To the demanding anon, don't be an *ss. Ask blogs aren't required to give you content. It's a gift that they even exist and post at all for their own enjoyment. To the mod, do you mind revealing what the two ask blogs will be about? Will you do art for them? I like your art style <3
Aaaaa ;0; thank!! Anyways, Ye so one askblog is a ask blog for a new character that’s gonna show up here v soon!! And the other one is a BMC AU ask blog I’m running with Kabeh ( @ask-squiphigh )!! It’s a Harry Potter AU, and when they’re both made, I’ll make sure to give you guys the acc
Hi there! While I think I can guess the answer ;P, I'm curious about the why. So, for the Librarians ask thing: Rockwell. Thanks <3
Why is Jacob Stone my favorite? Well let’s start from the beginning.
I discovered Leverage first and it became my love. It had everything I ever wanted in a show: no love triangles, unnecessary drama, everyone made sense in what they did…then I realized that Eliot was one of the first characters in a tv show from the South that WASNT a horrible stereotype.
Problem was, I couldn’t really relate to him. (And yes, I know he shares some characteristics below that I list for Jacob, but then there are some more that he doesn’t have-plus I can’t relate to the darker parts of Eliot.)
Then came The Librarians.
My mind had exploded! I was amazed! Everything about this show was what I needed and wanted! I was actually EXCITED every Sunday, looked forward to new episodes, and it helped me escape my problems if just for an hour each week.
Then there was Jacob. He was exactly what I could relate to. He reminded me of home, of people I knew, of myself sometimes.
Plus, I can discuss his character for hours for some reason. Like now.
He grew up in OK and I in TX where no matter what one state says about the other, are very similar. The people are paradoxes: polite but stubborn, generous but hold grudges, open but distrustful, and some are jerks with hearts of gold. Then there are people who are just straight up jerks, like Isaac Stone.
Basically, Jacob has the traits of home for me. He’s not perfect, no one is, and his faults are familiar. He is a hypocrite. He is very judgmental for a man who has lied about who he is his whole life. Especially how he took so long to trust Cassandra again, even though she had proved herself time and time again to be trustworthy since (which I relate to, because even though I know Cassandra is trustworthy, if I was in his situation, I might be just like him-you learn to trust certain and few people when you have been metaphorically stabbed so many times.) He is stubborn and set in his ways, which is hard to break. He grew up in a town where he went to work, church, the bar, and home, rinse and repeat each week. He became a creature of habit, which is something that I feel we all can relate to.
Jacob is also kind, grew up with manners to strangers, especially women and children, and wants to do what he believes is right. He speaks his mind when it comes to things he disagrees with, possibly out of fear, because he is still learning his boundaries of magic. I think on how much of an excited kid he was when he first discovered magic, he has learned his lesson that it is better not to use it because it causes a lot of pain. And that’s really telling of his character. That risks of that kind scare him, of how unnatural and unknown things are alluring but dangerous in his mind.
Jacob loves art and poetry and literature and everything a man in his prejudiced home should not. He has hidden himself away from people, never knowing if some would have enjoyed the real him. I think that is a very relatable trait, that there are some things we love that we hide from others out of fear for what they might think when they find out.
With each new ask, I delve more and more into the details of Jacob Stone’s personality and traits, drawing on what I know about the people who influenced him (based on the people around me) and what I can infer from my own guesstimations. (Yes I know that isn’t a word)
But really, not everything I say about Jacob is canon. A lot of it is me inferring what I can about him from the show and what I can assume from his past and home based on my own similar surroundings.
Jacob is the closest I have come to understanding a character fully-most characters I don’t want to assume because I don’t know what surroundings they grew up with and what influences are there.
Like I can make a bunch of guesses on Ezekiel but I literally have no idea what life is like or the people are like in Australia so that part of his life is just blank for me. I can’t make assumptions on his character because I am missing all the puzzle pieces (especially for him cause he’s a fun mystery to solve).
But backstory and understanding the influences of a character’s childhood is very important for me to fully comprehend a character, and I feel I can do that with Jacob. (Ex: OK is home to many tribes of Native Americans (yeah thank Andrew for that-_-) so Jacob likely grew up with that culture always present (as seen when the Choctaw are protesting Isaac’s work site) and it possibly could’ve influenced him in wanting to learn more about Native American art). —-(I deleted a whole paragraph out here that had nothing to do with the Librarians and more to do with the ignorance of Americans to Native American culture and suffering)
And now I am officially off topic! I have rambled so much I’m sure you are tired by now, but thank you a lot for talking to me! I hope this cleared up something (sorry my brain isn’t as sharp as it has the potential to be) and I want to invite you to talk anytime with me!
1) What is your favorite book of all time?
I have three I really love… but I think ACOMAF wins. I love that book with all my heart
2) What are you currently reading?
Jane Eyre, which I thought would be boring but I was so wrong!!
3) Have you ever thought about writing a book?
All. The. Time. I just struggle so much with originality I think
4) What is your favorite series?
I have three really: ACOTAR, Throne of Glass and Tiger’s Curse
5) Book you want to read?
ALL THE BOOKS
6) What is on your TBR pile?
I don’t technically have one? I just see books that I think will be interesting and I pick them up
7) Favorite fictional characters?
Kishan (Tiger’s Curse), Nesta and Cassian (ACOTAR) and Aelin (Throne of Glass)
8) Favorite ship?
*sweats nervously* Feysand or Nessian
9) Open the first page of the book closest to you and write down the first paragraph: “Helen could see what she guessed was the River Styx just off to her left. It was a roaring torrent, riddled with icebergs. No sane person would date swim across it. Feeling stranded, she limped around in a tight circle. A quick scan of the horizon showed there was no one else on the barren plain.” (In book 3 of the Star-Crossed Series by Josephine Angelini, another WONDERFUL series)
10) What was your first fandom?
Anyone remember the Warriors series with all the cats?…. yeah that one…
writing an autistic character when you are not autistic - a masterpost
completely double spaced version on google docs here – this post is more blocky for the sake of people’s dashboards, but still long so people will be less likely to glaze over it. my apologies if that makes it hard to read
things to look for and avoid in an autistic character
• symptoms only manifesting as “nonverbal and rocking”
• super smart / living calculator
• super dumb / doesn’t understand anything
• all the symptoms you can come up with for them are “awkward” and “has special interest(s)” (please do more research)
• trains, technology, and/or math as special interests
• acting like a child
getting treated like a baby
• unreasonably cruel and uncaring about others’ reactions to them being cruel
• if they’re comparable to sheldon from the big bang theory, start over
• animal comparisons
• a lack of feelings
• please no stories about what it’s like to be autistic told by allistics
the right way to write an autistic person
• lots of symptoms, including secondary ones not included on a general diagnosis requirement list (here’s a list i rather like that was made by an autistic person – their blog is also a good resource)
• having a good amount of general knowledge and actually talking about it (i cannot believe that i have to say this)
talking about things outside of special interests (again…. come on……….) (special interests are usually the default things our brains go to when theres no stimulation or we want to entertain ourselves – it isn’t literally all we think or talk about ever. if a conversation has no connections to a special interest, reconsider having your autistic character bring it up in a context that is not an introduction.)
explicitly expressed to be capable of attraction and romantic feelings – if your character is an adult, add sexual feelings to this point
capable of general functioning, just with a disability that makes it more difficult – not a walking disability (….sigh)
• a wide amount of feelings and emotional turmoil (but perhaps only being able to express it in limited ways)
• we’re people
• just people whose brains are wired differently
things to avoid in research for an autistic character
autism moms / autism blogs and websites not run by autistic people
any affiliation with autism $peaks means you should walk away and never look back
a scientist trying to create explanations for what autistic people do without actually asking / not mentioning asking autistic people
• anything about a cure for autism
• a person that “worked with autistic kids” phrased in the same way as “worked with animals”
• talking about autistic people as if they are mysteries, are like animals, or are otherwise othered weirdos instead of people
things to look for in research for an autistic character
actual autistic people talking about their experiences and symptoms
• just stick to that and you’re good but it’s hard to find sometimes ngl. just look for the above red flags
things i would personally like to see in an autistic character
• less easy to swallow sadness and more destructive anger. i would love to see a canonically autistic character who was frustrated easily by small things and had trouble communicating why •
not a story about being autistic, a story that happens to have a character or characters who are autistic – it isn’t pointed out or questioned, they’re right at home with the rest of the cast and not othered (a la symmetra from overwatch) •
intensive sensory issues / small sounds making large reactions • clear communications about not liking x sensory thing (for example being touched) •
poor motor skills / clumsiness and not being laughed at for it • walking funny (body bent downwards, walking very fast, walking slowly,
big strides, shuffling, stiffness, etc) – no one treats it as if it’s funny or something totally strange • a big personality that has a presence so they can’t be cast aside (but feel free to have quiet characters too) – if this was along with being nonverbal they would probably leap to being one of my favorite characters ever • a fear of asking for clarification on sarcasm or jokes because of past experiences and an arc about the character becoming more comfortable asking questions
>> if any fellow autistic people want to add something, feel free <<
So recently, I re-listened to the entirety of TAZ in prep for the ending and took notes; as we head into the finale next week, I wanted to share them! This is a comprehensive look at every plot thread, bit of foreshadowing, and yet-unresolved ideas as we head into endgame. This involves heavy spoilers through the most recent episode (66) and assumes you have already listened or read the content before.
i think one of the reasons why female shepard going through all of ME affects me more than male shepard is bc while men are expected to carry the weight of the world Stoically, women are expected to handle Everything- to handhold and take the blame onto ourselves and, when put in positions of power, act just as stoically. jane's story KILLS me because it's a completely plausible story- she suffers and she suffers and is told she's crazy and when everything's gone to hell she still has to fix it
i’m attached to femshep primarily BECAUSE i feel like her story is just a tad bit more powerful when you portray shepard as a woman.
like i’ve seen men talk about mass effect and how disrespected the council made them feel. the council brushed shepard off, called them crazy, and then came crawling back when shit went awry. “why didn’t they just believe them in the first place?” they say, “the evidence was there, and they blew shepard off.”
meanwhile EVERY single woman i’ve talked to about mass effect related to shepard. she was slandered, spit on, and told she was delusional. almost every woman has been called crazy for seeing a problem that ‘wasn’t there’, whether it was a family issue, a societal issue, or even a business issue. and then, in the end, shepard had to clean up the mess anyway.
and while maleshep’s story rings a little bit cliche– man saves the galaxy through sheer force of will– it feels…. stronger, more original, more powerful as femshep. this woman was backhanded and gaslit so many times, and she still rose up and did the impossible anyway.
bioware has a fuckton of problems, and i know there were issues with how they treated femsheps character, but overall?
the mass effect trilogy, when headed by femshep, is honestly one of the most feminist stories i’ve ever seen.
Hello 😃 Sanji is my favorite character ever and I also really love Chopper (he is especially cute in your style !!!) Could you draw them together please ? Something about food or cigarettes (smoking is bad, doctor Chopper doesn't approve) ; whatever just some Sanpper love.
Hahahaha. I love your idea.
Bet Sanji can never say no to this little cutie who cares so much about him!
Maaaak, do you like shoujo? ♥ (I think you mentioned it to me once, but I'm not sure) if you do, what are your favorite anime/mangas?
LONG POST AHEAD!
I do like shoujo :3c ♥ ♥ ♥ i’ve loved shoujo ever since Cardcaptor Sakura ~ (that was one of my fave childhood animes
here’s a list of my favorite ones (so far, in no particular order):
1. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster the theme song is sooooooo catchy and adorable and so rainbow-y! there’s a maka look alike! (she’s in my header btw), and haru is just the sweetest dorkiest anime character. i have a soma au for this. and there is a love triangle. i need a season 2. i am dying. save me. this has been one of my favorite shoujo animes for a long time ♥
2. Kyoukai no Kanata / Beyond the Boundary it’s kind of not a typical shoujo, because it has a lot of action in it- but the art & animation style is just #artgoals and #gorgeous and the characters are so lovable i could scream. also i have not watched the movies yet but i would so love to watch them soon
3. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i honestly would recommend the manga (since it’s better than the anime), but i love the ending song???? it’s so catchy and i will make a soma animation for it one day. this was honestly the inspiration for my mak persona! i only recommend it if you read a bit of the manga and want to see it animated
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso / Your Lie in April if you’ve seen tumblr posts and gifs about this and know a thing or two about the story, then you know why this is my fave. the art and animation style is AHMAZING, the story is sooooo good??? (feels though im warning you) the ending could have been a little bit slower? but it still wraps up the anime very well, it gives all the characters closure. (did i mention the characters are all lovable too??). also i want to animate the theme song for soma au not gonna lie
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair the ones who produced this was the same animation studio that handled Soul Eater!! (studio bones)!! girl power tbh shirayuki (the red haired girl) is such an independent girl
i love her. also there’s a white haired boy who i think you’ll love cuz he is already one of my cinnamon rolls. freaking potential SoMa au i tell u (there are 2 seasons but i wish for another one) (also i love shirazenobi) (casually tags @l0chn3ss)
6. Nisekoi / False Love soul’s VA is the same as the male main character’s VA. nuff said. no but seriously i love every single character here. it’s the only harem i would dare to watch. it’s so funny and light-hearted and the plot will keep having twists. it’s really fun to watch. @l0chn3ss, @flamedork and i made a SoMa au for it last soma week :D the anime ending had something missing to it, but i believe you’ll still enjoy it nonetheless
7. Nagi no Asukara / A Lull in the Sea OKAY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TBH out of all of the shoujo animes i listed as my fave, this one takes the cake. i actually did not expect any of the twists, and the story goes really deep. the ending could have gone better tbh (im so salty about how it ended too quickly), but the characters and how everyone interacts, it just makes you keep wanting to watch it D: (plus! the art style is adorable im crying about it. the animation of the waves and the sea– and the opening and ending themes are soooo cool
8. Cardcaptor Sakura oldie but goodie! there’s also a reboot coming up (or a sequel i think? based on the new Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Cards manga- which is so amazing for people who love nostalgic shows) idk if i can say any more about it, but it’s a magical girl story! and i love every single character. syaoran is my blushy-blush child.
9. Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru / This Art Club Has a Problem! this was one of the most recent i’ve watched and it’s totally not like all the others. mainly because… it’s just so random? it’s a school anime about an art club and i just love the characters and the randomness of it all. i totally ship these two who are just so cute together but the guy is too dense. eurghhh (this anime has a manga but i havent read it so i cant say much about it)
10. Tamako Market this is one of the cutest shoujo i’ve ever seen. oh my gosh- you will love tamako. for sure. also! the animation is so fluid and adorable! the opening will make u puke rainbows bc of the cuteness, and the ending is so aesthetic, every scene would be worthy for a gifset. the story is different for a school type anime (it’s more centered on the marketplace tamako lives in) and it revolves around all the characters and their development and relationship to tamako :3
11. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (i’ve memorized this anime title) / We Still Don’t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw that Day (or in shorter terms: AnoHana) this anime is definitely one of the best ones. it will make you cry. produced by A-1 pictures, the same ones who animated this prized piece. you will definitely cry. it’s best if you watch for yourself if you havent watched it yet ;w; p.s. i love menma so much hrhrrrr
1. Hirunaka no Ryuusei / Daytime Shooting Star the art style of this manga is my aesthetic tbh. the characters and the love triangle is my fave part– for me, ending could have been less rushed tho (i will fight for mamura) (just a warning, there’s a teacher-student thing going on)
JUST LOOK AT THE ART STYLE DAMN
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster yeah this has a manga too! i love the characters and the love triangle too (you can see i have a type), and the art style is so lit, you’re gonna love it. i don’t remember if i loved the ending, but yeah it’s completed as well
3. Taiyou no Ie / House of the Sun i don’t remember much of the story anymore (since it was such a long time ago since i last read it), but the art style is so cute it will give u cavities. it’s kind of weird since the couple may seem like siblings, but eh, they’re just really close childhood friends. if you like domestic fluff, you will love this.
4. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i basically love the character development. the art style also gets better over time and the story so far is going through so many twists. i have not caught up too much so pls no spoilers :“)
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair yeah this has a manga too! right now the manga is still ongoing so it’s not too late to catch up :”) i also need to catch up though hehe
6. Nisekoi / False Love it also has a manga!! if the anime is super good, then the manga is so much better. it handles so much character development and i seriously got addicted to it the more i kept reading. unfortunately it’s finished (i wanted to see more heh), but the ending is kept with good closure for each character (for a harem, that’s a blessing), but it also depends on who you’re betting on for raku ;w;
(not sure if i should add this but i want to talk about it :>)
1. Kimi No Na Wa / Your Name have i talked about this enough? no? well im gonna talk about it anyway
it’s so amazing. i literally screamed all throughout (well maybe not really). the animation. the voice acting. the characters. the designs. the music. the aesthetic. the story. THE STORY AGH you will cry. or at least be moved.
2. Koe no Katachi / A Silent Voice this movie gave me a great hype tbh. even though the ending could have been a bit more thought out (as you can see i have such a high standards for endings), the story and the feels totally made up for it. it deals with a more serious topic than Kimi No Na Wa but it’s worth the watch esp if you like crying good animation and friendship-type shoujos (but u will have feels. i promise).
Mrs. Baker is so underrated she’s honestly probably one of my favorite characters. you really see her change from the past episodes to the present episodes. she’s so happy and she’s glowing but after her daughter dies not only her personality but her appearance goes to shit. she’s been through quite possibly the worst thing any parent could ever go through; finding your own son or daughter dead after they killed themselves. now all she’s gonna be thinking the rest of her life is what did i do wrong. hannah’s parents honestly deserved so much more then they got.
I have to say it I wasn’t that much fan of comedy as a genre since I love tragedy and sad anime mores but once in a while we all need a good anime to make us laugh loudly:D. I became a fan of the genre after watching gintama I guess but I wanted to share some others anime that made me literally cry for the too much laugh.
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
I literally fell in love with the anime. The comedy is great, the characters are awesome and special in their own way. And oh tanaka, his seiyuu (ono kensho) was awesome as always, no need to say he is one of my most favorites ever lol.
For high school student
Tanaka, the act of being listless is a way of life. Known for his
inattentiveness and ability to fall asleep anywhere, Tanaka prays that
each day will be as uneventful as the last, seeking to preserve his lazy
lifestyle however he can by avoiding situations that require him to
exert himself. Along with his dependable friend Oota who helps him with
tasks he is unable to accomplish, the lethargic teenager constantly
deals with events that prevent him from experiencing the quiet and
peaceful days he longs for.
[Written by MAL Rewrite]
Whatch it if you’re searching for:
Fluffy dramma with some hints of romace
The art is so cute and on point
The gags are hilarious and quite original
Watch it for the amazing brotp
You only need tanaka as a reason tho , he is the real Mvp, I’m quite fond of him
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Meet hoozuki one of the most badass characters I’ve seen in anime. This was such a fresh breath of air. I mean, how often do you see the king of
hell being treated like a little punk Lmao. And they announced it will have a second season yay
Hell is a bureaucracy, and
business is running smoother than ever thanks to the demonic efficiency
of Hoozuki, chief deputy to Lord Enma, the King of Hell. Whether
offering counsel to the Momotarou of Japanese folklore or receiving
diplomatic missions from the Judeo-Christian Hell, the demon who runs
the show from behind the king’s imposing shadow is ready to beat down
any challenges coming his way into a bloody pulp. Metaphorically, of
The poster boy for micromanagement and armed with negotiation skills worthy of Wall Street, Hoozuki no Reitetsu
follows the sadistic and level-headed Hoozuki as he spends his days
troubleshooting hell. With an abundance of familiar faces from popular
Japanese legends and East Asian mythology working middle management
positions, this referential and anachronistic dark comedy brings new
meaning to the phrase “employer liability.” Just how hard could it be to
manage employees from hell, anyway?
[Written by MAL Rewrite]
For the fans of tonari no kaibutsu kun, they also made an apparence in hoozuki
Watch it if you’re searching for:
Badass yet not overpowered as fuck characters
For the great comedy
Watch it if you’re interested in the japanese folklore
The lovely and refreshing artstyle
Watch it for those two Lmao, You will laugh until your stomach hurts, I garantee that
Thi anime is such a gem and yet noone seem to know it bruh. The characters were all crazy and yet tender. The comedy is great and I love how they want to break most of the tropes in comedy anime Lmao
Kohina Ichimatsu, the
self-proclaimed doll, called out the fox ghost Kokkuri-san with a
suspicious incantation! But it was a story of the past where Kokkuri-san
was able to answer any question you had. Nowadays, it relies on a
certain search engine, but is actually bad at anything digital. He was
going to possess Kohina, but got worried about her living all alone and
devotes himself to do chores as if he was her mother. On top of that,
the dog ghost Inugami who is infatuated with Kohina and the old
good-for-nothing supernatural raccoon dog Shigaraki decide to root
themselves with her as well!
Watch it if you’re searching for:
The lovely character devolpment of the main protagonist
The fluffy yet adorable bonds that the anime manages to create
Attractive spirit struggling with a mid-life crisis due to him fearing for his relevance in the the modern world
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV)
The only anime that managed to make me laugh this much was gintama. This is literally a masterpiece Lmao since it never fails to make you laugh
To the average person,
psychic abilities might seem a blessing; for Kusuo Saiki, however, this
couldn’t be further from the truth. Gifted with a wide assortment of
supernatural abilities ranging from telepathy to x-ray vision, he finds
this so-called blessing to be nothing but a curse. As all the
inconveniences his powers cause constantly pile up, all Kusuo aims for
is an ordinary, hassle-free life—a life where ignorance is bliss.
Unfortunately, the life of a psychic is far from quiet. Though Kusuo
tries to stay out of the spotlight by keeping his powers a secret from
his classmates, he ends up inadvertently attracting the attention of
many odd characters, such as the empty-headed Riki Nendou and the
delusional Shun Kaidou. Forced to deal with the craziness of the people
around him, Kusuo comes to learn that the ordinary life he has been
striving for is a lot more difficult to achieve than expected.
[Written by MAL Rewrite]
Watch it if you’re searching for:
4th wall, what was it again?
Similiar comedy to gintama, you will love them both
Aparody of the genre itself
An amazing protagonist whose sasiness is his fashion Lamo
Just go and watch this hidden gem now, you will underastand immediatly why it is so good.
English isn’t my first language so I hope you will make it through the grammatical mistakes
My first time ever playing a tabletop RPG, and it was Call of Cthulhu. Our players were on a cruise to Rio before getting shipwrecked, and a friend and I were running a married couple. There were a lot of funny moments that came from this, but this one is my favorite. For reference, we’re at the ship’s glass bar. My character is also almost a full foot taller than my friend’s.
GM: You hear the gentle patter of rain on the roof and see a flash of lightning before the ship’s power dies. The lights go out and you feel the ship stop. What do you do?
Me: Since I’m an actor, I scream in the most cliche, overdramatic way possible and-
Other Player: Wait wait wait, can you demonstrate?
Me: Sure? *Does the female equivalent of the Wilhelm scream*
GM: *laughing* Alright, there was an “and” in there, what else were you gonna do?
Me: Can I roll to jump into my husband’s arms?
GM: *laughing harder* Sure, medium Dex check, but he has to roll a strength check if you get it to make sure he doesn’t drop you. No offense, but you’re heavier and he doesn’t have the strongest build.
Me: *Rolls and laughs when I see my number* I critically failed! I’m gonna die of stupidity before the game even really starts!
GM: [Friend’s character], you hear your wife scream and feel her jump before hearing the sound of shattering glass. Congratulations, [my character] you shattered the glass bar and take two hp damage.