Yuki & Dakota, Akita & Siberian Husky (8 y/o & 6 m/o), Madison Square Park, New York, NY • “They’ve only been living together for a month. Yuki doesn’t like other dogs, but she’s learning to like Dakota.”
I become the songs I play For you. I threat the lights Of the club with vigour and Fitting. I am a robot. I become So to please you. See me say Visible words against the dry Ice. We live in New York at night Only. Lodge in my loft, scarred And industrial, bold and useful, But not so. Art is useless. And We love it so. Kiss my heaven.
- was only 24 years old when he was accused of killing President John F. Kennedy?
- was born on October 18, 1939, thus making him a Libra?
- had two young daughters called June and Rachel?
- had not only lived in Texas, Louisiana, and New York but also stayed a while in Japan, the Philippines, and Russia/current-day Belarus? He also spent time in France, England, Finland, the Netherlands, Taiwan, and Mexico.
- no longer lived with his wife around the time of the assassination, but did spend his last night of freedom with her in what is widely considered to be a last-ditch attempt at reconciliation with her?
- didn’t know how to drive a car?
- was a high-school dropout?
- had an older half-brother called John and an older brother called Robert?
- apparently was a good dancer and could hold a fair tune as a singer?
- slept in the same bed as his mother until he was about 10 years old?
- told his wife he didn’t have a mother when she first asked about her? It was only after their marriage that she learned his mother was still alive, but that he didn’t love her very much.
- collected stamps and knew how to play chess?
- spoke Russian and a little bit of Spanish?
- had a favourite TV program as a child called I Led Three Lives, which was about an FBI agent who infiltrated the American Communist Party by posing as both a Communist and a Communist counter-spy?
- enjoyed classical music, especially from Russian composers, but also liked a more country-ish tune to sing along to?
- read so much that he sometimes stayed up the whole night with his books, but read them inside of the bathroom at night so he wouldn’t disturb his wife’s nightrest?
- only had coffee for breakfast?
- was more of a listener than a talker and described as a ‘loner’ by some people who knew him?
- purchased the rifle he allegedly killed the President with from a newspaper ad?
↳ kira and scott have a daughter named melissa (mel) and they’re going to see grandma and grandpa yukimura who live in new york city. kira is only dressed that way because mel wanted her to. scott took a day off to watch mel before they headed out to new york city and is extra giddy about the quality father daughter time aka watching mulan (◕‿◕✿)
Summary: A magical accident sends Stiles back in time. Now he’s
stuck in New York, living with Derek and Laura, and the only way to get
back to his own time is to learn to use magic. Meanwhile, he must figure
out how much he can tell them about their future. Can he warn them
about the dangers they face? Can he change his own past? And can he trust the creature known as Bookworm, who seems to know him better than he knows himself?
Info: 73k | Mature
Notes: It’s only a first part, there are two more, but I don’t have time to read them this week and this one was awesome, so rec it is. Time traveling fic, with great plot, feels and very interesting new character, Bookworm. It was well written and original and I can’t wait to read the other parts! Also there is death in this part, hopefully it will be fixed in the sequel!
She started reading, eyes darting back and forth across the lines of
words. Almost at once, the silent tears started to fall. She reached up
and wiped them from her cheeks with the cuff of her sleeve, not taking
the chance of them dropping onto a page and spoiling the book. Derek
didn’t know what to make of it. When she reached the bottom of the page,
she closed her eyes again and sniffled gently.
“Are you alright?” he asked. “What did you see?”
soul,” she whispered. “Poor little broken soul, surrounded by so much
blood. He hides it all with smiles and laughter, but he’s surrounded by
death and he blames himself. Poor little broken soul.”
She opened her eyes and looked directly at Derek, a fierceness behind the tears.