a short list of uncommon settings i want to run/play a tabletop rpg session in
- sci-fi, but like, spoof. galaxy quest meets hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy meets the most camp monsters from 1970s doctor who. there are multiple star trek references
- faction paradox-style intersection of black magic, post-apo, period drama and space opera. actually i’m already writing this one so
- gravity falls. (that’s written too)
- night vale. roll to seduce a scientist. eat wheat to transform into a powerful eldritch being and fight a deer. summon a puppy
- noir/neo noir detective story. on a serious note or a parody.
- something 100% surreal. what are genres. what are rules. i mean there are rules to combat/magic etc but the world looks like one of these cartoons in the intro credits to a monty python film and it goes borrowing from wildly unrelated franchises like frickin lego batman movie
- survival horror with all the horror tropes. all of them