Pretend your self doubt is coming from Thomas Jefferson’s mouth
If Lin Manuel Miranda wouldn’t say it to you don’t say it to yourself
Find some MomFriends™ to help you
If you have a friend (one like I did) that insults you but is also nice to you get them out of your life right now. No texting or talking
Write down a (insulting) name someone has called you as well as a (insulting) name you have called yourself. Every. Signal. One. You have been called write it down. Then tear up the list into the smallest pieces you can and throw them up in the air
Look up funny stories on tumblr or pintrest or anywhere else.
LOOK AROUND LOOK AROUND AT HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW
Write something angsty of fluffy
When in doubt Spearmint gum or any other kind of gum
When sad/lonely/depressed chocolate
Take a hot shower. No washing hair or anything just let the warmth come down on you. Put on comfy clothes and Netflix and just exist for a moment. Not live exist
Put on your favorite song that always pumps you up
Cry. Hard. And long. Just. Cry
Eat and Drink something. Bathing do it. Sleep. Get off YouTube.
Stop smiling just stop. You don’t need to if you can’t
Sigh dramatically and yell “LINE” “SCENE PLEASE” “I HAVE SEEN UNBORN FETUSES ACT BETTER THEN THAT YOU TOE JUNK”
HI!!! HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!
just a psa:: i saw my klance textpost floating around on Instagram and I wasn’t credited, my name had been cropped. it’s okay to repost on tumblr, but if you repost on another sns site please credit me because i’m not on most sns sites :) as far as i know, my posts have only reached instagram which means it was taken straight from tumblr. if you see it anywhere else and I’m not credited please just leave an ask or something. reblog 2 spread the word, thanks v v much!!!!!
how is tumblr a abysmally bad environment for politics??? literally everywhere especially anywhere on the internet is bad in someway and honestly tumblr is one if the best places one could go to, hell i wouldnt be half the good person i am if i never came to this site, most wouldnt, or would've just congregated elsewhere anyhow
I’m not saying Tumblr is comparatively
any better or worse than anywhere else online, but that it’s bad in absolute
People on Tumblr often talk about
important issues, but only ever discuss them on a surface level, failing to
provide any sense of nuance or theory that’s necessary to actually understand
complexities. As a result, a significant portion of Tumblr politics is based on a deep lack of context, detail, and historical understanding, often coming across as half-baked and simplistic.
People fully aware of the dynamics of this site often come
on and throw together buzzwords and half-understood concepts to make people
think they know what they’re talking about, and then once they acquire a
following and social capital, they use stupid rhetorical tricks to dismiss and
No one even makes an attempt to try and think through their biases, to question whether or not what they’re saying is wrong; you’re encouraged to form opinions purely to make you popular.
Instead of lots of people with different views engaging in
good faith discussion with one another, people mostly split themselves off into
tribal in-groups who actively shun and sanction engagement with conflicting
views. This entire website is a weird, self-sustaining bubble with a number of
smaller sub-bubbles within it, each of which forms an often-flawed consensus
and then considers skepticism of that consensus as evidence of malevolence. Every
disagreement is one to the death, every indiscretion is a call-out, every
critique is an attack. It’s pedantic and childish, it has nothing to do with
gaining knowledge and everything to do with showing off to your followers.
Finally, as a smaller criticism, this website is obsessed
with a really small spectrum of issues. It’s shocking at times exactly how little gets talked about on here. How
many posts have you seen about PewDiePie or Markiplier being shitty over the last week? How many have you seen about the major decline in Chinese-North Korean relations in
the last week? It’s something like 8-0 for me.People don’t talk about what’s most important, just what’s
immediately relevant, what’s most fun
to discuss. It’s all politics as entertainment.
A more targeted criticism for only part of Tumblr: the same as above applies to a very limited spectrum of ideas being covered on here, largely due to the disproportionate size of the far-left on here. Like, if you can describe the views of Karl Marx to me but cannot describe the views of, like, William F. Buckley or Milton Friedman, then you do not understand American politics. No one makes an effort to actively read or understand the ideas of people they disagree with, even when those people’s views are extremely important to understand when trying to figure out how the world works. Instead, a lot of this site is focused on this aestheticized worship of dead communists than they are in learning about any ideas actually having an impact on the world we live in right now.
How can you treat a heartbreak/depression/existential crisis?
My 21 Tips on Keeping Your Shit Together During Depression
1) Know that you’re not alone. There are people who are depressed, people who have been depressed, and people who just haven’t been hit with it yet.
2) Understand that the Happy People are usually acting out of some genuine (albeit misguided) concern for you, that it’s coming from a good place, even if the advice feels like you’re being blamed for your disease. Telling you these things makes them feel better, even if it makes you feel like shit. (If they insist on keeping it up, see #12.)
3) Enlist the help of a professional. See your doctor. You need to talk about the ugly stuff, and there are people paid to listen and help you find your way to the light at the end of the tunnel. Know that it takes time to find someone you trust even if it is a professional. There are a lot of judgemental scum bags so don’t lose hope and keep looking until you find your person
4) Understand that antidepressants will only do so much. They’re useful, they’ll level you out and give you the time you need to figure out your own path to getting well. They can be helpful. There are lots to choose from. They may not be for you, and even if they are, they take some time to kick in. Conversely, they may not be for you. Work with your doctor. Just keep in mind tho there are a lot of risks and I can go into them if you want but all in all just do your research.
5) Pick up a paintbrush, a pencil, an activity you got joy from in the past and re-explore that. Or, sign up for the thing you always wanted to try. There is a long history and link between depression and creativity. It’s a bright light of this condition, so utilize it to your best advantage.
6) Eat nutritionally sound, regular small meals. If you’re having trouble eating, try to focus on what you’d like to eat. I went through a whole couple months of just eating spaghetti. It wasn’t a lot and it was once a day but it was something. My weight is something that I have always struggled with because when I get stressed/depressed/ or have anxiety I cannot eat, and it is honestly the worst. However, for the people that if all you want to do is scarf down crap, try to off-ramp it by downing a V-8 and doing #9 for 15 minutes, and see how you feel. Eating horribly will make you feel worse, I promise. Please eat healthy and drink lots of water, it will give you energy.
7) While you’re doing #3, get some bloodwork done. If you’re low on iron or vitamin D, or if your hormone levels are doing a rollercoaster, these can all contribute to zapping your energy or switching your mood.
8) If you’re in bed and the “insomnia hamsters”, as I like to call them, are on the wheel of your head, watch Nightly Business News on PBS. This has the effect of Nyquil. Swap out your coffee for herbal tea. If you just cannot sleep, try the next tip….
9) Learn how to meditate. Start by focusing on your breathing. Not sleep, not thoughts. In through the nose, out through the mouth. Meditation is focusing on being present in your body, not careening around in your brain. It may not be as good as sleep but it will give you some rest and recharge you.
10) Face a window as often as you can – at work, at home. Look out into the world. Watch. Observe. Try to find something you find pretty or interesting to focus on. And, handily remember that one in five of those people out there feel the way you do.
11) Cry. Better out than in. Sometimes it’s not convenient or career-enhancing to cry, so find a private place as best you can and let the tears go. Carry Kleenex and face wipes and extra concealer if you wear makeup. You can always claim allergies.
12) Any “friend” who resolutely believes that your depression is because you’re lazy, because you’re not trying hard enough, who blames you for not bootstrapping out of it- that friend needs to be cut off. Polite (#2) is one thing, but there is a limit. You don’t have to explain, you can just not respond. You feel badly enough, you don’t need their “assistance”. Please just cut negative people out. No company is way better than bad company
13) Limit your time with people who drain you. You know who they are. Often you don’t have a choice- but you can put the meter on. And, subsequently, be aware of what you’re asking of those close to you.
14) Everyone has shit they’ve got to deal with. What you have been saddled with is your shit. Recognize, just as you’re not alone, you’re also not unique. The grass may look greener, you may be jealous or envious of others who don’t have to deal with depression, but you likely do not know everything that’s going on with them. So please keep that in mind. Keep a positive mind and remember that everyone has their own battles going on that they have to handle, in a way thinking this way can really let a lot of weight off your shoulders because it reminds you that there is so much going on in this world than your own mind and its relieving.
15) Let go or be dragged. This is an old Buddhist saying. It’s a very useful way to frame aspects of depression. Betrayal, anger, fear… letting go is a process – often a painful and difficult process - but it’s ultimately going to show you the path out of this terrible place. Repeating the mantra can help when you’re feeling gripped by these feelings.
16) Wear clothes that make you feel confident. SO IMPORTANT!! It takes as much time to put on nice clothes as it does to put on sweatpants. You will want to wear the sweatpants. Fight the urge. The whole “look good/feel better” campaign isn’t limited to cancer and chemotherapy. Or women. And honestly the more you put into yourself that the world can see the more you will get out of the world. People think its so superficial but think about it this way. Yes do not care what people think, but if people see that you don’t put any work into yourself why should they put into you, you know?
17) Avoid fictional drama and tragedy like the plague. No Grey’s Anatomy, no to The Notebook, or anything that won a Pulitzer prize. You’ve got enough going on In Real Life. Comedy only. Or trashy stuff.
18) Simple exercise, if you can. It can be something as simple as taking the stairs up a flight, or walking around the block. It doesn’t have to be elaborate, it doesn’t have to involve climbing a mountain or running a marathon. Baby steps. Also if you can get into yoga. So many mental and physical benefits.
19) Depression will lie to you. Depression will try to tell you what others are thinking. That you are unloved and unworthy, that others think little of you or don’t care – or even wish you harm. You are not a psychic. Keep repeating that. “I am not a psychic”. Repeat.. Repeat.. Repeat.. Repeat.. Repeat. The only way to know what another person is thinking is to up and ask them.
20) If you are well and truly losing this battle, reach out to someone. I’ve been the random friendly-but-not-close person who has fielded the occasional outreach. I like to think I’m not judgemental and generally resourceful, and others have thought the same, so they called and asked. You know someone like me. And they will help you. You can always come to me if you need to vent or need advice. Thats the great thing about tumblr if you feel like you dont have anywhere else to go.
21) Forgive yourself. I’m writing out all these tips, and I can’t always muster the strength to even stick my nose outside, or walk up the stairs, or eat my vegetables. Today, I got outside for ten minutes. I will try again tomorrow. And I will try again the day after that.
This list will not cure you. This list will not flip on the happy switch. God, I wish it were that easy. But steps like this will help and one day hopefully get you out of the funk, and you will be more stronger than ever.
I have something to say to you, my dear followers...
Today, I’ve learned about something and it made me ashamed… Truly ashamed.
I’ve been told someone had repost one of my comic page without credits on their blog. This is something I find very sad, but this is not why I’m ashamed.
I’m ashamed because, on my behalf/without telling me first or for some reason I can’t even explain, some people have sent death threat to that person for the only reason my art wasn’t credited. And I feel very bad about it. VERY BAD.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s ok to repost art without crediting or asking the artist. I, myself, don’t like when people repost my art for reason I’ll detail later. But I can’t agree with that and let people harassing other because they think they are some kind of justice warriors or I don’t know… We are all humans behind our laptops and computers and words can hurt a lot, you never know what the person you’re harassing is going through at the moment IRL or not and it can make so much damage on them… I just can’t accept that!!!!
There is nothing in this behavior that is related to the way I see modern witchcraft or the way I want to make you feel by drawing this comic… This is against everything I believe in.
Come on, be human for a second.
I’m feeling really bad about this… Really… Even if it’s bad to repost art without credits or approbation of the artist, this action doesn’t deserve death threats, like… seriously guys! WTH? I don’t like reposts and art theft AT ALL, but there is no way you can say something like that to someone because they did it!
I support artists who’s art is being stolen a lot or reposted all the time without credits on a lot of website or social media. It’s happening to a lot of my friends and it’s always sad.
I post my art directly on Tumblr so it can be reblogged from my blog Modern Witches Daily, with the proper credits and source. I feel uncomfortable with reposts on Tumblr because I created my blog to share my art with everyone not for other people to share it for me.
And most of the time, nobody asks me before doing it.
Even if the intention is good, it kinda hurts, especially when you see a repost with more notes than your original post and where you’re not credited. You can all understand that, I think. I put a lot of energy into that comic and notes are like… a reward, yes, kind of, it’s like… something telling me that people love my work and, as an artist (who is sometime going through phases of I-don’t-like-my-art-anymore), it’s very important! But how can I know it if other people share it instead of me and without credits?
But still, it’s doesn’t justify in ANY case that someone receive death threats in their ask box because they didn’t credited me. Ear me well, here and now, I don’t want you to defend me/my art by harassing other people on Tumblr or anywhere else, not on my watch! If you see a repost or anything, send me a PM on Tumblr and I’ll handle this myself! Alright?
I never asked for that kind of “defense”, and it hurts me more than anything to see how rude people can be because they think they are doing this for me or for the art community… But I refuse to be related to this kind of violence! I find this terribly wrong, no matter what the problem is here, death threats are not the way and never will be!
The day I’ll need your help will be when big companies or t-shirt printing websites will have their hand on my art without my agreement, and sell it. Then, I’ll need you to signal these actions, but I’ll never need you to send death threat to anyone, because this is very serious, terrible and shameful.
Thank you for reading this and I hope it won’t happen again!
You’re supporting me a lot and I don’t want a group of my followers to hurt other people for this kind of stuff. Please, contact me first before being rude to any other human being if you see uncredited reposts! May this be a positive lesson for all parts of this story!
Sorry for all those who aren’t concerned, I needed to be clear on that!
After my workout, I spent my morning arguing a very annoying parking ticket. Still smiling though because my new shoes will be here tomorrow and I kicked butt during my workout :)
Also, I’d like to point out how much of a safe space I think tumblr is. I would never feel comfortable posting sweaty, unflattering pictures anywhere else. I feel like you guys get it though and I can show me at all gross/sweaty/cute/put together phases in my life and I enjoy that!
30 Mins Cardio then Back/Bis
Bicep curls 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Single
Arm Row 3 sets of 15 Hammer Curls 3 sets of 15 Cable Rows 3 sets of 15 Lat Pull Downs 3 sets of 10 Smith Upright Row 3 sets of 15 Machine Rear Fly 3 sets of 15
Dark Times by @treenahasthaal (This one gets very dark and is different from the others on this list, as it takes a long time for Luke and Vader to actually interact and when they do it’s… not on the best of terms. But I still love it, and I find myself rereading it a lot. If you can’t handle somewhat graphic torture scenes, don’t read it.)
Hi! I just found your blog and your comics are amazing!! I was wondering if you post them anywhere else apart from Tumblr? Thank youuu!!! c:
I usually also post on reddit (r/comics) but I link to my tumblr posts anyways. I’ve been considering opening other accounts like instagram and such (I’d like suggestions on this actually). I just found tumblr to be an easy way to publicly compile my drawings in one place