Imagine sitting around the kitchen table, a big window on the wall, but it’s too late at night to see outside. It’s the first few chilly days of fall, meaning you haven’t quite convinced yourself to turn on the heat for the year. Instead, you and S.Coups sit next to each other at the table, sharing a blanket while you both lazily munch on popcorn. Nothing seems relevant, but this song playing quietly around you and how your body curves into Seungcheol’s.
Despite all the curtains open painting the bedroom in a white film, despite how many times you had previously tried to wake Jeonghan up, he refuses. You would pull the covers away, only to see that that didn’t bother him. You would try everything, but somehow he would always find a way to grab your hand and pull you back into bed, wrapping his body around yours tightly. The alarm would still be going off, as it had been for ten minutes. When he pulled you into bed for the final time you would settle after hearing the radio from the alarm play this song. The world had a funny sense of humor sometimes.
Maybe you knew the words to this song, maybe you didn’t; within the moment though, but when you listened to it with Joshua you felt as though these lyrics, this beat, the tone of voice was made specifically for this moment. You had been trapped with Joshua in this recording room for a few hours, however you weren’t really trapped, either of you could have left at any time. It just didn’t feel right to. When this song played, when you rested your head in his lap and laid out your body on the cold hardwood floor, his fingers laced in your hair, you understood why you were trapped. It felt as though the universe had kept you two together to live out this moment, a moment where everything was truly perfect.
Just like the lyrics stated, it was the middle of the night. When you would look back at this day in the future you wouldn’t be able to say why you were out in the first place. You had taken a break from your late night drive in the middle of nowhere, stopping at a gas station. This song would play over the system and for some unknown reason, the moment it started Jun would look at you with such passion in his eyes, such youthful excitement. He would grab your hand and dance with you in a gas station in the middle of nowhere, a smile on his face that matched yours the whole time.
You hadn’t remembered putting this song on your phone, and maybe you didn’t, maybe one day the sky looked down at you and Hoshi, smiled, and gifted it to you. You were walking down the sidewalk of some suburban neighborhood, a car whizzing by you every few moments. One earbud in your ear, the other one in Hoshi’s. This song would play and even though you had never heard it before it just felt… special. Your arms would brush against each other, the bare skin mingling. You felt as though whatever higher power there was above, it had handcrafted you this moment.
Hearing this song wouldn’t be a one time deal, in fact it was Wonwoo’s favorite. It had the perfect mix between hip hop and a chill vibe. Every spare moment you two would spend together, every lazy day, every few minutes you could scavenge together would be spent holding hands, resting on each other’s shoulders, lazily sleeping with this song on repeat in the background. Every time you would hear this song you couldn’t help but smile to yourself.
You two would both be laying in bed, the day just falling into the cusp of evening. You would have your head resting on his shoulder, one of his hands would be lazily gliding over your arm while the other would be scrolling through music on Youtube. It moment seemed perfect the minute he opened up this song, despite the words to them the soft beat and the melodic voice would pull the both of you in. He would rest his head next to yours, and for the next four minutes it would feel like you were the only two people in the world.
The soft lapping of the warm water in the tub would be the only sound besides the beat that this song was creating. You would be resting against Mingyu’s chest in the bath, only this moment wouldn’t feel like a moment of sexual tension, but rather a moment of comfort and sweet intimacy. You felt completely at home in this small bathtub next to the love of your life as a beautiful, beautiful song played ever so innocently in the background.
Imagine driving down an empty road much faster than you should with the car radio and it’s shitty sound system pumping out this song. It’s way too hot out, the windows rolled way down, DK’s sweaty hand clasping around yours with his other hands on the wheel. You two would share a peach lemonade, with only one straw because DK forgot he was supposed to be cute and get another. You would just close your eyes, feeling the wind in your hair and your hand in DK’s. What bliss.
Even though the lyrics to this song aren’t exactly the nicest, the moment he decided to play it in the dance studio you felt as though you had never heard a song as sweet. You two had been in the dance studio for hours, you happily watching and talking to Minghao as he danced every now and then. He would just look at you with a big smile as this song created the most wonderful vibe in the room, even if you hadn’t wanted to dance before you would want to now.
You would be waiting for your flight to arrive and take you back home in the airport, clicking on whatever song caught your eye as you passed the time. Seungkwan’s head would be resting in your lap as he tried to pass the time by sleeping. At one point, he would take the phone from your hands and pick out this song to show you. His eyes would stay locked yours trying to gage your response to it. Seungkwan had the kindest gaze and when the song mixed with it, you could feel nothing but warmth inside.
It had been a day at the beach, the gritty sand had stuck itself under your feet, only you didn’t seem to mind. Vernon had hooked his phone up to the speaker so the only thing you could hear besides whatever song played was the crashing of the waves on the beach. You were sharing an ice cream with this song began, the day finally coming to the end. You would watch the sun set over the beach and hear this song play in the background as Vernon playfully fed you ice cream.
You two had just returned home from a day of sledding in the first snow of the year. Both of your cheeks were stained a deep rosy red as Chan tried to warm your hands in his, every once and awhile blowing hot air into his hands that cupped around yours. This song would play from the other room, probably from one of your roommates choosing to listen to it. The sweet melody of the song would warm you up as you two could do nothing but smile at one another.
One day your name will not be a song you sing under your breath. I promise, your pronouns haven’t even been invented yet. You’re going to shave your head and drive through Texas. You’re going to kill your own god so you can fall in love for the first time.
Sansa had no choice but to explain about heroes and monsters. The king’s councillor smiled. “Well, those are not the reasons I’d have given, but…” He had touched her cheek, his thumb lightly tracing the line of a cheekbone.“Life is not a song, sweetling. You may learn that one day, to your sorrow.”
The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return, and the greatest songs you’ll ever know are all made over and mashed up in Baz Luhrmann’s flashy jukebox musical Moulin Rouge!, which hit theaters 15 years ago on May 18, 2001.
AKA Mc has complete and utter shit taste in music and they must suffer along with her (*゜▽゜ノノ゛☆ (This is so silly I’m so sorry)
- While you were cleaning, you had decided to put on your favorite musical (sans Zen) and wash the dishes.
- I mean, there wasn’t a lot, but it gave you an excuse for being so slow with them
- Of course, as cheesy as the musical was, you found yourself singing along the best you could, despite the language barriers
- And of course, while you were attempting to belt out both lines to the duet, Zen decided to come home
- At first he was extremely confused. Was that English? Did you know English? Why didn’t you ever mention that! That was so impressive!
- But once he notices you have no idea he’s there, and you’re singing your heart out, he slowly steps up behind you, peering at the….weird musical on your laptop.
- “Babe, if you wanted to sing a duet, you could have told me.”
- You jumped, having water and suds splash back at you, as Zen chuckled and apologizes.
- “Ah, sorry babe, I didn’t mean to scare you. What are you watching though?”
- With a very red (and soapy face) you explain your love of this musical’s soundtrack, even though it’s… Not on the great side.
- But the moment you admit its a favorite of yours, he’s talking about a movie night and that the two of you could probably watch it tonight.
- (God, Zen, Please no)
- Honestly, when the two of you did manage to watch it, he didn’t tease you too much for loving the songs due to how embarrassed you were
- I mean…He’s definitely sung worse.
- After a long and annoying workday, he often found it comforting to see you and Elizabeth 3rd bonding.
- But coming home to a speaker system blaring god awful noise, and Elizabeth 3rd in your arms as you rocked your hips in time with the music, was not exactly what he found comforting.
- After taking a moment to find the stereo remote and quickly turning it down, he took a deep breath before speaking.
- “Mc. What are you doing to Elizabeth 3rd.” His voice was so monotone you couldn’t tell what he was thinking.
- “I, uh, was just dancing with her to some music. She’s okay, see?”
- You turned to face him, showing how lazily Elizabeth 3rd was curled in your arms.
- It didn’t stop him from slowly taking her out of your grasp and holding her close.
- “That was music?”
- “Uhm….Yes…Electro kinda swing music.” Embarrassed already, you turned to go cut the stereo off completely, trying to avoid his gaze.
- Of course that didn’t stop his questions
- He went on and on. What was Electric Swing? Why did it sound like his phone was dropping a call with someone in an old records store? What was the weird slang?
- After spending around an hour showing him examples, why you were listening to it, explaining to him how he could use urban dictionary for most slang questions, he finally let the subject drop for a bit.
- “Do a lot of people listen to this type of music?”
- “Not really, I just have shit taste in music, honestly.”
- Catching on that you feel a bit embarrassed, he decided to clear his throat.
- “Well, I rather….Like it.” (He did not) “It’s….unique.”
- “Jumin, you don’t have to lie-”
- “No, no, teach me how to dance in tune with this. You were dancing with Elizabeth 3rd, and I will admit I was a bit jealous.”
- This dork. But… At least he was willing to at least pretend he liked it, and not tease you.
- So, Seven was busy working. Usually when he was in so deep into his work, you could literally say or do anything and he wouldn’t notice. And hey, you had listened to music before when he was like this. Why not listen to the one song that had been stuck in your head all day?
- You loaded up your playlist, took another look at him as you started up your music. When he didn’t react whatsoever, you popped up your internet browser and started to goof around offline, enjoying your music.
- You zoned out pretty quickly, not paying attention as it switched to a very perverse song, and Seven finally perking up from his own computer screen.”
- “….Mc, what are you listening to?”
- “Hm?” You refocused on the lyrics, recognizing one of your japanese songs playing. You cringed a bit, not realising the language change to hide from Seven, but, oh well. “It’s just a silly song.”
- “….A silly song about prostitutes?”
- You felt the color drain from your face. “You know what it was saying?”
- “You really think out of all the languages I’ve learned, japanese wouldn’t be on that list?” He smirked as you groaned and covered your face. “So, uh, were you in the mood? Were you wanting to try those things she was saying? Like makin-”
- He busted out laughing, getting out of his computer chair to walk over and ruffle your hair.
- “But I mean, seriously, are you in the mood because…”
- “…Okay, fine.”
- Okay, so Yoosung probably has the same amount of shit taste of music as you do. At least, that’s what you tell yourself as you finally bring over some of your games to play at his house.
- You told him you loved shooters, scary games, or just basically anything with a good story plot.
- But…You hadn’t told him about your love for a certain music game yet.
- Once you two were all settled in his room with gaming drinks and snacks, you let out a deep breath.
- “Yoosung….Please don’t judge me for this.”
- You turned on the game, a certain popular computer idol filling the screen in such a cute pose. You expected him to laugh at you, to wiggle around uncomfortably trying to figure out if you were a ‘real’ gamer or not.
- But he just let out a little chuckle.
- “Mc, why would I judge you for that? A lot of my friends play some of her games. They like her music, too! I guess that goes without saying…”
- You looked at him in shock. “What!?”
- “Yeah, I kinda wanted to play it too. Will you show me?”
- Oh my god, you loved this man.
- When you two closed the cafe down at night, you would start a playlist the two for you set up filled with your favorite chore songs and start cleaning. It helped speed things up, and helped the two of you have a few cute moments.
- She would hum along with some of Zen’s songs, or other songs from musicals. If you starting signing along, she would slowly join you, both of you giggling afterwards.
- It wasn’t often a song of yours popped up, mainly due to the fact you wanted to try and hear her sing as much as possible, but tonight one of your favorites popped on and you didn’t have the heart to skip it.
- So soon, as the slow music started playing, you steadily stopped sweeping, swaying side to side with the broom in your hand.
- Jaehee tried to hide her laugh as she watched, failing a bit. “Mc, what are you doing?”
- “I love this song soo much, it’s so relaxing.”
- She listened to the lyrics, some strange japanese tinted broken english, and was lucky she was able to understand it. Lingering affects of working with such a huge business, even though she hadn’t had to use english in a while.
- But you put your broom aside and held your arms out to her.
- “I know it’s silly, but dance with me, please? I’ve always wanted to dance with someone to this song.”
- Aaaaa, you were making her face so red.
- She walked over, letting you wrap your arms around her and sway to the music. Slowly she did the same, resting her head on yours and letting her shoulders drop a bit.
- Even though it was a strange song…. It was nice being able to do this with you, especially if it made you happy.
- Usually when he came home, he was used to you being somewhere in the living room, since it was connected to the front door.
- I mean it’s not like he absolutely needed your help, but it was always sweet walking up and hearing you hop off the couch to hug him and subtly try to guide him where he needed to go
- Instead, he was greeted by some solemn sounding music coming from the bedroom. After a bit of of navigating, he made it in, the music nearly blasting.
- As the crescendo lowered, he spoke up a bit.
- “I’m laying on the bed.”
- He nodded, finding a spot where the bed didn’t dip too much and sat down, happy he managed to sit beside you but a safe distance.
- He listened to the music pick up again, a male voice sounding low and grief stricken. Due to being overseas and picking up some english, he recognized some words, but not all.
- “Mc, what is this?”
- “It’s like…A novel, but an album? Each song tells a continuous story, but it’s so… I don’t know. Sad, but good?”
- “Are you feeling okay?”
- “…A bit. I don’t know.”
- He took off his glasses, placing them in his shirt pocket and carefully laying down. Once his hand found yours, he managed to pull you to him, encouraging you to snuggle up.
- “Do you want me to listen to this with you?”
- He didn’t understand the lyrics fully, or why you were wanting to listen to something sad, but he just kissed your forehead and let you zone out to the music.
- Later on, when he found out that album helped you become more creative, he was wanting you to explain and translate a bit of it for him on the off chance it would inspire him as well.
- You were a bit ashamed of your music tastes around him, especially since he wasn’t afraid to tell you if something you liked was ridiculous or not (to him, at least), but he managed to find out anyway.
- You were just picking up a bit since the two of you still lived with Seven and the house was horrible, and you were humming along with your music blasting from your headphones. Since it was loud, and you were more focused on cleaning in time with the music, you didn’t notice Saeran had been trying to talk to you.
- Until he yanked out your earbud.
- You yelped, even though it didn’t hurt too much, and turned to scold at him, but he spoke before you could.
- “How many times do I have to tell you to let him clean up his own mess? He won’t learn otherwise,” He paused for a moment, hearing the music coming from the earbud in his hand. “What kind of emo shit is this?”
- You frowned, yanking the earbud back away from him. “Don’t try to act like you don’t listen to this kind of music!”
- “I did when I was younger, and now I’m an adult, Mc. Something you’re apparently not.”
- Ooooho! That jerk. You cut off your mp3, bringing out your phone instead.
- “Don’t try to hide it!”
- “I’m not hiding anything, Mc.”
- Your fingers typed away on your phone, searching for a song you knew he couldn’t argue against.
- “…What are you doing?”
- You smiled as you found good audio of the song, pressing play and turning the volume up. He looked confused, until a certain G note rang out, and he instantly looked furious.
- “Don’t you play that shit, cut it off. “
- “Mc, I swear to fucking god-”
- The vocals started, and you sang along with them, causing him to start stomping out of the room. But, you followed him anyway, making him yell at you more.
- “I will ruin your phone if you keep this up!”
- “Apologize, then I’ll cut it off!”
- The only thing stopping your argument was Seven coming home, and him even laughing at your music choices.
Bleh I feel so cheesy,,, major fluff coming your way ;)
Suho: He becomes a mom that adores his child. He knew how passionate you were with your music, but lately you’ve been having a hard time coming up with new songs, feeling honored that you came up with inspiration from him. Once your mini-perfomance for him is over, he just has that mom-look and gives you a crushing hug.
Chanyeol: You were a famous, well-known song writer, and had your performance today. The song was dedicated to Chanyeol, and while you were performing, he was in the front row. As he watched you perform with all your heart, he felt his eyes tearing up. The song was so sweet, and the fact that you composed it for him made him touched.
Baekhyun: Baekhyun was humming to one of his favorite songs while walking over to fold the laundry; until he passed by your room. You had locked yourself up the whole day, wondering what that beautiful sound was coming from your room, he pressed his ear against it, just to hear your soft voice. Once you finished singing, Baekhyun crashed into your room and peppered you with kisses.
“Guess I found a new song” he says with a cute smile.
Kyungsoo: Both knowing each other for the longest amount of time ever since Chanyeol introduced both of you, no one had made the move. But, you both knew there was some tension in the air. ;) wink wink. Since Kyungsoo was too shy to make the move, you had decided to compose a song to confess to him. When the song was over, you looked up to see him staring at you with his owl eyes.
He calmly clears his throat and finally speaks, “so… could I take you out for dinner?”
Kai: Jongin was used to your singing, but he never knew you composed the songs you sang by yourself. One day, when you were casually practicing your singing, he looked over your shoulder to see the sheet music you were reading. When he found out that it was handwritten, and you had composed it, his jaw dropped. He truly knew you were secretly a blessed angel from the heavens.
Lay: It had not been long when you both started dating, so you decided to show Yixing your compositions. He admired them and held them as if they were pieces of glass dug up from the grounds of Rome; as he carefully flipped through your notebook of compositions, he realized that both of your music taste was similar. Yixing already knew you both were meant to be.
“Babe!!! We should make a duet!” his eyes sparkled brightly.
Chen: You had been talking about a piece you were putting your blood, sweat, and tears into (no BTS pun intended I swear) and you had finally decided to let Jongdae listen to it. Once you hit the play button, all the way to the last second, he couldn’t help but stare at you with loving eyes. He was so happy that you were able to do what you were so passionate and happy about.
Xiumin: You had late shift today, so, Xiumin being Xiumin, decided to clean the house. When he was cleaning your room, he found the stack of papers on your desk. As he leafed through them, he noticed all of them were written in your own handwriting, and most of them said, “To: Kim Minseok”. He sighed on a happy note, thinking about how lucky he was to get a girl like you.
Sehun: You were a solo artist, and considering that you had only debuted this year, had millions of fans who loved the songs you composed, and won the “Solo Artist of The Year Award.” As you went up on stage to deliver your speech, you were dead nervous. You looked over at Sehun, to find him giving his dazzling, and proud smile, seeming as if you two were the only two in the world.
I think one of the biggest misassumptions about GoT is that 'Sansa never loved Jon'. Sansa wasn't as close to Jon as Arya and Robb were, we know that but that doesn't mean she didn't love him. Although she called him half brother, he's still a brother to her and she loved him, just not as openly as the others. I hate it when people say she never loved him
Anon Hi! First thank you for this ask ( I love getting Got/Asoiaf messages.. please keep them coming!).
Second, yes I agree. Sansa didnt hate Jon, but she was not close to him. Their relatioship was at best,i would say, “dutiful”. They cared for one another because they had to,not because they were close (like jon and ar*a.)
(that make the marriage for duty a possibility too. They had to co-exist as half-siblings, they can learn to love each other as husband and wife. Its the reason why i think ar*a and jon could never work as a couple, if its a marriage of duty, and we know how Grrm loves those: see Ned and Cat).
Plus as much as I love Sansa, Grrm stated (and its clear in the text) that she was created to build conflict in the stark family. Of course it doesnt mean she hates the starks, it just mean she wanted out. Sansa wanted the south, with the turneys, the knights and kings landing after dark. She prayed to the Seven and not the old gods, because she find them more pretty and less dull. She lost her wolf. These are important events that shaped who Sansa is.
These reasons are what makes Sansa SO RELATABLE (to me at least..). She is the impersonification of the saying “you dont understand how important a thing is until you lost it”. She wanted to go away from home, she didnt love the north, Winterfell.
And NOW, well now she dreams of return to her roots, to re-create that home she lost. To name her future children like the brothers (and sister) that she has lost. Thats what makes Sansa such a good, interesting character. She doesnt start with a mature personality (like Dany, or Tyrion, Bran or Arya who are great characters of course) she was a naive and spoiled child who regrets her choices and tries to survive with her self and her mistakes.
Sansa is a character who changes the MOST in the books. Not only from the first book when Ned dies, but even from “A storm of swords” to “ A feast for crows” when we see how she changes her mind about being a bastard, how she starts to understand how a bastard lives:
“Lysa will not come alone. Before she arrives, we must be clear on who you are.”
“Who I… I don’t understand.”
“Varys has informers everywhere. If Sansa Stark should be seen in the Vale, the eunuch will know within a moon’s turn, and that would create unfortunate… complications. It is not safe to be a Stark just now. So we shall tell Lysa’s people that you are my natural daughter.”
“Natural?” Sansa was aghast. “You mean, a bastard?” - Sansa (A storm of swords”
Here Sansa is upset about the possibility of being a bastard, she considers it a disgrace (we are talking about a girl who was a lady at three, who since she was born has accepted the rules of Westeros culture). But then in a “Feast for crows”
“Sansa Stark went up the mountain, but Alayne Stone is coming down … Alayne was an older woman, and bastard brave.”- Sansa ( A feast for crows)
Sansa (only a few charapters later) thinks that a bastard is brave.
I love the dinamic of Jon/Sansa ( even as not romantic) because for me Jon starts the book, with the same mentality as Sansa even though they are at the total opposite Social status. He wanted to prove himself, he wanted to go to the wall and be honorable, like his father Ned, just like Sansa wanted to be a perfect lady, do her duty like her mother Catelyn. But Sansa and Jon are at the opposite social position in Winterfell (the high lady, who is expected to become a queen, and a poor bastard who doesnt have a future).Still they have the same naive dreams of glory and greatness. Both think their life is like the song they loved as children ( look at these quotes…):
Jon: Daeron Targaryen was only fourteen when he conquered Dorne
.Benjen: A conquest that lasted a summer. Your Boy King lost ten thousand men taking the place, and another fifty trying to hold it. Someone should have told him that war isn’t a game- Jon snow I “A game of thrones”
Jon idolized tragic heroes like Daeron, just like Sansa romanticizes life:
When the Knight of Flowers had spoken up, she’d been sure she was about to see one of Old Nan’s stories come to life…..
Lord Baelish stroked his little pointed beard and said, “Nothing? Tell me, child, why would you have sent Ser Loras?” Sansa had no choice but to explain about heroes and monsters. The king’s councillor smiled.
"Well, those are not the reasons I’d have given, but … “ He had touched her cheek, his thumb lightly tracing the line of a cheekbone. ”Life is not a song, sweetling. You may learn that one day to your sorrow.“
- Sansa III “A game of thrones”.
Both learn that lesson is a hard way. And Grrm is putting them in their respective shoes. Jon is learning the responsibility of being in high position as Lord commander, while Sansa is a bastard. Jon is offered Winterfell by stannis, while Sansa is accused by her aunt of being a beggar. Robb makes Jon is heir, putting him ahead of Sansa. This in not concidences, this is Grrm making Sansa understand what Jon endured all his life, and doing the same thing for Jon. They even have similar chapters in the books ( Sansa A feast for crows chapter when she is coming down the mountain, has parallels with jon chapter in a storm of swords when he climbs the wall. In fact in that case not only Jon is mentioned but she hears a ghost wolf, big as mountains….).
So in conclusion Jon and Sansa are not close but they respected one another presence and dont have a troubling relationship at all. Still how they journeys parallel one another is fascinating (even not for a romantic end.game, which is my guess if both survive …) and i cant wait for the reunion (that i can bet will be the first Stark reunion in the books..like its 1000000% sure).
Request in which you and Joji do a music collab. ^^ Hope it’s alright (i mean, it can be cheesy and lame sorry)! And uh, sorry for not being so active lately, school’s being a bitch V___V
“I should do a collab…” Joji absent-mindedly said one
day (to no one in particular), as he was sitting in the studio after a
session—simply staring at the ceiling, bored. He wasn’t feeling inspired lately
and honestly, he wanted to create a more serious piece. But he had no idea, his
head was empty. And it was ticking him off.