- Yep, one of the best episodes of the series. Call me dramatic, whatever. But in my opinion, it was. The story was constantly moving and I loved that. That is all I need to classify a PLL episode as good. And, combined with answers.. they had a formula for success. I wished I recorded myself watching it because I genuinely had a smile on my face from start to end, and two particular reveals got a great reaction out of me. Even the romance scenes I appreciated. Ugh, such a good episode! So many feels. Happy, intense, OMG, frustrated, emotional.
- Well… after this post, you know where I’m off to… my unanswered questions post! Finally I get to cross off more! SHOUTOUT TO US TUMBLR FANS FOR THEORISING EVERY SINGLE ANSWER WE GOT TONIGHT WITH 100% ACCURACY!!
- I don’t know how you guys did it, but theorising that Ted is Charlotte’s father… what the hell! I always dismissed that theory. I thought it was too out-there. But it happened! I was sooooo shocked. I thought Ted was just a random guy from the church that liked Ashley. End of story. Apparently not end of story! Loved it. There is no way they had that planned all the way back then. I really do think that Ted was brought to the show just to be a love interest for Ashely. Then they created the Charles story and realised “oh shit, we need a male to be Charlotte’s father. Lucky we made a character like Ted!” I refuse to believe they intended to use Ted for more than just a pastor in love with Ashley. Anyway, not that that matters. I’m happy with this answer.
- Last week I complained that PLL has severely lacked good production since the dollhouse episodes; production in the sense of unique camera angles, music, etc. Well today they finally returned to its glory. The ending scene was so good and dramatic with the music, that camera angle where Ali finds her hidden puzzle piece and also when Mary steps out from behind the door to reveal herself with Ted… little things like that, I appreciate.
- The reveal that Lucas knew CHARLES… wow!!! OMG!! I actually said “no fucking way” for once in a few years in PLL. They’re going somewhere with this. Lucas built that board game, he is an app developer and has the resources/money.
- Another reveal that made me actually throw my blanket off and sit up… when they actually SHOWED that scene from 4B of Mary creeping up on Spencer!! We all kind of guessed that it was Mary in that scene, but to actually SEE the writers SHOW US that link very explicitly rather than let us just guess… it was AMAZING. I hope the series finale is like that, where they actually SHOW us past scenes like that, rather than expect us to make the links. Such a good scene, learning the backstory behind that.
- Mary killed Jessica. I knew it! I was not shocked one bit. But hey. After 7 seasons of this craziness, I am totally happy to take logic over shock. “Sydney killed Jessica!” like no. Get lost. Zero logic. Mary killed Jessica, yeah, I’ll take it!
- People are probably disappointed that it was Sydney under the hoodie… I told myself it’s not AD so I was expecting someone like that. I was happy with that.
- Aria going dark.. I’m all in. But please don’t cause a massive divide in the group. The small divides it causes now is fine, but I don’t want to spend the final 6 episodes with the girls pissed off at each other/Aria.
- Amongst all the storylines going on, they still managed to have scenes relevant to Archer. Thank god! See, that’s what we want. Forget the ping pong, and just keep us updated on other side mysteries like that. We don’t have to solve the side mystery, but just keep mentioning them in the ‘filler’ scenes. That’ll keep us going until the finale.
- I thought finding out who killed Jessica, and that Ted is Charlotte’s father, would be enough for this episode. Nope, they revealed what we’ve all been thinking since August last year! Emison fans on Twitter telling Marlene to go kill herself: fuck off. NEVER wish that upon anyone. As if I’m actually saying that. I know Emison fans are really passionate, and rightfully so, but chilllllll. Spencer said it very well: they are feeling violated. Emily isn’t saying “yippee, let’s have a baby Ali!!” Yes it’s controversial, yes it’s diving into areas of rape, but don’t tell a woman to kill herself.
- Not gonna lie. I did laugh at AD’s hoodie talking to Aria. The concept was cool but it looked far too fake. This show never is good with visual effects and stuff like that (*cough* CeCe watching the girls in the window in 610 *cough*)
- Shoutout to Paily. I really enjoyed their scenes. All of them. I was a shipper of Paily during season 4 and so this brought me right back to those good old days. Paige has barely smiled since she came back in 7B so it was so good to see her be happy for once.
- There was one thing that someone said that really made me think Spencer has a twin!!! I can’t remember what it is! I’ll rewatch later in the week and update you all.
- Thank god Ezra is being dismissive of Nicole. I mean, it’s sad for Nicole, but at the end of the day and putting realism aside, just get lost Nicole. Ezria is endgame and you’re just making PLL fans frustrated.
- Next week’s promo!! Directed by Troian!!!!!!!!!! Wren’s return!! “Every theory I come up with leads back to you” is Furey hinting towards a Spencer twin? Not that he knows, but if all his research keeps pointing to a Spencer, it’s only a matter of time before he finds something? It is in 2 weeks but I’m so happy because it means the finale is pushed out to when my uni exams finish!
- 9/10. I can’t give it 10/10 because I’ve forgotten what a perfect PLL episode feels like. It’s been way too long. Maybe this is what a perfect PLL episode feels like? Again, I can’t remember. But it’s up there!
- Sorry this is long, but hey, 6 to go. Need to summarise it all and it’s better than sharing thoughts all over the place with scattered messages. Compare this to 712, which never even got a post!
i LOVE UR HUMAN LIONS But i also just wanted to point out hunk calls his lion "boy" I STILL LOVE UR ART THO PLS DONT H8 ME *hyds under rock*
o dw omg i dont hate you!alot of ppl actually said that and the thing is that i may have drawn his lion “femininely” but i never said they were a female!they could be trans who knows! its up to interpretation
[ Maybe that’s just me, but I have the feeling that some people do forget that Viktor and Christophe are actually friends and know each other for at least 10 years. Like, I see so much about Phichit and Yuuri’s friendship but what about Viktor and Christophe’s friendship? ]
Guys, can we just take a trip back to when I met Aether?
Last night I was doing some reminiscing and I want to share this little tidily bit with you.
So when I had my first Ghost ritual I really didn’t know any of the members besides their symbols/nicknames. I was so new to the fandom that I messed up and called aether “new omega” once YIKES. So yeah, when I met them I really didn’t have a reason to be nervous or have any expectations at all. This was a good thing but also a bad thing. Like I’m glad that I wasn’t such a fan then because I didn’t idolize them or worship them like I do now lol. But because of that, I kind of wasted an opportunity to ask all the questions that I have for them now. *sigh* I h8 me lol.
I was just kind of content standing there against the rail by the tour bus chatting with these girls I met in the line. The boys (& girl) started coming out and signing things for the fans that were waiting and I had bought a poster just for the chance that they might. Earth and Aether walked up to me together and I greeted them. Earth signed my poster and I thanked him before he moved along. Aether was next and I shook his hand telling him my name, like I would greeting anyone else I didn’t know. I was trying to think of something to ask him but I blanked so I followed with “what’s your name?” Like I would anyone else. But then I screamed at myself like wtfff u know he can’t answer that!!
I was shook when he actually said his real name. Like omg. And I didn’t realize it, but he had been holding my hand that whole time. I slowly pulled away my hand and he was just looking into my eyes uggghjdsj. He started signing my poster and I was like uhh say something else bitch tf is ur problem! Like when I say that he had me shook, I ain’t lying. My dumbass then asked him what he played in the band. This lil fucker looked me dead in the eyes and said “uh it’s a secret” LIKE BOI U JUST SIGNED IT BUT OKK.
lol I think he realized I didn’t know much about their identities so he was trying to be funny. While he was still looking in my eyes, we both started giggling. I said “ah, that’s right. Well thank you. You were awesome tonight.” After that, he thanked me and carried on to sign other things. And I was standing there like… is that what love at first sight feels like???? Um. Annnd that’s when the obsession started! 🖤