The Dancing Clown
Let’s appreciate the details of this scene together and share thoughts.
1) The blood drops approaching Beverly and dropping on her jawline and neck (also, remember that one blood drop on her bathroom floor as she is relaxing in her bath with her cap on during the “Dear God” montage, and she notices it?). Any thoughts?
2) The Lair, plain and simple. The tower of belongings, the wagon from centuries before, the floating victims.
3) Pennywise’s broken voice calling out to Beverly:
Step right up, Beverly! Step right up!
Come change, come float!
You’ll laugh, you’ll cry!
You’ll cheer, you’ll die!
Introducing Pennywise, the Dancing Clown.
4) That Pen-in-the-box that gets smashed by the wagon door. Now that’s a piece of antique, bearing the same clown face as that on the said wagon door. Was that the original Pennywise? :)
5) Pennywise with his fingers in his ears hiding among the fireworks and lights (poor Bill! - and to think that there exists BTS footage of him looking on and standing still while the flares and fireworks pop - I bet that must have hurt so they went with the cautious-Bill footage, with fingers in his ears and eyes closed).
6) That friggin’ DANCE!!!
In my mind all I was seeing and hearing was a mix of Cotton-eyed Joe and the Looney Tunes theme. I don’t know if the torrent of memes that hit the internet upon the movie’s release just made it funnier.
For me, that shit is hilarious! His grim (stablised) face makes it even funnier, even though that’s supposed to be the creepy part of it all. Beverly at this point is confused and irritated rather than anything else. I would have been clapping for an encore just to keep HIS morals up and not offend him, while slowly thinking of a subtle way out. Just what were you thinking, Penny?
Also, he hits that wooden theatre prop on the right with the second kick…LOL.
7) That Van Halen jump was all Bill (see one of my previous posts ‘Jumping Bill’ with all the details there). Damn, Bill! Is there anything you can’t do? You’re a treasure to behold!
8) His pouty face, sniffles, and irritation as soon as he does not smell fear on Beverly. And the jingle bells! ^^
9) That sexy, irritated threat, “You will be!”…he sort of loses the Pennywise persona there, at how irritated he is. His voice is more Bill than Penny. Now there’s something to exploit for fanfiction ;)
10) The deadlights face, mouth, and the lights themselves. Amazing! That’s one heck of a multi-toothed jaw! (In a Pennywise/Reader scenario, I think I would’ve thrown in a Mentos, LOL.). Jokes aside, can you hear the screams of the trapped souls of his victims? Patrick’s seems to stand out the most, screaming “Help me!”.
11) The gentle way his hands let floating Beverly go.