this”
4. Sanah’s wig was a mess. Yea, I notice stuff like that. You mad? LOL
5. Haven’t we done the “Woe is me, my husband isn’t paying attention to me, so I date the psycho” movie enough?
6. Janelle…I love her. I was waiting on the haters..It’s called evolution…It’s called empowerment
7. I’m a classic man
8. MeeK Mills gets his polos from Marshall’s…I’m convinced. Nothing wrong with that. But he always looks like he has on the newest Beverly Hills Polo gear.
9. The game…awkward moment indeed. No more (Random moment from show)…I haven’t watched The Game since that chick Eggs was on there.
10. Chris broan and Tyga…Illum….nevermind…show Rihanna’s face
11. Why can’t you sing with your backup track???!
12. Everyone is waiting on jhene aiko…and she never showed up
13. I just want Omarion to do “Touch” right now…that was my jam
14. They show Rihanna on Jhene’s part…petty
15. They wanna be illuminati so bad…smh
16. Who thought it was a good idea to make a new colonel sanders? Let’s make a new Walt Disney and see how that goes
17. The Weeknd and this five finger hand hair…but people fail to realize that he is an International star. Dude is getting paid. 50 Shades of Grey and Arian Grande pretty much locked dude in for a ton of checks that will flow for a lifetime and there after…but one thing is for sure…Abel ain’t worried about us.
18. I’m a huge fan of the weeknd…I just play his music at home and just let my emotions run…usually ……wait….is he saying the f word?!
19. Alicia messed the song up…Gotta take it off the “Timmy take down” list
20. Kelly Rowland…lawd
21. When Kelly messed up Destiny’s Childs’ name lol
22. Uncle Charlie..That guy is awesome
23. What you thought?!
24. Anthony Anderson as Sam Smith…funny
25. “Arriving, but definitely not coming (You know what they mean)”…what?! This is the tagline for your new show, TVOne. Born Again Virgin? OK…smh
26. When Donnie McClurkin walked on stage, the internet did this…
27. Folks out here acting like Tori Kelly is on amateur night at the Apollo. The girl is sangin’
28. Ugh, robin. Stop looking like you haven’t washed your man parts…get up and move on.
29. Keyshia cole- People have been making “She selling fish plates outside the awards show” jokes for years and this was your moment. And what did you do? Let us all know that you no longer have a record deal. Not only did you walk out looking like an Instagram bundles boutique, you did it in a way that on you could. Kudos? Does that deserve a Kudos? I don’t know. I mean…It’s Keyshia.
30. Janet Janet tribute- Ok, for years, I have said that Ciara would do well with a “Pleasure Principle” cover…along with a full reenactment of the video. Maybe, that would be good for her “Career”. *shrug* Just always been something I thought. So what does BET do? They present Janet with a “Comeback Plug” award and finds artists/dancers that haven’t had hits or haven’t had a hit since “Body Party”….THEN…THEN…ON TOP OF IT ALL…You have Tinashe gives us a middle school recital version of “Pleasure Principle”…and I was like…
Then Jason Defoolo came out…and I was like…
Then Ciara came out….and I was like…
Very unclean dancing…It looked like they practiced this Friday…and that was it. Then you have the offspring from the “That’s the way that love goes” video slide around to the new track…man…I was done. Janet looks good though.
31. What was this award for? Nicki…come on, babe. Even if you didn’t know, you could have turned around and looked. That was a little tacky to me.
32. Rihanna-You know, she actually made the show a little more interesting. But I could have done without the 1 minute trailer. Sorry, babe. I had to say it.
33. Tracee and Anthony did a good job.
34. Smokey Robinson will always like that bachelor uncle that has all the H*** to me. I loved his speech.
35. Did I talk about K.Michelle and Tamar? No? I didn’t? Ok. It was on purpose.
36. Ladies, where is the book that said “Men love booties that make you look like a toddler with a messy diaper on”?
37. Some people just don’t sing well live
38. YOU DON’T SING AN EPIC SONG IF YOU AND/OR YOUR VOICE ISN’T JUST AS EPIC. I ALMOST THREW MY IPAD AT THE TV WHEN “If only you knew” started. I was thinking, “Patti better come out here and save the day”. Patti stepped out there like…
39. The Bad Boy Tribute had me in my feelings…
great. Diddy is getting old…clearly…and that fall was epic…but let’s address
Lawsuit elephant in the room. Where was Da Band? Danity Kane? Day 26? Carl
Thomas? Mario Winans? Hell, Cheri Dennis?! Where were they? Craig Mac!!!
Bruh!!! Like…how could you have tribute without them? Diddy didn’t want to pay
for Megabus transfers?! I’m so lost.
40. Fetty Wap ended the show. You know, I can respect him. “Trap Queen” is not the ideal love song, but she’s helping him commit a felony, so he treats her well. Plus, he had a pretty dope post about marriage equality so we definitely see eye to…eye. Sigh…that was petty. Wasn’t it?
HONORABLE DIDN’T WANT TO MENTION GOES TO BOBBY VALENTINO for his new role as the Fierce Ranger in Hedwig and the Angry Itch. Bruh really came out the house looking like he was going to an all-white party in Atlanta…Comic-Con Power Rangers table…a dance battle in Dubai….looking like one of the Jacksons…bruh doesn’t have friends.
Until next time…