My mum refuses to believe that I'm trans. She says that I "don't show the signs" and that she doesn't understand why I feel the need to label myself like that, and no one realizes that she's just playing the victim. She offered to let me get therapy but only under the condition that she come to every session with me even though I'm not comfortable with that and have told her as much. I don't want to wait until I'm 18 for T because I get more depressed and anxious every day. What do I do?
I think you should take her up on her offer of therapy, because maybe the therapist will side with you once you explain that you’re really trans and you need to start hormones. I’m sorry she’s being this way, my mom was like that at first and it sucked highkey. I ended up having to wait until 18 to start T, and it wasn’t easy, but I survived and you can too.
What if someone is not supportive after I come out?
- Help, someone wasn’t supportive/won’t call my by my name/pronouns
- How to deal with parents that are not accepting
- Problem solving packet
- Parents who won’t use name/pronouns
- Interpersonal relationships
- Transgender Advice: Dealing with Unsupportive Parents
- Ally Moms
- Send them our for parents page (has reasons why starting HRT is important)
- A Letter to Parents Who Don’t Accept Their Gay and Transgender Children
- Rejected by your parents? You are not alone. (Leelah Alcorn suicide mention)
- How to help someone who forgets your pronouns
- Scientific evidence about gender/sexuality stuff