RULES: Always post the rules. Answer the questions asked, then write 11 new ones. Tag 11 people to answer your questions, as well as the person who tagged you.
So I didn’t completely follow these last time, but I will now! ^_^
1. What are you studying or what is your profession?
I’m double-majoring in journalism and French. I honestly can’t believe that I graduate in a few months! 0.O
2. I read a lot of opinions about FMAB and FMA03 Mustang, but what is your opinion about FMAB and FMA03 Edward?
I don’t have too many issues with FMA03 Ed, other that he tends to be a little more whiny and immature than FMAB Ed. My biggest issue with him is his decision to sacrifice himself to big Al back at the end of the series. FMAB Ed would never do that. He would rather punish himself and continue to live on with the grief than leave Al alone. However, since Al conveniently doesn’t remember their journey at all, I guess it all works out?
3. Where are you from?
I’m originally from the United States.
4. What is your favourite film/book and why?
My favorite film is probably Howl’s Moving Castle. My favorite book, as I’ve said many times haha, is The Tale of Despereaux. I think I like them for the same reasons. They’re both pure, beautiful stories about love and magic.
5. If you get a role in the FMA live action, which role would you play?
Winry or Riza! But let’s be real, I’d probably be lucky enough to be an extra who trips over something in the background.
6. FMA03, FMAB or FMA manga?
FMAB because of the killer action scenes and sound track! However, it’s followed very closely by the manga.
7. If you get an opportunity to meet with an author who would you choose?
GAH THIS IS SO HARD TO CHOOSE!! But if I really must pick, I choose Robert Frost. He’s my favorite poet, and one of the few books I bring with me wherever I go.
8. Which fictional character would be your best friend?
Probably Winry. We’re both really good at fangirling over stuff. ^_^
9. Favourite fandom?
THE FMA/B FANDOM OF COURSE!!
10. When did you join to the tumblr community?
Good lord, four years ago this month with my photography blog. I’ve had this side blog since July.
11. Do you make fanarts, fanfictions, amv etc.?
Haha I try to make fan art and write fanfiction!
Ok! Now my questions!
1. If you could pick your name, what would it be and why?
2. Who’s your favorite minor character from fma/b?
3. Do you have a best friend?
4. What’s the name of your blog, and where did it come from?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
6. What’s your favorite part about your favorite fandom?
7. Which fma/b character do you think has the best style?
8. What’s the first tv show you remember watching and/or liking?
9. Which fictional characters have you fallen in love with?
10. What’s your rarest ship?
11. If you had the chance to ask Riza Hawkeye one question, what would it be?
2. What is the strangest thing you have ever done as a child?
Hm… this one’s tough. I used to dress my cat up in my doll clothes. Does that count? Oh, and I used to eat cat food as a toddler. So there’s that… Apparently I’ve been a crazy cat lady since my young years.
3. If you could change one aspect of your life, what would it be?
That my dad and I would have a closer relationship, that he wouldn’t be so bitter over the past. Sucks losing out on a bunch of good memories because of childish pride.
4. Short-term (immediate) goals?
To graduate college with my BSN in nursing on May 10th!!
5. Long-term (later in life) goals?
To see the world, hopefully as a travel nurse, and complete my bucket list.
6. What do you think is your strongest attribute?
My leadership skills. I’ve always been a leader instead of a follower, and it feels good to be able to take charge and make changes.
7. Do you prefer snow, rain or sun?
All of them!! Snow on Christmas Day, rain on a cool Sunday afternoon so I can curl up with a good book, and sun all summer long! Best part of living in the Midwest is that you can have all of that in a week! ^.^
8. Favorite food?
Pizza. Hands down. Can have just about anything on a pizza.
9. Least favorite color?
Uh… maybe orange? I mean, I like all colors, but orange is the one I probably like the least. I mean, nothing even rhymes with it. How can you trust a color that doesn’t rhyme?
10. Who would you say is a good influence or role model in your life?
My godmother. She’s my mom’s cousin and they are troublemakers together. But besides how close she is to our family, she also suffered a brain aneurysm years ago and we were devastated by it. But not only did she make a full recovery as if it never happened, but she also was so blown away by the nurses who cared for her, she pursued her dream of being a nurse as well, in her 40′s with two young kids at home. She is now healthier, happier, and an amazing nurse - which is part of the reason why I went into nursing.
I always told myself I wasn’t smart enough to become a nurse - math and science had never been my strong suits - but I figured, hey, if a woman who had a brain aneurysm and two small kids at home can do it, then so can I.
11. What are five things you can do today or tomorrow to keep yourself happy?
- Go to the gym. A good workout always makes me feel better afterwards. - Get ahead on my school work. Because procrastination has always been my downfall, and it’d be nice to be ahead for once. - Get some writing done. I’ve been itching to write lately, but I just can’t figure out how to start the next chapter. Writing is a solace that takes me to another world. - Drink some wine. Because wine is a girl’s best friend. - Laugh. A lot. About everything and nothing. Laughter is good for the soul.
Aww! These questions were so fun! Thank you!
Now for my 11 Questions!
1. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on? 2. Are you usually late, early, or right on time? 3. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do? 4. What do you do in your free time? 5. If you could do anything OR wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish for? 6. Have you ever done anything adventurous; if so, what was it? 7. What is your truest ambition, the one you want the most? 8. What is your absolute favorite holiday? 9. Who in your life inspires you? 10. Have you ever traveled? If so, where? 11. What is your vice?
you know what i hate? when white people in this fandom get praise for not having discourse on their blogs. like y’all think it’s hard for them to stay silent? no bish they couldn’t care less. and i especially hate when they reply all like “omgg i know this fandom is so full of negativity!!111!1″ implying that the valid criticism from fans of color is just mindless hate like… congrats on making your blog a safe space for racists Margareth!!!!
I wonder if in the years after the Battle of Yavin, and later after Endor, people in the galaxy start talking about the curse of the Death Star the way we talk about the curse of the Pharaohs, because everyone involved with it died.
The Death Star was originally a Separatist weapon developed for Count Dooku: Dooku died and the Separatists lost the Clone Wars.
The Geonosians built the Death Star: nearly the entire Geonosian species was wiped out and the planet sterilized.
Jedha provided the kyber crystals for the Death Star: the Holy City and a huge chunk of the planet’s population died.
Galen Erso and his team of scientists worked on the Death Star: they all died.
Orson Krennic was in charge of building the Death Star: he died (cause of death: Death Star).
Tarkin took control of the Death Star: he and everyone on the Death Star died.
Jyn and Cassian and company got their hands on the plans: they died, along with, presumably, most of the population of that hemisphere of Scarif.
Emperor Palpatine ordered the construction of the Death Star and later the Second Death Star: he died, along with, presumably, most of the people on the Second Death Star.
Darth Vader was on both Death Stars: he died.
Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca were all on one or both of the Death Stars at some point in time: well, they might not have been responsible for the thing, but man, did their lives get fucked up, but props for surviving the CURSE OF THE DEATH STAR. Er, mostly. For longer than most people, anyway, sorry, Han.
Some people say it was the curse of a dying Geonosian queen, others the will of the Force in revenge for Jedha, others Saw Gerrera’s dying words, others some twisted dark magic of one of the Emperor’s defeated foes – or Dooku’s – or the Jedi’s – because curses don’t have to make sense, but damn, if the rumor doesn’t get around once some of the Death Star’s history starts to get out to the general public.
in victor’s mind, they’re engaged. they’re going to get married. there is literally nothing more he can do to show his love to yuuri. nothing more he feels he has to do. he is secure in their relationship. he assumes the same for yuuri. when he says “we’ll get married after you win the gold” he (obviously) doesn’t literally mean that yuuri winning the gold is a condition to their marriage, he means it as a lighthearted, motivational joke of sorts.
look at his face when he says it.
“ne, yuuri?? ;D”
he doesn’t realize he’s just unintentionally reinforced the conditionality of his love for yuuri’s anxiety.
he’s kind of an oblivious ditz where the impact of his words and deeper emotional shit come in, as has been very well established at this point.
so of course now, at the grand prix final, after having essentially told yuuri the night before that the ring on his finger symbolizes their eternal bond, he is perfectly content with paying more attention to the event than to yuuri.
he’s off in his own lil world (again). he literally cannot fathom that yuuri would feel insecure in their relationship at this point, and for the most part, reasonably so– he pretty much just proposed the night before. so he’s thinking about his future and his friends and shit now that he has found the missing part of his life he was looking for: life & love with yuuri. and now he’s symbolically eternalized that bond.
so of course, the future and friends and competing are good and healthy things to be thinking about, yknow, not fixating on one person and one person only– when it is not at the expense of your boyfriends BLATANT ANXIETY THAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT IN FRONT OF U.
STOP BEING A BAD BOYFRIEND VICTOR. LOOK AT THE MAN IN FRONT OF U. LOOK AT HIM. HAVE U EVEN TOLD THIS BEAN ABOUT THE LOVE AND LIFE HE INTRODUCED U TO? HM? HAVE U?
AND YUURI, STOP ASSUMING YOU KNOW WHAT VICTOR WANTS AND WHAT’S BEST FOR HIM. TRY ASKING HIM, YOU LIL BISCUIT.
these precious tadpoles honestly need to get their shit together and i have every inch of faith that they will