FAN ART DUMP 2/3 !!
Aaaa omg i really cant believe that they wanted to see the reeest im so happy :“^000 !!
There is a "Kid N’ Leviathan” fan comic in here like i said. Its a crossover;;thingy like i said in part 1 of this dump ! (I hope youre ok with Pish and Aiden’s interaction thingieshh)
I will post the 3rd part of this dump as soon as I finish Sister Bites 4 :^D (thatsmycomicseriesincaseyoudidntknow)
I might end up expanding this dump to 4 or 5 because i found mORE SKETCHES i can color :^0
Aiden, Chris, and Ted belong to this cool person –> @z-t00n
(This whole dump is for them btw)
And Pish(the leviathan kid) is mine
Okay, so my favorite part of the “Are you joking?” line in season 3 is how it came about (and this is stretching the interpretation a little, but I enjoy it).
Like, Lance says whatever he does, “I’m not a goofball, I’m a cool, ninja sharpshooter!”
And then we have Keith. Socially awkward turtle Keith who is used to Lance explaining the ridiculous things he says to him. Keith, who at this point is like “omg, Lance, that’s a funny, ridiculous thing you just said. It must be a joke, right? Because you explain things to me and when you say something ridiculous it’s usually something stupid or funny.”
So Keith scoffs and says, “Are you joking?” in, like, the cutest, most sincere (yet humored) tone of voice possible.
And Lance just jumps ALL OVER his case, like “NO, YOU ASSHOLE, I’M NOT JOKING!”
And I can only imagine Keith was just-
And then -
And finally -
And poor awkward turtle Keith is continually doomed to be confused.
Saw Great Comet yesterday (7-30-17), and I just wanted to share some of my experience with you guys! I was sitting in the rear mezz, which I highly recommend!
*I'mma skip over a lot of the main details just because they’ve already been covered, but I’ll try to include things that were particular to this show/not often talked about.
• There’s a little vignette right before the show starts where Andrey is leaving for war, and it begins with Natasha screaming the most heartbreaking no you’ve ever heard in ur life.
• When Oak came out, there was thunderous applause. Like, it went on for at least a full minute. I was so happy.
• Also, hearing that first accordion note reduced me to tears bc I’m sensitive™.
• So lemme talk about Oak’s voice real quick. Someone noted that it’s this perfect blend between Groban’s smoothness and Malloy’s roughness, and I have to wholeheartedly agree. It’s absolutely beautiful. He’s a beautiful Pierre.
• Also, he plays Pierre with a lot of melancholy. It’s almost as though he’s always on the verge of tears.
• “He’s charming; he has no sex.” While the ladies are skipping around him, Hélène is conducting them, and it’s hilarious.
• “I pity you. I pity me. I pity you.” — Oak sings these lines so gutturally. His agony echoes off the very walls of the Imperial.
• “Pierre” received a long applause as well.
• GRACE MCLEAN DESERVED TO BE NOMINATED FOR A TONY AWARD!1! HOLY CRAP. HER VOCALS BRING THE HOUSE DOWN!!!!!!!
• The moment she belts her first lines, you know exactly what kind of personality Marya D. has, and that’s a tribute to her actress. Srsly.
• During the song, Marya will sometimes act maternally to Sonya, but the moment Natasha comes back into sight, she’ll roughly push Sonya away, and it’s hilarious.
• Natasha’s humming is absolutely heartbreaking. It’s one of the many moments in the musical when you realize how young she is.
“The Private and Intimate Life of the House”
• There were understudies for both Mary and Bolkonsky/Andrey, Courtney Bassett and Ken Clark respectively. They were wonderful. Ken’s performance especially stood out to me.
• “People enjoy me, though…” Before he sang these lines, he held eye contact with a person across from him for, like, five seconds, and it was incredibly funny. (Same goes for him patting his wig and powder flying into the air.)
• “BRING ME MY SLIPPERS! YES, FATHER. YES, FATHER. BRING ME MY WIIIIIIIIIIIIINE.”
• The audience interaction in this one is A+. Mary’s suitor and Bolkonsky’s cheap French thing draw huge laughs from the crowd.
• “They are there upon his head.” I’ve seen a few posts where people lament that the audience laughs at this line, but I truly think it’s supposed to be laughed at. Mary is kind of coy when she says it, like she’s laughing at it herself. After that, though, her mood dips, slowly sinking into this utterly palpable reproach.
• The audience was completely silent.
• While she’s singing her final lines, Bolkonsky is slowly making his way back to his chair, and your heart shatters as you watch. He’s clutching his back and using the railing for support. When he finally collapses in his chair, he kinda puts his head in his hands.
“Natasha and the Bolkonskys”
• Towards the beginning of the song, Natasha and Mary hoist chairs over their heads and join a table of people on stage. It’s hilarious. They really milk the awkwardness of the moment.
• “Constrained and strained” is so frickin’ good. When Courtney and Denée sing it, it’s really low and creepy.
• “Says the mean, old man in his underthings” drew huge laughs, especially bc of Bolkonsky’s hand movements. He kept gesturing towards his entire body.
“No One Else”
• Honest to God, I could write essays on how perfect Denée Benton and her performance of this song is. She emotes so beautifully. Her voice, her movements, her facial expressions all come together to create Natasha, a young, lost girl who wants nothing more than to see Andrey again.
• I cried (obviously).
• The blue light is absolutely gorgeous in this song. (The blue light is meant to be the moon.)
• At one point, Andrey shows up, and snow begins to lightly fall on him. He reads one of Natasha’s letters, brings it to his lips tenderly before walking away, and just behind him, almost able to reach him, is Natasha, her face the perfect picture of despair.
• Denée Benton.
• The applause after this song was long and well-deserved.
• Just for the record, songs like this one, “The Duel”, and “The Abduction"—where all of the cast members are out—are absolutely electric. The energy is incredible.
• “The opera, the opera…” Marya D. belts these lines so loudly, lololol.
• On one side, you can spot Heath Saunders as one of the opera goers, and lemme just tell you guys, that long, black coat suits him.
• “Hélène and Dolokhov arm-in-arm…” They aren’t so much arm-in-arm as they are passionately making out on stage. Omg. I love them.
• “Noooo, I’m enjoying myself this evening.” Pierre pumps his fist and smiles this absolutely giddy smile.
• When Marya sees that Natasha is talking to Hèlène, she runs up and pushes Nat behind her.
• To indicate that the “curtain rises,” some of the light bulbs retract. It’s a cool effect.
• I know the literal opera part of the song sounds incredibly weird on the recording, but in person, it’s more hilarious than you’d think. The actors are doing ridiculous things and making animalistic noises, lol.
• When it’s over, the spotlight turns to Natasha and Sonya. Sonya’s asleep, lolololololol.
• Right before Anatole comes in and around the time Natasha begins to “pass into a state of intoxication”, she hallucinates Andrey being injured during the war. The two circle each other around Pierre’s salon, simply gazing into each other’s eyes, and it’s intense.
• Anatole’s entrance is frickin’ ridiculous and amazing all at once.
• You know those measured beats at the beginning of his introduction? During each of those, he sharply turns his head in a new direction, ostensibly to show off his head.
• Also, his walk is literally a swagger.
• Either in this scene or during “Natasha and Anatole”, he caught a lady unaware and kissed her on the cheek. She jumped so badly, lolololol.
“Natasha and Anatole”
• During the intro of the song, Anatole checks himself out in a mirror before posing himself perfectly for the moment Natasha turns around to see him.
• Also, let’s talk about Lucas Steele for a hot minute. He is Anatole Kuragin, from his almost exotic voice to the way he walks. Out of the cast, I’d say that Steele is the one who plays the crowd the best.
• Throughout this number, Anatole and Natasha play the roles of pursuer and the pursued. Natasha tries so hard not to be wrapped under his spell. :(
• When he takes the flower off her head, Natasha makes a perfect :O face. I love Denée Benton.
• “And kiss me on the neck.” He does manage to get this kiss, and it’s really rough-looking.
• “How do you like Moscow?” Lolololololololol.
• For the most part, the two are roving around the stage (mostly bc Natasha is running away from Anatole), but at the end, they sit down next to each other, and it’s played as a really significant moment.
• “The Duel” is epic live. Holy freakin’ crap.
• The moment Dolokhov, Pierre, and Anatole clink their glasses together, the strobe lights come on and the real party begins. There’s intensely sexual dancing, half-naked people, and glow sticks everywhere.
• Y'all, I saw Marya D., in a skin tight, black costume no less, whip several people with a riding crop with my own two eyes.
• Also, in the very back of the rear mezz, there was, like, a threesome going on.
• The energy during this song was absolutely nuts.
• Sonya’s party outfit is so cute. It’s an almost innocent looking dress, and she’s wearing bright sunglasses.
• The ensemble echoing back “corpulence” is really frickin’ funny.
• Nick Choksi really highlights the psychopathic part of Dolokhov, especially in the “Here’s to the health of married women” sequence. His movements are jubilant but also shark-like. He and Hélène make out for a loooooong time.
“Dust and Ashes”
• Oak’s “Dust and Ashes” is an absolute privilege to hear, and if you have the chance, I would go and listen to it while you can. His voice could have shaken the entire foundation of the theater.
• While he’s singing, the entire cast lines up in the rear mezz to provide backup vocals, and it’s incredibly poignant. (Also, tho, Lucas Steele stood in front of me, and I died.)
• “Don’t let me die while I’m like this…” During these lines, Oak starts crying, and it guts you.
• There was a two minute applause for “Dust and Ashes”, and I was on the verge of crying just bc he was getting such a huge applause.
• Oak is perfect, okay?
“Sunday Morning” / “Charming”
• “Everyone sees a man!” Ingrid delivers this line so well. It got a huge laugh.
• AHHHHHHHHH, now here’s a symbolic moment for you. When Natasha says that she can see a shape in the darkness as she’s looking into the mirror, Pierre is standing up right behind her. Pierre is her future.
• (The moment Nat leaves, he sits back down.)
• Amber Gray can slay me, tbh. “Charming” is everything I could have ever asked for.
• When she walks in, the lights are bright behind her, and her hood is over her head, effectively masking her identity. It’s a really neat moment.
• The lights dim when she takes off her hood.
• Natasha is in her undergarments throughout the song until Hélène gives her her cloak. (Btw, Natasha looks gr8 in said cloak.)
• At some point, Natasha starts mimicking Hélène’s movements, and it’s adorable but also a really nice character touch. Same goes for Hélène snatching Andrey’s necklace off of Nat’s neck and exchanging it for her own pearls.
• This number was enchanting. I had a hard time focusing on the main stage bc the dancers in the rear mezz. were so mesmerizing in their movements.
• Also, tho, the ensemble dancers mimicked what Anatole and Natasha were dancing at times.
• When Natasha tries to run away from Anatole, he pursues her up the steps and forces their first kisses. She’s surprised at first, but gives into it with abandon a few seconds later. The kiss lasts a very long time.
• At the end of “The Ball”, Natasha and Anatole run through the doors together and then turn to face the audience. They’re holding hands. The lights are bright behind them.
• “Letters” is such a frickin’ jam, y'all.
• When it starts, the cast members spill out of the double doors singing.
• At the beginning of “Letters”, just as Pierre is addressing Andrey, Andrey appears at the top of the stairs. Pierre faces him.
• “I see nothing but the candles in the mirror.” For one of the very few times in the play, Natasha and Pierre face each other.
• The geometric symmetry in the choreography is really wonderful all around. For instance, at one point, Mary, Natasha, and Pierre are all positioned in a triangle, taking turns facing one another.
• Anatole’s love letter was an absolute showstopper. People were whistling, clapping, and screaming when he started holding those really long notes. Holy crap @ Lucas Steele!!!!!
“Sonya and Natasha” / “Sonya Alone”
• “Sonya and Natasha” is intense. I was on the edge of my seat for their fighting.
• “I’m soooooooooooooo happy, and sooooooooooo frightened.” Kill it, Denée!!!! (When she’s singing about her happiness, her arms are extended widely, and when she’s singing about being frightened, she withdraws into herself.)
• “I have no will. My life is his.” During these lines, Natasha is wrapped around an increasingly agonized Sonya.
• “Sonya Alone” is one of the most powerful numbers in the show, and you really don’t recognize it until you see it live.
• The theater is almost completely dark with the exception of a spotlight on Sonya. Throughout the entirety of the song, Natasha is ambling about, tightly clutching Anatole’s letter.
• Sonya never takes her eyes off of Natasha, and your heart can’t help but ache for both of them.
• Ingrid Michaelson is truly a wonderful Sonya—maybe not as sure as Brittain but she definitely doesn’t lack heart.
• On the first “I will protect your name and your heart”, Natasha stumbles on a stair, staggered by the weight of her friend’s words. Then, she walks to the opposite side of the stage, only to be completely stopped by Sonya’s, “I know you’ve forgotten me.”
• For the rest of the song, Natasha is still, her head inclined towards Sonya.
“Preparations” / “Balaga”
• When Pierre greets Anatole at the beginning of this number, it’s almost as though he’s caught Anatole out. Anatole had been trying to sneak past unnoticed.
• Anatole shaves in front of a mirror during “Preparations”, lol. At one point, he turns to the crowd with shaving cream still on his face.
• Dolokhov sings his arguments at Anatole very fiercely during this song, even more so than he does in the recording.
• I looooooooooooove “Balaga”. It’s such a wild performance. Paul Pinto moves with such agility and manic energy. The ensemble hands out the egg shakers during this one.
• “THE ABDUCTION” IS SO GOOOD. HOLY CRAPPP.
• Anatole singing “WHOOOOA” while swinging his green jacket cleared my skin, watered my crops, and cured my depression.
• The whole theater is absolutely alive with commotion. There’s a dance off between a guy in the rear mezz and a guy on stage that’s frickin’ amazing.
• People are doing backflips.
• Natasha smashes a painting on Balaga’s head.
• Marya and Hélène are making out.
• Pierre is doing a cute jig.
• It’s beautiful, beautiful chaos.
• When Pierre screams his “WHOA” part, everyone collapses on the floor, absolutely exhausted, and then, then, the most wonderful thing happens.
• Pierre giggles.
• God, I love Oak.
• “Wait, wait. First we have to sit down.” Anatole made room for himself next to a girl, which was hecking funny, but what was even funnier was that the girl leaned her head on Anatole’s shoulder. The whole theater dissolved in laughter. Anatole held the quiet for a comedically long period before getting up, and when he did, he kissed the girl on the cheek. It was really cute.
• When Marya entered at the end of the song, surrounded by this harsh, red light, there were audible gasps in the audience. People weren’t expecting her, lol.
“In My House”
• GRACE MCLEAN DESERVED A TONY NOMINATION: PART TWO.
• She acted her butt out through this entire song. I’m serious.
• Her voice is dangerously quiet until, “YOU LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU. YOU LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU.”
• The tension in the room was palpable.
• Also, all of the yelling you hear on the recording? It’s so much more intense live. It’s fierce enough to make you flinch.
• “Don’t touch me!” At one point when Natasha screamed this, she physically pushed Marya away, and Marya wasn’t angry so much as she was stunned.
• “Natasha’s whole body shook with noiseless, convulsive sobs.” She was literally bent over, grasping the railing like she couldn’t breathe.
• “And she threw herself down on the sofa.” Natasha stands erect with her arms crossed and her head buried in them. The spotlights focus on her, and that’s when Marya softens.
• You can see the fight leave Grace McLean’s body. Her voice is incredibly tender.
“A Call to Pierre” / “Find Anatole”
• GRACE MCLEAN DESERVED A TONY NOMINATION: PART THREE.
• Her face is absolutely devastated as she’s talking to Pierre. Like, I still have chills thinking about it.
• Also, Pierre is waking up from a nap at the beginning of this number, lol.
• “I have been… studying.” He glances quickly at the place he had been napping.
• The sheer power in Oak’s voice really comes out in these next songs. Anger and fear simmers behind the way he sings. A+++
• At the beginning of “Find Anatole”, he truly sounds out of breath. His body is fully bent over for a couple of seconds.
• “He can’t be married!” The absolute horror in Denée’s voice nearly slaughters you, tbh.
• When Pierre discovers Anatole and Hélène and gets mad, they start to run away.
• Pierre is livid when he finds Anatole and Hélène. I mean, livid.
“Pierre and Anatole” / “Natasha Very Ill”
• Pierre nearly throttling Anatole is a sight™.
• “Amuse yourself with women like my wife!” The spotlight shines on Hélène as she stands up and bristles indignantly. What an amazing character touch.
• During that long pause before Pierre apologizes to Anatole, Natasha walks right between the two and drinks the arsenic. A few moments later, it begins taking effect, and she starts screaming. It’s a terrible, convincing sound. She runs off stage. Marya and Sonya follow her.
• “FOR PETERSBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURG!” :’)))
• There was a pause between “Pierre and Anatole” and “Natasha Very Ill” while we all wildly applauded that C#. Holy crap @ Lucas Steele!!!!!!!!!!!!
• “Natasha Very Ill” is sad. Everyone is devastated, especially Sonya and Marya.
“Pierre and Andrey”
• Ken Clark is an amazing Andrey. He has a v. human approach to the prince.
• When Pierre and Andrey are trading insults, there’s a lot of affection between them. It’s really as though the two haven’t seen each other in quite awhile.
• Andrey’s somewhat tender tone continues until he asks Pierre to confirm whether the rumors he had heard were true, and when Pierre replies in the affirmative, that is the very moment when Andrey assumes his colder exterior.
• It frickin’ breaks your heart.
• “If you wish to be my friend, never speak of that again.” During “If you wish to be my friend,” Andrey’s voice breaks seemingly on the edge of tears, and then it hardens at the end as he jabs a finger in Pierre’s chest. The moment he does so, though, he immediately looks horrified. Did I really just threaten my friend?
• “Well, goodbye” is soft.
• CRAP. I FORGOT THE WORST PART OF THIS SONG. Behind Andrey and Pierre, Natasha and Sonya are standing in a darkened corner. Whenever Andrey refers to Natasha, she flinches and buries herself into Sonya.
“Pierre and Natasha” / “The Great Comet of 1812”
• “Pierre and Natasha” broke me.
• At the beginning of the song, Natasha slowly makes her way down the staircase, entirely dependent on the railing to get down. It tears at your heart. You can’t help but remember how lovely and vibrant she had been at the beginning of the play.
• The nightgown she’s in makes her look so small, and with her braided hair, she looks just like a little girl.
• Oak emotes his lyrics so tenderly, so gently in this one. His voice is always on the verge of breaking.
• “She began to cry…” Yeah, no. She sobbed, and you sobbed with her. Her whole body was shaking. She had to hold on to the rail.
• An interesting tidbit: Hélène is sitting right behind Natasha, and she has her head in her hands like she’s reacting to the sadness of this scene, too.
• “All over…” At this point, Natasha is walking back up the staircase, and the theater is absolutely silent. You could have heard a pin drop. Oak says the written line to her back.
• I’ll never forget the way Oak delivered it, and I will never want to either.
• His voice simply broke on “if I were free”.
• Pierre turns away from her, and then she turns towards him, slowly making her way back to him.
• During her last lines, Natasha touches his cheek, and it is sincerely one of the most beautiful moments of this very beautiful play.
• “The Great Comet of 1812” was moving, too.
• The theater very much looked like a beautiful night sky. The comet prop was stunning, too.
• Pierre sat down at the end of the song and gazed reverentially up at the comet.
This play was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life, and I recommend it with all of my heart and soul. Please, please support it if you can.
I’m gonna deconstruct this scene because I’ve been thinking about it ALL DAY and what the hell, I’ve got time. This clip demonstrates what I love most about Taika Waititi’s filmmaking and it shows off Chris and Tom’s chemistry in the fiercest way. It’s hilarious, sweet, bittersweet, surprising, and poignant.
1) “Loki, I thought the world of you.”
Even though there was an instinctive part of me that screamed, “OK, WELL, YOUR ACTIONS TOLD A DIFFERENT STORY, THOR” due to residual bitterness over what a dickbag Thor was in the first film, I’m 1,000% here for this line. I’m proud of how much Thor has matured, thrilled that these two are actually talking to each other, and happy that Loki’s hearing something he’s probably always wanted/needed to hear even though it’s bittersweet because Thor’s using the past tense.
Tom’s reaction here is SO GOOD. Just the tiniest shift in his eyebrows to indicate that Thor has Loki’s attention and he’s fucking locked in and hanging on to every word.
2) “I thought we were gonna fight side by side forever, but at the end of the day you’re you and I’m me.”
I know there was a minor (?) uproar over Chris’ comments that Thor will be “indifferent” to Loki in Ragnarok, but this scene seems to suggest a kind of acceptance rather than indifference. Maybe for the first time, Thor truly seems to have accepted that he and Loki are fundamentally different beings–and by extension, he’s accepting Loki’s nature. Yes, part of that acceptance means letting go and moving on (note: I did not say giving up) and that’s sad, but realistic I think. How many fakeout deaths and stabbings can a person be expected to withstand? “You’re you” is a significant break in pattern for Thor and Loki appears genuinely taken aback by it.
“You’re you” is a huge deal because to me, the brothers’ central conflict has always boiled down to the fact that Loki isn’t Thor (thanks, Odin, for exacerbating this tension). For Loki, that fact is a source of self-loathing and resentment, something that he can act out against and, as Tom has often said, define himself in opposition to.
By the same token I think it’s become clearer that what Loki thinks of Thor matters to Thor. For an older sibling, having a younger sibling who looks up to you and wants to be like you is perhaps one of the biggest indicators that you’re a good–dare I say worthy–person. Ever since Loki let go of Gungnir Thor has struggled to make sense of Loki’s rejection, to define himself without the security of having his brother by his side. With that in mind I’ve always seen Thor’s past attempts to bring Loki back to the “good” side as heartfelt and genuine, but also somewhat ego-driven and shortsighted because it came at the expense of Loki’s autonomy and self-identification.
Cut to now. By acknowledging that he and Loki are each their own person, Thor’s relieving Loki of the pressure and expectation to be anyone other than himself. In a way that’s a gift, but it’s also terribly sad because it’s accompanied by loss for both of them. Which brings me to:
3) “I dunno, maybe there’s still good in you but let’s be honest: our paths diverged a long time ago.”
It’s in this moment that Loki really seems to realize where this conversation is headed. And he doesn’t like it.
We know Loki lives to test Thor. It’s his (super dysfunctional and unhealthy) way of making sure Thor still cares about him. In The Dark World, Loki tests Thor’s assertions that he doesn’t trust him and has lost hope for him by … getting himself impaled. Yeah, “dying” was also his “get out of jail free, usurp the throne” card, but it’s not insignificant that he calls Thor’s bluff in the process.
4) “Yeah. It’s probably for the best that we never see each other again.”
Speaking of calling Thor’s bluff, I think Loki–because he’s a smart little fucker–says this in order to get ahead of the conversation. He knows what’s coming, so he pulls the classic “I’ll reject you before you reject me” move. But I don’t think he means it. It’s more likely that he’s trying to balance the scales so he’s not on the utter losing side of this conversation. And honestly? Deep down I doubt he can bear to hear Thor say it and by proactively agreeing with him he’s holding out hope that Thor will pull a “JK!” and change his mind.
5) “That’s what you always wanted.”
OMG THOR HAS GOTTEN SO SMART. I mean, I guess it’s within the realm of possibility that Thor is still really dumb about Loki’s feelings/motivations, but personally it’s more fun and satisfying to think he sees Loki’s test and raises him an even bigger one.
Loki’s face is so sad-funny. His plan backfired, he’s panicking a little, but he’s got to save face and play it cool, and he’s also legit sad because he knows this outcome is the culmination of his past actions and he did his part in paving this road for both of them. And at the end of the day he’s still the younger brother who doesn’t want to appear weak, so he’s doing his best to match Thor’s tone and attitude.
The moment when Loki lifts his chin and gives a little nod is a dead giveaway; never seeing Thor again is the opposite of what he wants, but he’s prepared to accept that it’s too late for anything else. It’s SO far from an apology, but for Loki it’s about the most mature thing we’ve seen him do.
The fact that for once they’re not arguing with each other is what made me tear up. It’s like they both know they should’ve had this conversation years ago, when it could have made all the difference, but at the same time they know that moment has passed. THIS IS FUCKING TRAGIC.
(If I wrote this movie, this would be the moment where they both dissolve into tears, fall on the floor, and cry-hug it out, which is why I write poetry and not screenplays.)
6) “Hey, let’s do Get Help.”
This was the beginning of the death of me, I will never be the same. I laughed so hard. On the surface this whole exchange may seem like just a gag–and it IS funny as hell–but I feel like it’s working on so many levels and reveals something deeper about Thor and Loki’s bond.
First of all, if you’re me, everything that preceded this moment was really uncomfortable and sad and almost unbearable to witness so I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that Thor and Loki were feeling some of that too.
What I love about this transition is that Thor immediately cuts through the tension, probably to put both of them at ease and bring them back into the more familiar territory of their rapid-fire banter. Loki seems a bit surprised but relieved.
IMO, this brief exchange of dialogue does more to convey Loki and Thor’s bond and establish their history than anything we’ve been shown in the previous films (not counting that deleted scene from the first movie). I thought it was really poignant to see them revert to/rely upon something from their distant past. You can tell this is an argument they’ve had a zillion times before. You can tell from the stunt itself that it’s something they’ve had many opportunities to perfect.
Even though Loki is reluctant to participate, he does, because he still craves inclusion and acceptance. Even though Thor is no longer quite as overbearing and arrogant as he once was, he regresses into that role so that he can get his younger brother back for just a moment. It’s like they’re consoling themselves without admitting that they want to be consoled. And yeah, on a practical note they also need to find a way off of Sakaar.
In conclusion, they’ve both just conceded that their relationship has reached an impasse with no real way forward, yet in the immediate aftermath of this supposed acceptance they choose to revert to an older dynamic that reflects presumably happier times. They don’t want to quit each other. This is fine. It’s fine. I’m not crying. I love them. The end.
I’m deep in my feels right now and probably projecting a lot (HI, HELLO, I HAVE A TROUBLED YOUNGER BROTHER, I’VE NEVER USED HIM AS A PROJECTILE BUT I UNDERSTAND THE IMPULSE), but even without having seen this scene in the full context of the film, it’s my favorite Thor/Loki moment to date. It’s what I’ve always wanted. It actually brings “We were raised together, we played together, we fought together” to life in a meaningful way, whereas in The Avengers I felt like those were just words.
that was the BEST omg, i love how this video was an extension of how phil feels when he takes selfies, like he legitimately can’t bring himself to take anything to do with his appearance seriously and he defaults to these exaggerated awkward poses and stuff in order to dilute some of his discomfort. i love how every ‘catwalk’ was him being super fucking weird to the point that dan even had to be like omg can u do one serious one?!?!?! and the butt wiggles were such a great part of this. he was out there being as silly as possible so that no one could possibly mistake him for someone trying to look cool or sexy ahahahha, and as a result he just ended up looking cute as fuck. it’s honestly so refreshing to keep being reminded that as persona-driven as AP is as a channel, at the root of it phil lester’s most authentic self is truly a giant dork and i love him with my whole entire heart
Whoa, thank you all. I love the cool stuff this fandom comes up with and love being a part of it with you guys.
I’m gonna do a follower giveaway but I’ll have to do it in a few weeks because I’m going to Asia in…3 days. So let’s see what cool stuff I can grab while I’m in Tokyo (omg yes I’m going to Kiddy Land).
Send me asks or whatever if you think I should pick up something from a particular fandom for prizes (if I see GF, I’m buying GF, but I don’t think I’ll see anything – so like? One Piece? Sanrio stuff? YOI?).
I’m gonna try to finish my remaining asks while I’m on the long flights, but if you want, now’s a good time to shoot me a simple request since I’ll be stuck in a tube in the sky for hours and hours and will probably draw when I’m not contemplating the liminality of being in economy for 14 hours in a row.
Reaction (EXO) : Their s/o debuting as solo artist
Lay: *everyone would know that you’re debuting and that you’re his s/o. He would be telling everyone about this. Everyone in China would know. EVERYONE.* “So my family is coming. Even my mom. Don’t feel under pressure. You will be great! I’ll be the loudest human in the crowd. I promise!”
Chen: *making sure that your high notes would be perfect; yours manager right hand; taking care of you like no one else* “Don’t be nervous. You’ll be great. I’m already proud of you. But remember, you can’t be better than me, okay?” *long hug before the debut stage; he won’t take his eyes off you*
Xiumin: *being with you while you had practices; paying attention to your every move, gesture and word; giving you advices what you should change and what is already perfect* “ I’ll be lookin only at you. I can’t wait to see you on the stage. Believe me, from this day your whole life will change”
Suho: *proud mom; makes sure that all of the boys would be there to support you; dancing with you; singing with you; people would talk more about how supportive bf he is than about your debut; #1 Korean couple* “See? I told you that everything will be fine! From now, I’m your number one fan and this won’t change”
Sehun: *gaves you “helpful” advices; propably more stressed than you but not showing this; admiring you all the time but when you would ask him what does he thinks about your debut stage, he would say “Not bad. It could be better. You mistook this move. Yeah, I would do this better” *proud inside but hyungs are looking so play it cool Sehun*
Kai: *he would like to be part of this big day of yours so propably he would be your backup dancer; you would make choreography together; he would help you with preparing to your debut* “We were amazing. NO! You were amazing! You looked gorgeous. Woah. This was the best day of my life”
Chanyeol : *proud, excited, can’t stay still, excited once again* “Okay guys, now shut up, she’s coming…. OMG, I can’t, she’s beautiful. Y/N chose my song as her debiut song. Now, high notes. Oh my-”
D.O: Chanyeol, shut up.
“Okay… But can you see her…” *never ending story about how beautiful you are*
Baekhyun : *helpful with singing, dancing and everything; he would teach you how to act in an interviews; making sure that fame won’t change you; the most supportive bf ever* “You were amazing today! Everybody already loves you! Who knows maybe you’ll be more famous then me?”
Kyungsoo: *smiling whole time; he would be very happy seeing how you’re enjoying this time; proud, day of his life, too shy to tell you how proud he is but you can clearly see this through his acting* “ I’ve enjoying your stage the most. You were like shining star.”
there are “big changes for tony’s technology [after spiderman homecoming]”. and i’m just??? what does that mean?????? what is his new suit in infinity war gonna be like??? like, is it compacted into the chest plate that we’ve seen tony wearing in the set photos of infinity war??? is it gonna be like the bleeding edge armour from the comics??? what is his new suit gonna be able to do??? omg imagine the possibilities..??? i fucking love tony’s technology so much. its so innovative and interesting and cool. like in iron man 3, he legit injected those repeaters under his skin that can call the suit (or parts of it) to him or to somebody else whenever he wants. like thats fucking amazing. i want that technology. but with the contents of my refrigerator. that would be #goals
I went to see Rogue One again (because I have no self control) and I live in Texas where about sixty percent of the population is Hispanic, so a father brought his entire family of four boys and two girls, all ranging between twelve and five to see the movie. The boys were all freaking out because of course its Star Wars, and they loved Cassian, talking about how cool he was and they loved Jyn (especially during her badass scene versus some Stormtroopers) but the greatest part was at the very end when they revealed Princess Leia. I wasn’t expecting it but all of the boys all at once jumped up and went “OMG! THERE SHE IS! IT”S PRINCESS LEIA!!! SHE”S HERE TO SAVE US!!!!”
These boys had been so excited to see Darth Vader, Cassian, and other characters but they lost their minds because Princess Leia was here to save the universe. That is what Carrie Fisher’s legacy is.
Y'all I saw the Great Comet of 1812 this afternoon
• ok so to get to our seats we had to walk up some stairs to backstage where I saw a Chandelier from another show it was real cool
• also we entered onto the stage through the giant doors at the back of the stage…you know the dramatic entrance doors
• the full cast was there
• I cried during the prologue
• so much was happening omg
• Oak fucking owning his accordion
• Natasha’s ‘spot’ was to the right of me so she was standing like right in front of me
• Lucas was to the left and was fucking gorgeous
• fucking Helene’s dress is even prettier up close like omg
• Dolokhov has better eyeliner then me
• the cast when sitting on stage is like right there like they are in your face and it’s beautiful
• also the mezzanine is fucking beautiful
• everyone in the room had such being smiles on their face during prologue
• then BAM it’s Pierre
• I also cried during Pierre
• fucking Oak owning the piano
• HE JUST HAS SO MUCH EMOTION AND I CANT OMG
• it was just really overwhelmed
• BAM time for Moscow
• it’s gets really quiet and Denee is standing in her spot again right next to me
• then all of a sudden Marya is yelling
• literally everyone jumps is funny as hell
• every once in a while either Marya, Natasha or Sonya would just come stand in front of our seating thing and smile
• it was so pure
• Also during the private and intimate life of the house the prince (too lazy to spell his name) literally was just whispering ‘not in my house, not my house’ over and over when Natasha entered
• ok nothing to exciting happened until no one else
• guess who cried
• the lights all go blue and Natasha is right in front of us and she just spins and in the very moment I swear to god a true princess was in front of me
• I cried when the fake snow starting falling like it was fucking gorgeous
• so the Opera
• honestly wtf
• so the guy who plays Balaga literally plays like 12 different roles and it’s really funny
• the Opera was still weird as fuck
• I got a piece of confetti from it so that was cool
• Natasha face during when the ights come up was funny as hell
• Anatoles dramatic entrance was great
•Also during the Opera Lucas got in some women’s face and she kissed him twice and Lucas just started laughing it was real cute
• literally Helene and Anatole during the Opera was literally sex wtf
• Lucas is also a really small person like he looks tiny
• then Oak looks like a giant like his hands are huge omg
• ok so the fucking Duel
• I still had no idea wtf was going on because intense strobe lights
• but at one point my mom fucking JABS me in the side so I turn to look at her and what to I see
• *heavy breathing*
• LUCAS MOTHERFUCKING STEELE
• RIGHT THERE
• LITERALLY STANDING AT OUR TABLE
• HE FUCKING SMILED AT US
• like he came down into the little seating thing we were in and shit
• so I’m freaking out and then I notice
• this boy be holding a whip
• there’s also a female ensemble member in the little seating area too
• this fucker WHIPS this girls ass
• like real Kinky
• Jesus Christ
• then all the lights came on and it was the duel like Jesus
• the actual duel part was pretty great
• DUST AND FUCKING ASHES
• HOLY HELL
• THIS SONG
• ok so the lighting is all dramatic and it’s really pretty
• then Oak starts singing and it was like angels came down from heaven
• like Dust and Ashes does not make me sad like I can listen to that song and be perfectly fine
• but I was just a mess like I was tearing up
• if you look at the mezzanine there’s the entire cast minus oak just standing in a straight line singing and the lights are dimmed over them and they look like literal angels and I was tearing up at the point of the song but then my dad pointed out the mezzanine and I fucking lost it. It was truly magical
• everyone was crying during that song
• I actually cried the foundation around my eyes off my face
• I was a mess
• ok so after that emotional mess we GO TO CHURCH
• literally Sunday morning is so funny to me
• like it’s all dramatic with Natasha and Sonya talking about the future and shit them Marya just runs down the stairs screaming ITS TIME TO GO TO CHURCH
• it’s funny as hell
• literally Marya and Sonya sit on one of the stair cases and pray for the rest of the song
• it’s great
• Charming is amazing
• Natasha is literally so fucking happy during this song like awwww
• Helene has a different dress on and its somehow even prettier then the first one
• like I need Helene to style my wardrobe
• the song is beautiful
• Amber Gray is a true angel like god bless
• to prove my point during the Ball Helene walks out with a pair of black and gold wings on
• literal angel
• the Ball was magical
• like Lucas was so hot omg
• and Denee was so pretty
• they started dancing and I started crying
• I got hit with a dress like 5 times by one of the ensemble girls but that’s okay because the dress was really soft and like I appreciated it • the very end of the Ball like the part we’re Natasha is like ‘I will love you Anatole’ that entire part is my favorite part of the entire show like it’s so beautiful and the notes just hit me hard
• I cried during that part
~ intermission ~
• still not recovered from act one
• letters was intense
• there were people everywhere
• a bunch of guys came and sat with us and handed out letters
• I did not get one
• I am sad
• but still it was great
• also Natasha and Anatole did the just say yes thing right In front of me and Lucas’ facial expressions were amazing
• I love Sonya and Natasha….the song that is
• the hurt on Sonya’s face was insane like Ingrid is such a good Sonya god bless
• Natasha got really fucking pissed when saying I hate you
• Sonya alone made me cry
• it made my dad cry
• it made everyone cry
• hell it even made Sonya herself cry
• so much fucking emotion coming from her it was amazing
• during preparations Anatole was just walking around with shaving cream on his face
• it was pretty great
• fucking Balaga
• we did not get shakers
• that didn’t fucking stop me from bouncing and fucking smacking the table in beat to the song
• everyone was having so much fun omg
• like the audience went fucking insane with the shakers
• good times
• Balaga did this thing were he slid across the stage and was right in front of us
• it was really funny
• holy fuck the abduction
• SO MUCH FUN OMG
• one of the ensemble members came down into our seating thing again and was like raise a glass…raise something literally anything just put something in the air
• it was fun
• during the part where Anatole is like ‘everyone raise a glass’ he held out the woah part really long and it was impressive
• also during that part Marya got really excited and was bouncing up and down and honestly it was so pure
• she’s so cute
• during the Abduction Marya and Helene make the Fuck out for like 3 minutes like amber gray had lipstick all over her face
• it was literally fucking insane during that song
• the second Lucas grabbed that violin I like yelped
• I was not ready for the green coat and violin
• so attractive
• during the ‘first we have to sit down’ part you could hear Lucas asking the girl in the row to move over a bit for him to sit and it was really cute
• “can you just move over a little bit. Just a little. Thank you so much.”
• the girl like laughed or something then Lucas started laughing and his laugh is so cute
• even more pure
• also during that song one ensemble member came down into our section, handed his guitar to the lady sitting behind me and said “ hi can you please hold my guitar just for a minute. I have to go dance. Thank you very much” it was really funny
• in my house was amazing
• like I love Grace McLean
• her voice is stunning
• she was standing really close to us for most of it and the hurt expression on her face omg
• Marya was very sad
• a call to Pierre was great
• during Pierre’s what’s oak kept getting like mad and it was really funny because during the last one is like balled his fists and like looked the Hulk
• the incredible Oak
• find Anatole wasn’t too exciting except for Helene’s costume change which now was literally just a corset and really short shorts and a long ass silk robe
• she still looked like a queen
• Pierre and Anatole is probably one of my favorite songs
• so much agression omg
• literally Oak just fucking slams Lucas down like five times
• It was quite amusing
• also Lucas’ hair got really messy during this song and it was really cute
• I fucking melted during the high note
• like shivers went down my spine
• it was beautiful
• Natasha very ill was really upsetting because it’s every character besides Anatole on stage just sitting down crying while Sonya sings
• like Helene was sitting by us and was just crying
• it was sad man
• Andrey is a prick
• not much about Andrey and Pierre except for at one point Andrey like pushes Pierre back and it looks so intense
• Pierre and Natasha
• I cried again
• Denee still looks like a princess even while in pajamas with messy hair and no shoes
• Natasha like sobs during this song and omg it was upsetting
• like Pierre is so gentle with her and Natasha just looks so fragile
• during the speaking part I just cried like omg
• the last song
• I fucking sobbed
• like Oak was so fucking good and the 'comet’ was so pretty up close
• generally the lighting for that song was beautiful
• so all in all I cried like a baby
• a lot
~ Stage door ~
• holy shit
• ok so they were filming for something with Ingrid so that was pretty cool
• I got to met Oak
• fucking kill me
• he’s so nice
• I love him
• also I met Ingrid
• she’s so pretty
• I met the girl who played Mary
• and the guy who played Andrey
• and Dolokhov
• and a bunch of ensemble
• it was great
• so after a while we were walking around and my mom was like look across the street
• the guys who play Andrey and Dolokhov were just walking down the street it was great
• also I saw Anthony Médina and he was taking pictures with fans and he was really cute omg I regret not getting a picture
EDIT:Okay so I write this when I was half asleep so that’s why it’s such a mess. Also I should point out that this was my second time seeing the show so this was a lot of little details that I noticed the second time round. Also I was sitting on stage at those little table sections to the left and right of Pierre’s parlor (that middle section on stage with the piano)
Heyyy Im probably going to ask this to everyone, but do you know some good mysme au-s- (for example: vampire au or somethin like that) that i could read? I want to like have variety on what I read... And you're such an amazing writer so... yeah
i don’t actually know that many, but i’ll tell you the ones i can think of right now?? (also thank you sm omg)
Remember that switchedonpop podcast where they talked about the "T-drop" "that is so Taylor Swift", Ready For It has it, the part "so I take my time...." the way she sang "time" is the "T-drop". Mean has it "how I can't sing", State of Grace has it "fades in time", You Belong With Me has it with the way she sang "me" and "see". Welcome to NY - the way she sang "beat". I just find this really cool, regardless of the genre you can still tell that it's Taylor based on this little thing alone.
uhhh hi it’s your local loser here again but this time im full of love (pls excuse the lack of a banner im. lazy and i have writing to do hsjfdsj)!! over the past few monhs, i’ve made a Heckton of new mutuals nd i want to appreciate all of u because you all mean a Lot to me nd make my crocodile heart sing, so here goes!! (im sorry in advance if i mess up your notifs this got too long nd im the worst :(()