The Art of Studying
Use these expert tips to maximize your productivity in school!
1. Create a calming, peaceful, clean space for yourself to study. This space can be in your room, in the kitchen, at a library, at school, at a park, at a café – anywhere you feel comfortable and safe.
2. Keep your books, notes, and homework organized. Organization is crucial to academic success.
3. Set feasible, short-term goals for every study session to
boost confidence and efficiency.
4. Annotate all of your reading materials. Underline, highlight, and circle to increase retention.
5. Always check your work and read out loud to minimize typos, grammatical errors, and bad syntax.
6. Make color-coded flash cards for every unit in your class.
7. Minimize distractions: time yourself for forty minute chunks
during which your phone is off and your computer is away.
8. Take a break for ten minutes after every forty minutes of
studying to walk, stretch, and take your eyes off your study materials.
9. Start studying by talking out your answers to the topics. This boosts your confidence and retention.
10. Draw concept maps to see how different topics are
11. Read out loud to yourself from course materials before going to bed to increase retention.
12. When you’re revising your writing, save every draft so you
don’t lose any ideas.
13. Listen to quiet instrumental music to regulate blood
pressure and reduce stress.